It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have two ideas for the next setup I might run (but anyone else can take them too). The first we already talked about:

1. Portal - everyone is either a regular PR or a compulsory re-director. Powers and kills take effect at the last point of a chain of redirections or, if a loop occurs, at the entry point of the loop.

2. Police Academy - everyone is a cop. But everyone has a hidden modifier restricting their usefulness. (paranoid, naive, weak, corrupt, flavour, shy, amnesiac, backup). One might add a profiler who reads the modifiers - but I think that would unbalance things in Town's favour.
I can go next (maybe with a deputy moderator in case life uh finds a way), but i'm happy for lift to jump ahead of me if vitek and trent are.

Lifthrasil: 2. Police Academy - everyone is a cop. But everyone has a hidden modifier restricting their usefulness. (paranoid, naive, weak, corrupt, flavour, shy, amnesiac, backup). One might add a profiler who reads the modifiers - but I think that would unbalance things in Town's favour.
i was gonna be like hey D:< you stole my infinite-psychoanalysts idea, but then i remembered i stole it from that old four-cops-one-sane-one-insane-one-naive-one-paranoid setup so carry on!
Two new role ideas-
Haunter or Hypnotist: When performing the factional kill, if your target performs an night action on a single player that doesn't share your alignment, the player they targeted dies instead. (Your target doesn't change. This could have several variations, such as being optional or effecting other night actions you perform.)

Forensicist: Targets someone at night to find if they have performed a night kill during the game. (Ironically doesn't work flavorfully with Hypnotists as written. Does work flavorfully with Haunters though.)
JoeSapphire: I can go next (maybe with a deputy moderator in case life uh finds a way), but i'm happy for lift to jump ahead of me if vitek and trent are.
Nah, you go ahead. My ideas still need refinement, so I'd prefer not to run the next game. Perhaps the one after that.
FrostburnPhoenix: Two new role ideas-
Haunter or Hypnotist: When performing the factional kill, if your target performs an night action on a single player that doesn't share your alignment, the player they targeted dies instead. (Your target doesn't change. This could have several variations, such as being optional or effecting other night actions you perform.)

Forensicist: Targets someone at night to find if they have performed a night kill during the game. (Ironically doesn't work flavorfully with Hypnotists as written. Does work flavorfully with Haunters though.)
1. I would remove the "that doesn't share your alignment" condition. Makes the role more risky and IMO more interesting.
2. I would add a role that can deduce if someone was hypnotized during the game. I.e. a variation of the Forensic. Might be called 'Occultist' or something.
Post edited November 25, 2022 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: I have two ideas for the next setup I might run (but anyone else can take them too). The first we already talked about:

1. Portal - everyone is either a regular PR or a compulsory re-director. Powers and kills take effect at the last point of a chain of redirections or, if a loop occurs, at the entry point of the loop.
The Target is a Lie!!
My negative rep went down to -115 (should be -114 now).
Can't believe I'll see the day when I stop using quotes everytime I want to link something.
Okay. Just in case, I may have an 11 players setup ready-ish, for whenever needed. But it can wait for later (happy to take a break inbetween games) and also 11 players is an ambitious number for this forum, it seems.
Lifthrasil: 2. I would add a role that can deduce if someone was hypnotized during the game. I.e. a variation of the Forensic. Might be called 'Occultist' or something.
I'm not sure exactly how that's a variation of the Forensicist, but if you wanted Forensicist to work with hypnotist you could make it check if you visited someone the night they died, either telling you whether they ever visited someone the night they died, or giving a list of all players they visited the night they died. (The latter is probably too powerful.)

Also on the topic of adding risk to the hypnotist: it already makes you much more likely to hit VTs. If it isn't optional it could easily be considered negative utility.

