It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm next for hosting :)

I've got a lot on my plate to deal with, so the game might start within the next five days. When exactly is not something I know, it depends on how free I am to set up the sign up thread...with flavor.

I have already mentioned when I signed up that the game I host will be Secret Hitler. I'll give you guys one more piece of info before I open the thread: it's going to be a loose "sequel" to zeogold's film themed one.
PookaMustard: I'm next for hosting
Well THAT is the perfect way to avoid being read as scum! ;-)
PookaMustard: I'm next for hosting :)

I've got a lot on my plate to deal with, so the game might start within the next five days. When exactly is not something I know, it depends on how free I am to set up the sign up thread...with flavor.

I have already mentioned when I signed up that the game I host will be Secret Hitler. I'll give you guys one more piece of info before I open the thread: it's going to be a loose "sequel" to zeogold's film themed one.
Might want to wait to start until after Christmas, or you're liable to wind up with a dead zone right near the start of your game.
PookaMustard: I'm next for hosting :)

Bookwyrm627: Might want to wait to start until after Christmas, or you're liable to wind up with a dead zone right near the start of your game.
Actually a good idea. Especially because dead zones make me anxious ("did I mess up?"). Though I'd like to wait and hear what others say about this. If we all agree, the sign up thread will show up after Christmas by a day or two.

@All do you want to start after Christmas or earlier?
I would suggest: make the signup thread soon, but have the game start only after Christmas or even new year. A long signup period may even help to get a few more players.
Lifthrasil: I would suggest: make the signup thread soon, but have the game start only after Christmas or even new year. A long signup period may even help to get a few more players.
This is a good idea. Sign ups now are fine (just make sure you confirm them before game start if they are up for a while), but delay the game until there aren't expected interruptions.
I was initially opposed to making the sign up thread now because a long delay before the game starts means some if not a lot of the players might eventually lose interest in the game or worse, forget there was a game to begin with. Maybe I should put a "Begin Date" in the thread in all capitals and all bold.
If this is Secret Hitler, Christmas won't be a problem. There are no end-day deadlines. I mean in Mafia if you're absent you could come back only to find out a lynch has occured without you. Or a no-lynch occured because time ran out. Or night ended before you submitted your action.
In SH none of this is an issue. If you're absent, then everyone has to wait for your vote anyway, and if it's Christmas they'll understand.

Just make the "you must post every x hours" rule not apply on Christmas 24-26th December and maybe New Year.

I say start the sign up thread and game ASAP while letting people know it might be a bit less active during Christmas. See what response you get. If too many people can't join at all during this time period then just postpone it.
I want to play. Next week is good, Christmas week is horrid for playtime, the week after is good, New Years Eve & Day is bad.
Also, my free month of origin access is this month and I've been using it to test games (essentially making sure the thing works, playing an hour, and then uninstalling). This runs out on the 30th, but I would definitely make time for this.
Make the sign up and sign me up!

I like ZFR's point about how long delays don't matter so much in the game. I wouldn't mind a relaxed, slow start to the game.

Bear in mind the last two secret hitler games I played I went FLIPPIN MENTAL so that should be fun for everybody to look forward to.
I’d signup just so I could shoot ZFR again ;-)
trentonlf: I’d signup just so I could shoot ZFR again ;-)
If we're gonna repeat history, I'd like to investigate blotunga again! But if blotunga signs up to this game, then I would already know his alignment :(
Microfish_1: I want to play. Next week is good, Christmas week is horrid for playtime, the week after is good, New Years Eve & Day is bad.
Also, my free month of origin access is this month and I've been using it to test games (essentially making sure the thing works, playing an hour, and then uninstalling). This runs out on the 30th, but I would definitely make time for this.
Would you be OK if the game went on Vacation Mode during 24-26 Dec and 31 Dec - 1 Jan?
Post edited December 12, 2019 by PookaMustard
trentonlf: I’d signup just so I could shoot ZFR again ;-)
It all happens in one day, so it would be his 4th Day 1 death in a row! How exciting!
O’mighty gogfather please add me back to the hosting list!
Since this will be a Secret Hitler game, I will have about a 50% chance of being Fascist and a 30% chance of being Hitler. ;-)