It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Microfish_1: Openings closed, no one responded, much sadness ensued.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

lololololol
If it's any consolation: It's not because I hate you, it's because I hate chatrooms.

The fact that I hate you is completely irrelevant.

lololololol
Cant you send anyone from discord over this way?
SirPrimalform: If it's any consolation: It's not because I hate you, it's because I hate chatrooms.

The fact that I hate you is completely irrelevant.

lololololol
Lol and much sadness, ok. :D

I don't hate yoooou.
Microfish_1: Lol and much sadness, ok. :D

I don't hate yoooou.
(i dun relly haet u)
:-D
SirPrimalform: (i dun relly haet u)
Were you bitten by Fairfox and were infected with that kind of language?
Lifthrasil: Were you bitten by Fairfox and were infected with that kind of language?
I was the one who bit Fairfox.
trentonlf: It has been a hectic year with illness in the family, but things will be okay in the end. My daughter has had some recent scans and blood work done and thankfully everything came back good so hopefully she will be cancer free from now on.

For my mom it's sadly to the point that she will probably pass in the next couple of weeks. We will enjoy the time we have with her till then, and afterwards we will celebrate the life she had.
:(

I know where you are coming from and what you are going through. My own mother(an avid smoker and drinker due to family troubles with money/etc and genetics) passed not long ago due to Emphysema, kidney troubles, liver troubles, and some other issues which were found after she collapsed and had to go to the hospital sometime last year.

She was a kind woman and mother to the rest of my siblings and loved old tv/movies and had a great sense of humor. It was a sad time when she passed....especially for my father, who is trying his hardest to keep going through life day by day.

When it happened it reminded me of the fragility and shortness of life and the precious nature of the time we spend with those we love and cherish.

Here's to hoping you enjoy the time you have left with her and remember her fondly for the rest of your own life, and my thought and prayers are with you as well.
Discord is having a (probably quick) game of SH, DM me or Pooka if you aren't in that server and wish to take part, or hop on over if you already are in the server!
So while we're waiting for Joe's game, here is another idea I had:

While thinking about the flavour of my upcoming Harry Potter game, I had this idea. You know how they have this Priori Incantato or whatever the spell is called, which reveals the last spells cast by a wand? So I thought that spell could be used for flipping a dead player. Their alignment gets flipped normally, but instead of flipping their Role, the players will simply learn what spells that user has cast, if any (i.e. what actions they took).

This means players who haven't used actions yet will simply flip vanilla. Also stuff like x-shot won't be revealed. Also for example a JOAT won't flip JOAT but will simply show the action(s) they took, and if they took a single action only they might be mistaken for that class.

It would also mean that D1 lynch, barring a Day-action, will always flip vanilla.

Regarding passive (action-less) abilities like Godfather or bulletproof, it would be up to the mod to determine if they get flipped or not (in a way that's balanced). If the Godfatherness came from a spell cast prior to the game, it would be revealed, or the mod might decide the Godfatherness came not from a spell so the flip won't show it.

NOTE: I most probably *won't* be using this for my game since I already got a setup made, but it's just an idea I had.

Thoughts?

Also, were there any interesting games on GOG with a modified flipping mechanism? Either through the rules themselves, or through a role like a Janitor?
ZFR: Also, were there any interesting games on GOG with a modified flipping mechanism? Either through the rules themselves, or through a role like a Janitor?
OH! I think we've used a janitor before... hmmmm....

In this game I was a janitor, but I don't remember it actually coming to anything much.

Did flub do a game with no-card-flip? I didn't play in it but I think it got mentioned...
ZFR: Also, were there any interesting games on GOG with a modified flipping mechanism? Either through the rules themselves, or through a role like a Janitor?
Agent ran a No Flip game with a role similar to the Coroner. However, dead players had some ghost abilities; they weren't completely removed from the game.

I believe Flub's Milk game was no flips with a coroner.

The all mafia game had janitors and another flip-altering mechanism.
Bookwyrm627: The all mafia game had janitors and another flip-altering mechanism.
NVM, I'm thinking of coroner.
Post edited September 28, 2019 by bler144
Oops. Bump please for an EBWOP