Telika: Okay. Just in case, I may have an 11 players setup ready-ish, for whenever needed. But it can wait for later (happy to take a break inbetween games) and also 11 players is an ambitious number for this forum, it seems.
Eleven seems average.
Telika: Okay. Just in case, I may have an 11 players setup ready-ish, for whenever needed. But it can wait for later (happy to take a break inbetween games) and also 11 players is an ambitious number for this forum, it seems.
FrostburnPhoenix: Eleven seems average.
But the last game (12 players) was difficult to get started and its players difficult to keep.
Telika: But the last game (12 players) was difficult to get started and its players difficult to keep.
Considering that is like half of the forums active userbase, it's not very surprising.
Don't worry about it being ambitious and just use it whenever. We've had bigger games organized not too long ago, it just ebbs and flows.
PookaMustard: Don't worry about it being ambitious and just use it whenever. We've had bigger games organized not too long ago, it just ebbs and flows.
You should also consider that the chosen theme (Anime girls) is something that not everyone likes. When ZFR made a few Harry Potter themed games or Lift's recent LucasArts adventures, unexpected players came from nowhere to join.
ZFR: I mean, I understand some sort of automated system that goes through your request first before connecting you with a human, to sieve through all the requests. Like "How can we help you? 1. Request a refund. 2. Payment problems. 3. Technical problems.... 9. Other. Contact a representative."

But this is ridiculous.

Also...
What is triple moronic is doing the (...) while the bot is "typing", instead of displaying its responses immediately. I mean, seriously:. The one advantage of having a bot instead of a human, is that the bot is faster. Why do I have to wait 3-4 secs between its responses is beyond me.
I'm ressurrecting this post to complain about a brazilian company's contact channel.

Those ellipsis are awful but I got something So. Much. Worse.
If you call one of Brazil's main phone carriers you're greeted by the usual bot pretending to be a human (of course).

"Please type your national ID number for me to find your records."
<I type my document number>
"Got it"
(2 seconds of clackity- clackity-clack)
"Found you. What would you like to do? Press '1' for Payments, '2' for support..."
It's so cringeworthy. That sound is so grating, I feel like I'm listening to nails on a chalkboard whenever it comes up. And it looks like they love it because they take every chance to pretend there's a human typing something.
Worst of all is when I make some more detailed request, it does the clackity-clack, then the bot speaks asking me to wait another moment and does a second round of clackity-clack.
It's utterly asinine. It's also extremely disrespectful, since it's implying that every single customer of theirs must be a complete moron.

/rant
Post edited November 29, 2022 by joppo
joppo: I'm ressurrecting this post to complain about a brazilian company's contact channel.

Those ellipsis are awful but I got something So. Much. Worse.
If you call one of Brazil's main phone carriers you're greeted by the usual bot pretending to be a human (of course). It's so cringeworthy. That sound is so grating, I feel like I'm listening to nails on a chalkboard whenever it comes up. And it looks like they love it because they take every chance to pretend there's a human typing something.
Worst of all is when I make some more detailed request, it does the clackity-clack, then the bot speaks asking me to wait another moment and does a second round of clackity-clack.
It's utterly asinine. It's also extremely disrespectful, since it's implying that every single customer of theirs must be a complete moron.

/rant
That bot is probably crying right now. They had really rough day at work where no one appreciates them and on top of that their family life is crumbling. Their partner bot is cheating on them and botkid got into trouble at school recently and will be possibly expelled.
Hopefully it makes you feel better.
joppo: /rant
TheGOGfather: That bot is probably crying right now. They had really rough day at work where no one appreciates them and on top of that their family life is crumbling. Their partner bot is cheating on them and botkid got into trouble at school recently and will be possibly expelled.
I will drink its digital tears and. They. Will. Be. Delicious.

I hope I can meet "Junior" to recommend it to give its all in bot school so it can avoid being the poor excuse for a bot that "Daddy" is. I hope it can leave that failure of a bot family behind and become the driver for a Tesla self-driving car. Oh and that cheating wifebot? They deserve each other.

TheGOGfather: Hopefully it makes you feel better.
Why, it did. Thank you. :)