It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

According to the promo screen, the new Freedom Friday will feature games already mentioned in this thread, specifically:
Egypt Adventure Sky Way [url=http://www.desura.com/games/cosmic-highway]Cosmic Highway
I think they just see the Freedom Friday as a highlight opportunity but don't see a reason to keep the games hidden until they announce them.
<span class="bold">Yet, I despise him</span>

You play as Richard, who sets out on a quest to find his father who has been searching for the secret of life, deep within the uncharted wilderness. On your journey you must come to terms with your deep resentment for your father, something that has developed under the years of abandonment during his research.
After discovering an old journal of his, you start a journey to find him, and make him answer for what he has done towards you and your mother.

Jump from wall to wall, shoot yourself through the vicious wildlife, and discover the long harbored secrets of this primal world.
<span class="bold">Ambre</span>

Tristan Malory is an ordinary salary-man, caught into the same routine of “commute, work, sleep” since the departure of his wife. That is until he meets Ambre, a sweet and naïve little girl who happens to be homeless. Touched, he decides to shelter her for the moment. Their cohabitation quickly becomes very strange, if not creepy, until the story breaks apart to reveal a terrible secret.
<span class="bold">Without Within</span>

Vinty has been getting nowhere with her calligraphy. Her confidence has sunk to an all time low. As life pressures her toward giving up, will she forget why she pursued this craft in the first place?
Marathon the predecessor to Halo.
One of the most groundbreaking PFS series of all time with a deep storyline,especially for the 90s.
<span class="bold">Arcade3000</span>

Just a fun little project, hope you have fun playing it!

Addicting and Fun, enough said, go and have some fun!

<span class="bold">My For-Skin Flea Circus</span>

My For-Skin Flea Circus is a short game following a man who has just escaped from prison, only to discover that his gang no longer wants him, and have kidnapped his daughter. In order to save her, he must overcome an array of adventurous (and often bizarre) obstacles that stand in his way. Will he save her? Find out in... My For-Skin Flea Circus.
<span class="bold">Bean Farmer Pinball</span>

In a dusty corner of the app store lay an old pinball table, clunky, but still working fine.

Introducing Bean Farmer Pinball, a pinball game inspired by the days of the 70's pinball era. It's simple, uncluttered and fun! This is the first from the Hip Pocket Pinball Series. Available for Windows, MacOSX, Linux and Android.

This game was made for those who remember and love the days of old school pinball, milk bars, and hamburgers with the lot.
<span class="bold">Crumple</span>

Crumple is a 3-episode vision based off, initially, a dying industry. The death of paper. Crumple is about Enve: An envelope brought to life, who wakes up inside a paper factory that is burning to the ground.

Enve will have limitations from the normal type of platforming character. One of those limitations: A lack of arms. With Enve not having arms, it’ll need to rely on some risky physics to get around within its world.

You, the player, will also use Enve’s small variety of moves in order to resolve the many environmental puzzles within a period of time. These will include slides, double jumps, & yes, crumpling!

Can you help Enve escape the mysterious fire within the factory, all the while leaving the player to discover how Enve ended up where it is and why? Time is against you...
Impaler26: <span class="bold">Bean Farmer Pinball</span>

In a dusty corner of the app store lay an old pinball table, clunky, but still working fine.

Introducing Bean Farmer Pinball, a pinball game inspired by the days of the 70's pinball era. It's simple, uncluttered and fun! This is the first from the Hip Pocket Pinball Series. Available for Windows, MacOSX, Linux and Android.

This game was made for those who remember and love the days of old school pinball, milk bars, and hamburgers with the lot.
If the physics were better it would be really good as it stands it's still not bad but not great 7/10* *I like pinball so am slightly biased
<span class="bold">Oknytt</span>

Oknytt is a point-and-click adventure game where the player takes the role of a small, seemingly insignificant creature, leading it through a dark world riddled with obstacles to help it find a place to belong. The game takes place in a Norse medieval world and contains a number of beings and areas inspired by Swedish folklore. Oknytt's gameplay is comprised of classic point-and-click puzzle solving combined with the usage of four runes located at the bottom of the screen. These runes can be activated at any time to trigger various changes and events in the area around the protagonist.

Features
· Manipulate the environment around you using elemental forces
· A unique art style inspired by the famous Swedish painter John Bauer
· Experience and collect lore about creatures and monsters from Scandinavian folk lore
· Fully voiced by the talented Brian Hall
· Winner of the Swedish Game Concept Challenge 2012

I'm surprised that the Desura version is free now, probably because the developers won't update it anymore?
If you don't already have it - grab it! It's an awesome adventure! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

<span class="bold">Colina(Hill) 1.5</span>

Colina 1.5 is an improvement of the first Colina. In this version you are still in your grandmother's cottage and still looking for his parents and his grandmother, but things have changed and now you will need to solve puzzles to escape the house. Also, a more complete story has been implemented, detailing further and deeper what has happened in that cottage at the top of the Hill.
<span class="bold">Typefighters</span>

Typefighters is a competitive multiplayer game where two players battle each other using their typing skills. Its variety of modes does not only emphasise typing speed and correctness, but also other skills like reaction time, sustained attention, creativity, tactics and anticipating the opponents moves. Aside from being a tool to settle arguments on who is the best on a keyboard, the game can also be used for training purposes.

Features:
- Show your friends who is the fastest typist!
- 8 modes requiring a variety of skills aside from typing speed and correctness.
- Online and LAN multiplayer for two players.
- Add your own word lists for additional languages and special challenges.
- Additional benefit of providing typing practice.
- Cross-platform multiplayer for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Customizable singleplayer opponent.
Impaler26: <span class="bold">Oknytt</span>
*snip*
I'm surprised that the Desura version is free now, probably because the developers won't update it anymore?
If you don't already have it - grab it! It's an awesome adventure! :)
I agree, and I'm also surprised! :o

The new Freedom Friday is up~!
http://www.desura.com/groups/desura/news/freedom-friday-for-march-27-2015

Is there any way to add the free games to your account without starting the darned Desura game manager? Their GM annoys the heck out of me, and it really annoys me to have to start downloading the darned games in order to get them for free >_<
genkicolleen: Is there any way to add the free games to your account without starting the darned Desura game manager? Their GM annoys the heck out of me, and it really annoys me to have to start downloading the darned games in order to get them for free >_<
If you can find the game on the front page, you can hover over it and click the "Add to Collection" button. This should drop it into your account without requiring you to go through the manager. I need to test that theory though, it's been a while...

EDIT: Yes, it still works. I added Colina(Hill) to my collection with just a click.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: If you can find the game on the front page, you can hover over it and click the "Add to Collection" button. This should drop it into your account without requiring you to go through the manager. I need to test that theory though, it's been a while...
It works, thank you~! :D
genkicolleen: It works, thank you~! :D
Certainly! And you can change the display to just Free games on the front page, to make shopping even easier. I just added another half-dozen to my account that way. The only downside is that the button doesn't reflect whether you already own the game, although clicking on one you do own doesn't cause any issues.