It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EBWOP: a few double-spaced wordpad pages down, 6 more incoming. ;-D

all done, no more need for bump. Gnight.
Post edited August 06, 2019 by Microfish_1
SirPrimalform: They see a 105 page long thread called Mafia Administration and switch off,
I got reminded of this today. I think forum users' brains become trained to ignore threads with many pages. Just like they ignore STICKY threads.

We have a forum game running for almost 5 years now.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/guess_what_im_playing_forum_game/page1
Was very busy at the beginning, now fairly quiet, but we still get some action and once every couple of months a new face joins.

Today, I accidentally came across a new thread of exactly the same idea (down to the same reason it was brought up - users posting questions without specifying a game).
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/guess_the_game_text_edition
Started 3 weeks ago, it has got around 15 new users - same users who saw the old thread popping up regularly but missed it because it had 100+ pages.

It's an interesting phenomenon. If all traces of GOG Mafia disappear, and someone comes and starts a new thread about it, we'll probably get many new users.
Might be worthwhile starting a new admin thread, then. New users might be able to keep this alive.
*shrug* Doesn't hurt my feelings. The new thread can link a few key posts from the old thread, or does that associate too closely with "thread with too many pages"?
Bookwyrm627: *shrug* Doesn't hurt my feelings. The new thread can link a few key posts from the old thread, or does that associate too closely with "thread with too many pages"?
Where's the Gogfather when you need him?
I don't know if starting a new thread will work now...
nmillar: Where's the Gogfather when you need him?
Good question. I'm not sure who has the keys now. At one time several people had the details, but Joe said the last time he tried to log in he found the password had been changed... soooo...
Post edited August 07, 2019 by SirPrimalform
Sounds like a good idea. Lets try to open a new admin thread as soon as we can dig up the Gogfather.
Is someone offering to take over administration duties of forum mafia??
I don't think so. Do you ever join the games anymore? I do wish you would, if you don't.
Post edited August 08, 2019 by Microfish_1
TheGOGfather: Is someone offering to take over administration duties of forum mafia??
Not I... but it used to be a shared task anyway.
TheGOGfather: Is someone offering to take over administration duties of forum mafia??
I'd be willing to share the mantle.
I just had an awesome idea for the flavour of the next setting I will run. However, it will be a bit unpopular with some from the right-wing part of the US society. So it might attract some trolls (like Secret Hitler did, only from a different camp). Should I still go for it, when the time comes?
Lifthrasil: I just had an awesome idea for the flavour of the next setting I will run. However, it will be a bit unpopular with some from the right-wing part of the US society. So it might attract some trolls (like Secret Hitler did, only from a different camp). Should I still go for it, when the time comes?
What is it?
Lifthrasil: I just had an awesome idea for the flavour of the next setting I will run. However, it will be a bit unpopular with some from the right-wing part of the US society. So it might attract some trolls (like Secret Hitler did, only from a different camp). Should I still go for it, when the time comes?
Secret Batman!?