It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: QUICKTOPIC IS SHUTTING DOWN.

Backup all Mafia chats before they are lost forever!
joppo: I am very sad that I just read this.

Thanks for doing this work of preservation Pooka. I have a lot of free time until the weekend, so I will gladly help if you need me to.
You're welcome!

For a start, it'd be a decent start to point the Wayback Machine at the links. Leoric is working on saving the HTMLs for each of those pages. Could also save the HTMLs for the second half.

Another way to help is checking if I missed anything in the spreadsheet. Either way, more hands on deck are better!

Hosting is another thing to worry about. Knowing me, I'll just stick the files on OneDrive, but surely it's better to spread them across many more destinations.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by PookaMustard
PookaMustard: Hosting is another thing to worry about. Knowing me, I'll just stick the files on OneDrive, but surely it's better to spread them across many more destinations.
I'll host on my Dropbox too.

The more people have it the better, you never know what happens.
By the way, for the alternative, this is the site I suggest using.

https://proboards.com/

You can create a free forum in a minute, then in admin settings, enable the options of "Guests Must Login" to prevent non registered people from viewing it and either "Restric Registrations" or "Disable Registrations" to prevent anyone from signing up.
ZFR: By the way, for the alternative, this is the site I suggest using.

https://proboards.com/

You can create a free forum in a minute, then in admin settings, enable the options of "Guests Must Login" to prevent non registered people from viewing it and either "Restric Registrations" or "Disable Registrations" to prevent anyone from signing up.
I think we did use a proboard for one game. Maybe you ran it?

It goes above and beyond our needs for mafia chats but it's a good replacement for QT. It almost feels wasteful to make a new board for each mafia game. I guess we could just make one and hand the admin account on to the next host.
my name is supyreor catte: I think we did use a proboard for one game. Maybe you ran it?
It was the Sultan's Court. Cadaver was blocked from QT.

my name is supyreor catte: It goes above and beyond our needs for mafia chats but it's a good replacement for QT. It almost feels wasteful to make a new board for each mafia game. I guess we could just make one and hand the admin account on to the next host.
Hmmm.. Not a bad idea. We create one thread per game then.

Will probably need a couple of boards: Mafia, Observer, Mod, Extra 1, Extra 2... (in case of multiple factions or a mod creating bastard sibling lovers). As long as proboards doesn't complain about multiple IPs sharing same account should be good.

EDIT:
On second thought, unless there is a way of editing visibility of single threads, it won't work out. After game is over, it would mean banning all existing members so they can't view the next game. Also, it would mean you can't view previous game chats while a game is in progress.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by ZFR
I stumbled upon the notice on QT when browsing some unrelated topic, and am glad to see that you guys have taken action.

PookaMustard: Added print-friendly links to the spreadsheet. These should:
- load all posts by default
- top post is oldest and bottom is latest

I've also got some more links from zeogold, and found an extra QT hidden within one of the other QTs. I think now, we can move past the organization phase and begin the part where we save all this stuff.

My suggested format is to save each QT in a folder for the specific game they're for. #65 - The Shining has four threads, so all four threads should be saved in #65, basically, resulting in several folders for each game. I think future readers will want everything neatly organized by game after all.
You've done a great job here, especially by adding print-friendly links!

PookaMustard: You're welcome!

For a start, it'd be a decent start to point the Wayback Machine at the links. Leoric is working on saving the HTMLs for each of those pages. Could also save the HTMLs for the second half.

Another way to help is checking if I missed anything in the spreadsheet. Either way, more hands on deck are better!

Hosting is another thing to worry about. Knowing me, I'll just stick the files on OneDrive, but surely it's better to spread them across many more destinations.
After taking a look at the spreadsheet (I'll cross-check it later/within the next few days), I've noticed the comment regarding game #42. Not sure what you mean, but what about the QT links at the very bottom of post #2105?
It seems to me that The Gulch is the mafia chat and The Town of Nashua is the Dead/Observer thread (I've not followed that game, so I could be wrong)? No idea what the other two are about.

