It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
Conspiracy, fake news, manoeuvring...

They just redacted the message from the MMLXXVII code : "MMLXXVII is not a valid redeem code. It is not part of an official promotion and forwards users to an unintended page. Sorry for any misunderstanding."

WE CAN'T TRUST GOG ANYMORE !!!
Post edited June 13, 2018 by MaxFulvus
gospodsmrt: You can claim for honor starter edition free on uplay till june 18.
Thank you
Zadalon: No, it doesn't. Also tried E32018
miguelangelo: how come this is a valid code, but doesn't work?
It's a false positive. It gets past the "Is the code valid?" check but doesn;t match up against whatever they have as a list for valid codes.

edit: I came up via hacking codes for programs. Usually first they would check to see if a code was correctly formatted. Then the program checked to see if it was a valid code. Then some programs checked to see if it was valid against a list of issued codes.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by drmike
There is a quirk with GOG's redeem key page where just about any 2 random characters can link to an inactive code or message. Any other characters after the first 2 are irrelevant, as long as they aren't certain 'forbidden' characters that, like capital i.
So https://www.gog.com/redeem/en will give you the same list as anything from https://www.gog.com/redeem/enAAAAAAA to https://www.gog.com/redeem/enZZZZZZZ.
So, the MMLXXVII code works the same with just MM, or almost any combination of characters thereafter.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by SCPM
I think the redeem page is glitched. I entered random character and like GGKSC and it gave me The Witcher 3 but doesn't let me check out.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by HoangMarcel
HoangMarcel: I think the redeem page is glitched. I entered random character and like GGKSC and it gave me The Witcher 3 but doesn't let me check out.
Yeah, I think the reedem page is glitched for now.
I use GLOBAL code too and I got 2 bundle of Blackguard, but it doesn't let me check out too...

Too much more key is valid but can't checkout the redeemed games like code E32017, C2077, GLOBAL, FALLOUT76, etc.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by Xtander
high rated
Layers of Fear free on Steam for those who missed it previously : https://store.steampowered.com/app/391720/Layers_of_Fear/
MaxFulvus: Conspiracy, fake news, manoeuvring...

They just redacted the message from the MMLXXVII code : "MMLXXVII is not a valid redeem code. It is not part of an official promotion and forwards users to an unintended page. Sorry for any misunderstanding."

WE CAN'T TRUST GOG ANYMORE !!!
Please tell me where exactly they ever said that it actually WAS an official promotion. So far all I could fin on redit were rumours and hearsay.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Please tell me where exactly they ever said that it actually WAS an official promotion. So far all I could fin on redit were rumours and hearsay.
I think you need to change the batteries of your joke detector. :P
MarkoH01: Please tell me where exactly they ever said that it actually WAS an official promotion. So far all I could fin on redit were rumours and hearsay.
Ahh, come on, I'm just kidding... but there is some serious hints that something was planned. Check my previous post with all these pics.
MaxFulvus: Ahh, come on, I'm just kidding... but there is some serious hints that something was planned. Check my previous post with all these pics.
Argh! Yet another time I did not get the joke. I just don't work without smileys :)
muntdefems: I think you need to change the batteries of your joke detector. :P
While in theory you are right don't tell me that this kind of post could not have been real seeing how many complained that the promo does not work even though nobody ever could post a link to the promo. And again: I only work well if I see a smiley :) ;) :D
Post edited June 13, 2018 by MarkoH01
Sorry if its offtopic, when you see(b4 you activate a gog key) that it expires on some date, does it mean that it will be deleted from your games library?
Like that its just "temporary" there?
Or maybe it will expire at some point and wont be possible to redeem it after a certain date?
Post edited June 13, 2018 by slobomo
slobomo: Sorry if its offtopic, when you see(b4 you activate a gog key) that it expires on some date, does it mean that it will be deleted from your games library?
No, it means you won't be able to activate that key from that day on.

EDIT: Yep, you got it right with the last line you edited in. :)

MarkoH01: While in theory you are right don't tell me that this kind of post could not have been real seeing how many complained that the promo does not work even though nobody ever could post a link to the promo. And again: I only work well if I see a smiley :) ;) :D
Hmmm... then maybe it's your batteries that are faulty. xD

Jokes aside, nope, I could see right through MaxFulvus' post. I guess having a good memory helps, e.g. I don't remember MF being the kind of forumite that would write those posts seriously.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by muntdefems
slobomo: Sorry if its offtopic, when you see(b4 you activate a gog key) that it expires on some date, does it mean that it will be deleted from your games library?
Or maybe it will expire at some point and wont be possible to redeem it after a certain date?
It is just the time you have to redeem the code. You will keep the game afterwards if redeemed.
The expiration date of codes is the date after which they can no longer be redeemed. If you redeem them before that date, it's as if you purchased the game(s) in question, you keep them of course.

... and double ninja'd.
Post edited June 13, 2018 by Cavalary