It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
finkleroy: ...
MarkoH01: ...
Thanks for the replies, guys! Cheers!
MarkoH01: ...
fronzelneekburm: Thanks for the replies, guys! Cheers!
When Humble (and other folks as well) do giveaways, tons of the claimed keys go un-redeemed, they just float in limbo for eternity. My guess is that they hope to 'recycle' some of those keys or at the very least light a fire under peoples's asses to get those keys redeemed.
fronzelneekburm: Thanks for the replies, guys! Cheers!
evilnancyreagan: When Humble (and other folks as well) do giveaways, tons of the claimed keys go un-redeemed, they just float in limbo for eternity. My guess is that they hope to 'recycle' some of those keys or at the very least light a fire under peoples's asses to get those keys redeemed.
Well, the keys never expire, so I don't think they can be "recycled", so I assume they made some deal with the publishers to remove the keys from everyone's account after a certain amount of time. If this results in publishers giving away more keys, I'm all for it. All we have to do is inform everyone to copy and paste the keys into a text file or redeem or donate them right away.
fronzelneekburm: Why does Humble hide perfectly valid Steam keys from their user's libraries?
How rotten! I missed out on a few keys myself, not fully understanding Humble's redemption process, and got what you did, the pages saying you missed out, sorry. The fact that those keys actually still exist and are good, yet are simply being denied me for arbirtrary reasons, puts a really bad taste in my mouth for Humble.
fronzelneekburm: Why does Humble hide perfectly valid Steam keys from their user's libraries?
BlueMooner: How rotten! I missed out on a few keys myself, not fully understanding Humble's redemption process, and got what you did, the pages saying you missed out, sorry. The fact that those keys actually still exist and are good, yet are simply being denied me for arbirtrary reasons, puts a really bad taste in my mouth for Humble.
I agree with you to some extent, but I'm also reminded of the old adage about not looking a gift horse in the mouth. In any case, Humble Bundle is a non-profit organization, so it's hard for me to be too annoyed with them for too long.
finkleroy: Humble Bundle is a non-profit organization
LOLWUT
finkleroy: Humble Bundle is a non-profit organization
muntdefems: LOLWUT
It's always been a non-profit. It's raised $120 million for charity. It was bought out last fall by IGN, which kept it non-profit and has used its resources to help it raise even more for charity than before. Did you not know this?
finkleroy: It's always been a non-profit. It's raised $120 million for charity. It was bought out last fall by IGN, which kept it non-profit and has used its resources to help it raise even more for charity than before. Did you not know this?
Your innocence is almost heartwarming. :P

From Humble's own FAQ:
Can I get an invoice or tax receipt for my purchases?

Our Terms of Service state that our service is only for the sales of products and product rights to customers for their personal, non-commercial use. As a result, we do not have any setup for providing business invoices or receipts for business purchases.

Humble Bundle is a commercial business and is not considered a 501(c) Organization, aka a non-profit organization. Purchases of bundles do not qualify for tax deductions under current tax laws for most countries. For more information, please click here.
muntdefems: Your innocence is almost heartwarming. :P

From Humble's own FAQ:

Can I get an invoice or tax receipt for my purchases?

Our Terms of Service state that our service is only for the sales of products and product rights to customers for their personal, non-commercial use. As a result, we do not have any setup for providing business invoices or receipts for business purchases.

