It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: With both votes going down simultaneously, as appears to be the fashion, the results will be messier. The reason it's less likely is really that doctor is likely to garner votes regardless.
ZFR: But it's going to be discuss+vote isn't it? Or just post our choices and that's it?
Up to the mod, I suppose. I was thinking of similar D0 games, like flub's, where the choices were made via PM without discussion.

It's certainly possible to let players chat it out and then vote, though...as mod I don't think I would.
ZFR: But it's going to be discuss+vote isn't it? Or just post our choices and that's it?
bler144: Up to the mod, I suppose. I was thinking of similar D0 games, like flub's, where the choices were made via PM without discussion.

It's certainly possible to let players chat it out and then vote, though...as mod I don't think I would.
Well if it's a secret PM to the mod, then you're right of course regarding the possibility of similar roles appearing. But I thought the whole point of the town choice in this setup was open discussion: the 2 scum pushing for roles that suit their choice without being obvious and later people trying to read who voted for what role to help determine who's scum. With WIFOM and all that.
bler144: Up to the mod, I suppose. I was thinking of similar D0 games, like flub's, where the choices were made via PM without discussion.

ZFR: Well if it's a secret PM to the mod, then you're right of course regarding the possibility of similar roles appearing. But I thought the whole point of the town choice in this setup was open discussion: the 2 scum pushing for roles that suit their choice without being obvious and later people trying to read who voted for what role to help determine who's scum. With WIFOM and all that.
Maybe. I dunno.

I think the danger there is 5 VT + 2PR : 1 goon + 1 PR is about as balanced as you're going to get. Maf have some ability to sway the PR vote but not much.

Giving town time to discuss/debate/solve in D0 I think is a bit unbalancing. But that's just, like my opinion, man.
ZFR: [...] preferably tracker over watcher.
Why? I think this guy makes a good point as to why Watcher > Tracker.
ZFR: [...] preferably tracker over watcher.
HypersomniacLive: Why? I think this guy makes a good point as to why Watcher > Tracker.
Sure. Nevertheless I think it's easier for a a player to pick someone he suspects of being a scum (to track) than to pick someone who might be a possible target (to watch).
ZFR: Sure. Nevertheless I think it's easier for a a player to pick someone he suspects of being a scum (to track) than to pick someone who might be a possible target (to watch).
I suspect if you actually tracked data on this, it probably wouldn't be correct in fact even though we "feel" like it would be. ;)

Plus, in a 2 maf setup, even if you could 100% assess who is maf D1, unless their partner is the D1 lynch, there's only a 50% chance they are taking the NK, further adjusted for the possibility they are ninja.
I don't know that this game (Mafia #60) is going to get off the ground, since it's been more than a week and we haven't hit seven players yet. What should be done?
agentcarr16: I don't know that this game (Mafia #60) is going to get off the ground, since it's been more than a week and we haven't hit seven players yet. What should be done?
I say wait... Sooner or later people will come back and join.

My signup last game took more than 3 weeks.
agentcarr16: I don't know that this game (Mafia #60) is going to get off the ground, since it's been more than a week and we haven't hit seven players yet. What should be done?
ZFR: I say wait... Sooner or later people will come back and join.

My signup last game took more than 3 weeks.
Good to know. I'll just leave it open.
agentcarr16: Good to know. I'll just leave it open.
You never know, I might be available to play by the time you get the other players! :P
ZFR: Sure. Nevertheless I think it's easier for a a player to pick someone he suspects of being a scum (to track) than to pick someone who might be a possible target (to watch).
Aside from what bler144 said, I'd say that who gets to be scum-read and who gets to be town-read, especially in (very) early game, depends on the player-list, plus who lands said PR. But even with the subjective factor taken into account, I still think Watcher > Tracker.
burp please in game 60
bump please! Something is wrong with my browser.
bump please.
super-duper long post incoming, i'd adore a few bumps please