It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: maybe scum do have chat? did I run it wrong? or am i remembering wrong?
Bookwyrm627: Mod's choice; it could go either way.

Carradice: Interesting! I guess that the revolver is reloaded randomly by the mod after each "bang!".
Bookwyrm627: More or less, yes. When I modded it (learning from the guy before me), the mod chat basically had a long string of random numbers that indicated which chamber had a bullet.

Players type "Shoot [target]" to pull the trigger, and either get a 'click' or a 'bang!' (and a dead target). Players can't take a second shot unless either 1) The gun has fired (at which point it is free-for-all again), or 2) Every player has taken a shot (again, the gun is open for all but the bullet is still in the same chamber!) (mostly comes up near the end).
I think the bolded was determined to be a gog-houserule that we use to make the game faster but unfairer
JoeSapphire: I think the bolded was determined to be a gog-houserule that we use to make the game faster but unfairer
It does make the game faster, which was pretty much the entire point. It encourages players not to lollygag around, and prevents pretty much anyone from holding up the game, leading to a short and sweet bloodbath.
Bookwyrm627: It does make the game faster, which was pretty much the entire point. It encourages players not to lollygag around, and prevents pretty much anyone from holding up the game, leading to a short and sweet bloodbath.
Short and sweet. I wish everything was so simple in life
Bookwyrm627: It does make the game faster, which was pretty much the entire point. It encourages players not to lollygag around, and prevents pretty much anyone from holding up the game, leading to a short and sweet bloodbath.
Dessimu: Short and sweet. I wish everything was so simple in life
Frankly it is simple.

However most folks aren't willing to put in the effort it takes to do a proper bloodbath.
Bookwyrm627: Players type "Shoot [target]" to pull the trigger, and either get a 'click' or a 'bang!' (and a dead target). Players can't take a second shot unless either 1) The gun has fired (at which point it is free-for-all again), or 2) Every player has taken a shot (again, the gun is open for all but the bullet is still in the same chamber!) (mostly comes up near the end).
Thanks for the explanation, also to Lift and Joe.

I wonder, have you ever tried a Russian Roulette game where...

...A player gets the gun, they say who should get the gun afterwards, then points to themselves and pull the trigger.

... Whether it is click or bang, the player the former player said gets teh gun.

Town wins when all mafia are down. Mafia knows who they are. The first player may be chosen randomly by the mod.

Therefore if the gun has still lots of chambers left to try, you pass the gun to someone in the hope that it will not bang. And the opposite, if the gun has few chambers left, you pass it to someone who looks scummy to you (if you are Town).

You can say a few last words just in case before pulling the trigger.

What do you think?
Post edited May 31, 2022 by Carradice
If you want to make it more messy, some optional rules...

The player the former player mentioned, has to pick the gun, he will say "I PICK the gun".

But he can be ninjaed...

Another player may SEIZE the gun if the guy in waiting still did not PICK the gun... On condition that an additional bullet is added. If there is a click, the game goes on as usual. If there is a BANG, the mod puts just one bullet for the next round.

It is possible to SEIZE the gun after another guy SEIZED the gun and clicked... Therefore there will be THREE bullets... rinse and repeat if people dares.

The endgame might be interesting as there are options for the daring.

These optional rules might speed up the game. If you do not want anyone to stall the game, then elinimate the PICK command. Whenever the appointed player did not say they PULL, anyone can SEIZE the gun. If the guy who seized the gun takes their sweet time and does not appoint a sucessor and PULLs in the same post, it is possible that another one seizes the gun themselves. Super messy and super fast.

Also, the mod can PULL for the appointed player after the number of hours indicated since they got the gun, if they did not PULL themselves and no one seized the gun in the meanwhile. If no sucessor was indicated by the player in charge of the gun, the mod might appoint one randomly. With this, games might become as fast as you want. But people might want to seize the gun. Once it has two bullets, you will get a bang soon enough. More with three.
Post edited May 31, 2022 by Carradice
Dessimu: Short and sweet. I wish everything was so simple in life
flubbucket: Frankly it is simple.

However most folks aren't willing to put in the effort it takes to do a proper bloodbath.
Man, I am, see?
Carradice: What do you think?
To me, that all sounds fairly complicated compared to the "Shoot That Guy" that we've done before. You're free to host a version like that, though.
Carradice: What do you think?
Bookwyrm627: To me, that all sounds fairly complicated compared to the "Shoot That Guy" that we've done before. You're free to host a version like that, though.
Would you join the other kind?
I'd play Carrdice Russian Roulette True Form Madness

CRRTFM

(pronounced carrotfoam)
Bookwyrm627: To me, that all sounds fairly complicated compared to the "Shoot That Guy" that we've done before. You're free to host a version like that, though.
Carradice: Would you join the other kind?
If you mean "Would Wyrm join a Russian Roulette game where each player just points the gun at a living player and pulls the trigger", then the answer is "Very likely 'Yes' (terms and conditions may apply)".
JoeSapphire: carrotfoam
Get out of here Blumenthal and take your crab ice cream with you!
dogmaus is currently banned from this forum so he won't be able to join this game :(
Microfish_1: dogmaus is currently banned from this forum so he won't be able to join this game :(
Well that's shitty. As far as I know they were banned for fighting homophobes and transphobes in the comments on the pride month news post. As is expected for the GOG forums, the alt-right hate mob are out in full force.
Microfish_1: dogmaus is currently banned from this forum so he won't be able to join this game :(
my name is catte: Well that's shitty. As far as I know they were banned for fighting homophobes and transphobes in the comments on the pride month news post. As is expected for the GOG forums, the alt-right hate mob are out in full force.
The ban makes sense then. GOG doesn't want that fight here, so don't fight them, just report the post(s) and move on.