Humble Bundle is a commercial business and is not considered a 501(c) Organization, aka a non-profit organization. Purchases of bundles do not qualify for tax deductions under current tax laws for most countries. For more information, please click here.
muntdefems:
Umm... A for-profit company has raised more than $120 million for charity in eight years, sells 12 of Rockstar Games' games for $15, sells $150-$200 worth of games for $12 each month, and recently gave me 10% off my purchase of GTA V + gave an additional 10% of the purchase price to charity? How is this a for-profit business model? They should have gone under a very long time ago with massive losses like that.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by finkleroy
finkleroy: Umm... A for-profit organization has raised more than $120 million for charity in eight years, Sells 12 games for $15, sells $150-$200 worth of games for $12 each month, and recently gave me 10% off my purchase of GTA V + gave an additional 10% of the purchase price to charity? How is this a for-profit business model? They should have gone under a very long time ago with massive losses like that.
Well, seeing that their own words aren't enough to convince you I don't expect to do it myself, but just two points:

1) Allocating part of your profit to charity (and getting some not incosiderable tax deductions as a result, by the way) is not the same as being a non-profit organization.

2) Charity aspect notwithstanding, many other online stores offer deals at least as good as those you mention, so I'm not sure what's your point there... Is e.g. Fanatical a non-profit organization too in your opinion?
muntdefems: Well, seeing that their own words aren't enough to convince you I don't expect to do it myself, but just two points:

1) Allocating part of your profit to charity (and getting some not incosiderable tax deductions as a result, by the way) is not the same as being a non-profit organization.

2) Charity aspect notwithstanding, many other online stores offer deals at least as good as those you mention, so I'm not sure what's your point there... Is e.g. Fanatical a non-profit organization too in your opinion?
It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't understand this business model. I have no idea who Fanatical is, and the only reason I heard about Humble Bundle is because I backed a Kickstarter project, and the developer/publisher (Red Thread Games) gave me access to the game and its extras (Dreamfall Chapters) on Humble Bundle, and the only reason I heard of GOG is because they also gave me a GOG key for the game. Yes, I'd been living under a rock for the previous six years. I don't understand how there could not be a massive loss, let alone any profit at all, on selling $200 worth of games for $12, even if every game is extremely heavily discounted. Assuming that the publishers and Humble Bundle make enough off of the sale to keep the lights on, how is there any money at all left? The Monthly Bundle surely heavily eats into the would-be profits that would have been made on sales of the individual games if they hadn't been in the bundle.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by finkleroy
finkleroy: I agree with you to some extent, but I'm also reminded of the old adage about not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
If someone said they bought you a present, and went on and on about how nice it was, and even showed it to you, and then told you couldn't have it. Because it's Tuesday. Would you be totally fine with that?

I have no problem with keys that expire. I have no problem with a limited time chance to get a key, or random chance, or a finite number of keys chance... or it will go to someone else. Those are all fine. But apparently Humble has a permanent key that was "given" to me, but I didn't redeem, and so now nobody has it.... it's a key that will never expire and never be claimed, and it's denied me by Humble because I didn't understand their redemption process.

It's arbitrary and wasteful. Plus, I'll admit to childhood scarring about things being offered / promised me, and then denied, so perhaps I'm hypersensitive to it.

EDIT

muntdefems: Is e.g. Fanatical a non-profit organization too in your opinion?
My understanding of how Fanatical offers low prices is a legal loophole: they buy deeply discounted keys meant for very poor countries, and then turn around and sell them to rich countries.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by BlueMooner
BlueMooner: It's arbitrary and wasteful. Plus, I'll admit to childhood scarring about things being offered / promised me, and then denied, so perhaps I'm hypersensitive to it.
Humble Bundle ALWAYS states when the keys "expire" so that's absolutely not comparable. We can argue if it's nice or not to let valid keys disappear after some time, but since they openly announce the expiration date I don't really see how it's their fault when people just take the offered gifts without even looking at it ...
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Geddes17
high rated
Mini Ninjas Free
NA: store.na.square-enix.com/product/280988/mini-ninjas-pc-download
EU: store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/310553/mini-ninjas-pc-download

Use Coupon Code "MiniNinjas" at Checkout
bela555: Mini Ninjas Free
NA: store.na.square-enix.com/product/280988/mini-ninjas-pc-download
EU: store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/310553/mini-ninjas-pc-download

Use Coupon Code "MiniNinjas" at Checkout
thanks!