It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For me, best tie-breaker is whoever-reached-that-number-first.

joppo: For example word count during [that Day / the whole game] for each lynch candidate (punishes lurkers, so it is a incentive for those players to post more). It would be a bit of extra work for the mod, but with the right tools it wouldn't be that bad.
But this way, whoever is tied can just quickly publish any rubbish just before Day is over.
Post edited August 13, 2021 by ZFR
flubbucket: I would like to pose a question for discussion.

Which is preferable;
A) A Night Zero with all roles able to do their thing as well as a Night Kill ??
2] Day One starts as usual with RVS and then randomish lynch End of Day like usual ??
ZFR: It bothers me you mixed letters and numbers.

I'd say I prefer A, but that way I never get to play.

Still, A it is for me.
and brackets. =D

I did it with you in mind. Happy Birthday!!

When I first started playing all the games were like option A. One big difference was the sign up thread was much longer. Players would get their roles while the sign up was open so there was at least some banter, bread-crumbing, and innuendo. But dying Night Zero was a complete drag. Upside was Day One was all business after much less RVS. Games were paced a lot faster, but I don't long for that at all.

I do think more creative ideas are out there for Day One starts.

Vote: Vitek
Vitek: I prefer long N0 where nobody can do any action and just have to sit around and wait. The Night ends in random moment and then the following Day only lasts 2 hours.
With 3 Cult leaders. Sounds like a nice plan.
flubbucket: and brackets. =D
You did it willingly? You monster! >=(
ZFR: With 3 Cult leaders. Sounds like a nice plan.
There's a game idea. Everyone is a cult leader, but no one has recruit immunity and loses their recruitment ability if recruited. See which cult comes out on top.
Post edited August 13, 2021 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: There's a game idea. Everyone is a cult leader, but no one has recruit immunity and loses their recruitment ability if recruited. See which cult comes out on top.
Man, that's not bad. If we do it with 24-hr Days (no Nights, each one submits his action during Day, and can modify it any time), we can have a quick Russian-roulette style game.

Needs a tiebreaker in case a recruits b, b recruits c, and c recruits a.

Also, those recruited have no incentive to play.

This is the equivalent of everyone-is-a-vig.
Post edited August 13, 2021 by ZFR
flubbucket: and brackets. =D
Bookwyrm627: You did it willingly? You monster! >=(
Bookwyrm627: There's a game idea. Everyone is a cult leader, but no one has recruit immunity and loses their recruitment ability if recruited. See which cult comes out on top.
I had a hard childhood (no cell, wifi, internet). It led me to a life of crime. I tump over every stack of cans I see in the market. I talk on my cell in the toilet, elevator, movie house, you name it.

...and I love cult games.
ZFR: Also, those recruited have no incentive to play.

After you're recruited you get odd or even bulletproof and one vig shot.
I'm also a big fan of bloodshed. I get it from mother dear.
Post edited August 13, 2021 by flubbucket
ZFR: Needs a tiebreaker in case a recruits b, b recruits c, and c recruits a.

Also, those recruited have no incentive to play.

Hm. Add a priority number to each recruitment. You can use any integer greater than 0, but you can only use it once. Use your 1 early and you won't have it later. I guess random.org to resolve further ties.

Have lynches during the Day, recruitment at Night, and if a leader is lynched then all their current followers die? No private chat, so any coordination has to be done publicly. A leaderless cult doesn't have a sudden death condition, but they can't grow their numbers. If only one leader is alive, then everyone still wins; if no leaders are left then game continues until only one cult remains (possibly going night-less)?

Bookwyrm627: You did it willingly? You monster! >=(
flubbucket: I talk on my cell in the ... movie house, ....
The Special Hell!
ZFR: For me, best tie-breaker is whoever-reached-that-number-first.

joppo: For example word count during [that Day / the whole game] for each lynch candidate (punishes lurkers, so it is a incentive for those players to post more). It would be a bit of extra work for the mod, but with the right tools it wouldn't be that bad.
ZFR: But this way, whoever is tied can just quickly publish any rubbish just before Day is over.
I never said there weren't any drawbacks. Still, whoever posts a long diatribe just to escape lynch will be judged accordingly the next Day by the remaining players. So if one is gonna game the word count they'd better post useful info.

And imagine that someone was lurking the whole Day and suddenly started spouting gibberish just to escape the lynch. I'd feel justified in moving my vote to them right there as punishment.

The major drawback I see is that this system is a bit too rewarding for GH who posts a lot of game unrelated stuff like his roleplay.
ZFR: For me, best tie-breaker is whoever-reached-that-number-first.

But this way, whoever is tied can just quickly publish any rubbish just before Day is over.
joppo: I never said there weren't any drawbacks. Still, whoever posts a long diatribe just to escape lynch will be judged accordingly the next Day by the remaining players.
For me such action is NAI. I'd do anything to escape lynch regardless of my alignment.
joppo: I never said there weren't any drawbacks. Still, whoever posts a long diatribe just to escape lynch will be judged accordingly the next Day by the remaining players.
ZFR: For me such action is NAI. I'd do anything to escape lynch regardless of my alignment.
I agree. One thing a town player can be sure of is their townness. Therefore literally anyone else has a higher chance of being scum from that perspective.
ZFR: For me such action is NAI. I'd do anything to escape lynch regardless of my alignment.
my name is supyreor catte: I agree. One thing a town player can be sure of is their townness. Therefore literally anyone else has a higher chance of being scum from that perspective.
Exactly.
If you come online 10 mins before deadline and find yourself tied at the lead with someone else. You can break the tie by voting for your opponent. Wouldn't you change your vote and vote them to save yourself, no matter how you read them. Would it be held against you for doing so? I know I'd do it: I'm Town. So better somone else on the chance they're scum.
If saving yourself by breaking the tie through a vote change is OK, than I don't see why saving yourself through a quick-wall-text-post is not OK.

Heck, the only way I wouldn't save myself is if I'm Mafia, and the other person is a more useful Mafioso, like a strongarm. As Town, I can't be sure how useful the other person is.

----------

Anyway, here is another method for tiebreaking. random.org but... do it pre-tie.

What this means is at the start of the Day, the mod uses random.org to list the players with regards to lynch priority in case of tie.
This way it's still random.org, but everyone knows beforehand who'll be lynched in case of tie. So players have to take responsibility for their votes and can't say "well I voted but there was a 50% chance he wouldn't have been lynched."
ZFR: Anyway, here is another method for tiebreaking. random.org but... do it pre-tie.

What this means is at the start of the Day, the mod uses random.org to list the players with regards to lynch priority in case of tie.
This way it's still random.org, but everyone knows beforehand who'll be lynched in case of tie. So players have to take responsibility for their votes and can't say "well I voted but there was a 50% chance he wouldn't have been lynched."
Ooo, I like that. It takes the random out of random.
ZFR: What this means is at the start of the Day, the mod uses random.org to list the players with regards to lynch priority in case of tie.
If it's done before the game begins it doesn't need to be random! The mod can list their players in order of preference to establish lynch priority, then send out the roles.
Or alphabetical. First gets lynched first.
I see I see I see
Attachments:
5jj14s.jpg (57 Kb)