Additionally to the Wayback Machine, we could also archive them via https://archive.ph, which has the benefit that created PDFs retain all format (background colours, etc.); I could do this if it's wanted.

I can also save and host the folders if it's desired.
HypersomniacLive: After taking a look at the spreadsheet (I'll cross-check it later/within the next few days), I've noticed the comment regarding game #42. Not sure what you mean, but what about the QT links at the very bottom of post #2105?
It seems to me that The Gulch is the mafia chat and The Town of Nashua is the Dead/Observer thread (I've not followed that game, so I could be wrong)? No idea what the other two are about.

Additionally to the Wayback Machine, we could also archive them via https://archive.ph, which has the benefit that created PDFs retain all format (background colours, etc.); I could do this if it's wanted.

I can also save and host the folders if it's desired.
Damn, I missed these links. Probably because I couldn't find mentions of QuickTopic, scumchat, or observer and this game was pretty painful to read. Thanks for the catch!

And yeah, we could use archive.ph. In fact we should use everything we can use to keep the threads from dying, and host them on multiples of places. Like ZFR said above, you never know what happens.
HSL!
HypersomniacLive: .
Hi HSL! Glad to see you here. How about joining the game? I haven't quarreled with you in ages! ;-)
Oh yeah, please join us in the next game, HSL.
(I want to lose on your hands again but don't tell anybody that)
The good news is that I uploaded what I got of games #1 to #10! You'll find links to them on the spreadsheet.

They're uploaded on my OneDrive, but don't thank me for that. Thank Leoric for saving games #1 to #40 + Russian Roulette #1 at the moment.

Once more, the link to the speadsheet is here, the central hub for archiving GOG Mafia QuickTopics. The file is open for any and all comments, you can use Google Sheets' comment system for anything that needs to be done.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t4tzmXlyRvIcwc2habJ9xsIwDYf7o2HQbxrcsJSHm1M/edit#gid=0

Thanks for helping me on this endeavor and, more importantly, for being in your awesome company!

EDIT: Now up to #19 uploaded and linked.
Post edited November 04, 2021 by PookaMustard

PookaMustard: The good news is that I uploaded what I got of games #1 to #10! You'll find links to them on the spreadsheet.

They're uploaded on my OneDrive, but don't thank me for that. Thank Leoric for saving games #1 to #40 + Russian Roulette #1 at the moment.
Hm, I started saving chats from 45 onwards (to avoid the early games where you'd be working) but just noticed this. Good thing I decided to check up here before going wild. I only got up to 47.

I guess I will start from the latest games and work my way back instead.

Also I'm saving them, but I should upload afterwards. I don't usually use cloud storage so I'll look at it when I get there.
PookaMustard: The good news is that I uploaded what I got of games #1 to #10! You'll find links to them on the spreadsheet.

joppo: Hm, I started saving chats from 45 onwards (to avoid the early games where you'd be working) but just noticed this. Good thing I decided to check up here before going wild. I only got up to 47.

I guess I will start from the latest games and work my way back instead.

Also I'm saving them, but I should upload afterwards. I don't usually use cloud storage so I'll look at it when I get there.
If you have Discord or Telegram, you could upload the games there and I'll handle them on cloud storage. That is if you don't decide to use your own. That said, we still do need to check over Leoric's uploads, but so far there's nothing wrong with them apart from the cookie banner not being dismissible for some reason, but that can be solved with an adblocker or HTML editing.
ZFR: ...
Was there a Neighbouro Channel #1 for game #64? The Hogwarts one?
Most games have been archived and uploaded now!

There are a few games in which the HTML was sent broken, and of course the few which we don't have any idea about what happened with the QT threads. But so far? I'm happy. Nearly everything could've been lost, but here we are. What's left now is revising, double checking threads and leads, and all that jazz. The post-upload stage.

I'll see what I can do about the few missing HTML files and for the games which don't have links or have troubled pasts, I'll see what I can do about them. Alternatively, you should link us to any stray QT links you have and I'll see where they should go.

Thanks to everyone for your cooperation.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t4tzmXlyRvIcwc2habJ9xsIwDYf7o2HQbxrcsJSHm1M/edit#gid=0