It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wonder if perhaps separate thread full of these lovely bumps could come handy.
ZFR: Thank you Google, you're really helpful.
Nothing wrong with that.
It's more than 12 years apart. Of course new scientific discoveries were made during that time and opinion on that matter changed.
Post edited August 10, 2021 by Cadaver747
bump please
I would like to pose a question for discussion.

Which is preferable;
A) A Night Zero with all roles able to do their thing as well as a Night Kill ??
2] Day One starts as usual with RVS and then randomish lynch End of Day like usual ??
flubbucket: I would like to pose a question for discussion.

Which is preferable;
A) A Night Zero with all roles able to do their thing as well as a Night Kill ??
2] Day One starts as usual with RVS and then randomish lynch End of Day like usual ??
It bothers me you mixed letters and numbers.

I'd say I prefer A, but that way I never get to play.

Still, A it is for me.
2) is The Correct Way.

I have no experience of A), so I can say with absolute certainty that it is inexcusably dissatisfying and joyless.
Alternatively, 2 with a very short D1
I really liked that one game cristi ran where we had something substantial to talk about D1 (pairings that couldn't be scum together). There must be more ideas like that which wouldn't substantially alter the game, but still provide a better start to it all.

N0 NK would be too frustrating to its target, and not actually provide town with much information, except if you go tracker/watcher heavy, but even then: PRs would have to pretend to not have information, so it'd be just as much RVS as before.
gogtrial34987: I really liked that one game cristi ran where we had something substantial to talk about D1 (pairings that couldn't be scum together). There must be more ideas like that which wouldn't substantially alter the game, but still provide a better start to it all.
agentcarr hosted a game where Mafia choose a role first, then Town choose 2 roles.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_60_hmss_spectator/page1
100 years of RVS!
I prefer long N0 where nobody can do any action and just have to sit around and wait. The Night ends in random moment and then the following Day only lasts 2 hours.
low rated

Which is preferable;
A sounds a bit unfair for the unlucky NK, so i'd go with 2 with one caveat: highest wagon is the lynch is no one gets the required number of votes.
Vitek: I prefer long N0 where nobody can do any action and just have to sit around and wait. The Night ends in random moment and then the following Day only lasts 2 hours.
Ooo, sounds like a flash sale. Add in "Majority lynch" for extra fun!

Which is preferable;
GamezRanker: A sounds a bit unfair for the unlucky NK, so i'd go with 2 with one caveat: highest wagon is the lynch is no one gets the required number of votes.
If ti wasn't for the poor unlucky sod dispatched before doing anything I'd be perfectly ok with A. Since that isn't the case 2) is better.

I agree with highest wagon lynch, in fact it should be the default. I'd also include that in case of wagons tied at the time of EoD there needs to be something to untie them and pick one lucky soul who will be sent to join the observer thread early. Simplest solution is random.org , but it could even be based on some other metric.
For example word count during [that Day / the whole game] for each lynch candidate (punishes lurkers, so it is a incentive for those players to post more). It would be a bit of extra work for the mod, but with the right tools it wouldn't be that bad.
Post edited August 13, 2021 by joppo