It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank god for friends.

What's better than Awakening by yourself? Awakening with a friend, of course.

<span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, the turn-based strategy/RPG inspired by Slavic mythology, just received a FREE DLC appropriately named MultiPrayer. It brings a two-player co-op mode, where each of them starts in their own village, with all citizens sharing a common faith in the same god. Fair distribution of resources, workforce, and tasks is key to achieving success and navigating the random events that keep popping up on both sides of the terrain.

Bugfixes, UI improvements, new stories, and an additional available building also come bundled in this free update for <span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, that is certain to renew your faith in the strategic benefits of friendship.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/C6aoABlJhQ8
Post edited June 24, 2016 by maladr0Id
Free DLC. I'm down with that.
*bump*

No love? These guys and this game are awesome. Check it out if you're remotely interested - there's a lot to like here, very unique game and setting.
Ixamyakxim: No love? These guys and this game are awesome. Check it out if you're remotely interested - there's a lot to like here, very unique game and setting.
+1. Preach, brother!
Ixamyakxim: No love? These guys and this game are awesome. Check it out if you're remotely interested - there's a lot to like here, very unique game and setting.
IAmSinistar: +1. Preach, brother!
LOL - I was sold when they said "We suck at Linux, but here's the code - knock yourself out getting it to run." Class acts - the fact that they continue to support it with free DLC is no surprise at all.

And on top of all that, it's actually a great game with a lot of unique mechanics and fun gameplay.
Ixamyakxim: LOL - I was sold when they said "We suck at Linux, but here's the code - knock yourself out getting it to run." Class acts - the fact that they continue to support it with free DLC is no surprise at all.

And on top of all that, it's actually a great game with a lot of unique mechanics and fun gameplay.
Quite so. I backed them on KS, where they struggled as well. I guess their game is just a bit too different for broad success, but people really should give it a chance.
This game looks fantastic, it's nice to see free DLCs, always!
Additional free content is always great. Thank you!
How does the multiplayer work? Local co-op? LAN? Direct IP? Galaxy? Several of the above? :/
tamablenebula: How does the multiplayer work? Local co-op? LAN? Direct IP? Galaxy? Several of the above? :/
it's multipRayer, the best connection for this game is spiritual!
tamablenebula: How does the multiplayer work? Local co-op? LAN? Direct IP? Galaxy? Several of the above? :/
I'll find out for you in about an hour, if nobody else has.
You can host by direct connection, host by name, join by IP address, join by name... nothing to do with Steamworks or Galaxy.

I think you'd need to prepare with a friend beforehand as there is no 'browser'. To start it up, there is a TheaMP executable in the game's directory.
This game just keeps jumping up my wishlist, nice to see devs actively supporting their game instead of milking their customers for all they're worth.
micktiegs_8: You can host by direct connection, host by name, join by IP address, join by name... nothing to do with Steamworks or Galaxy.

I think you'd need to prepare with a friend beforehand as there is no 'browser'. To start it up, there is a TheaMP executable in the game's directory.
Oh, a separate program! :o No wonder I couldn't find anything when I downloaded it!

Now I see it's in the Start Menu. I'm on Windows 8.1 - I don't really use it. I just use desktop shortcuts. :/

In the olden days, I'd just have checked the manual. You have to love these modern games and their compete lack of documentation! :D

Thanks a bunch! :D
Wow, I thought there was a Steam forum thread where someone asked about this, and they were like, "It's technically fraught, and not very much in demand, and we're working on tons of other things". Or maybe my memory is foggy.

I got my wife hooked on this, but we won't have time to devote a day to this for a few weeks. At least that gives some time to wait and get feedback on whether it's implemented well, or adds to the plot/gameplay much. I'm a little iffy, but it's great that they've solved some of the tech stuff, and they can always iterate further if it seems like a good way forward.