It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: Thanks
Rule of thumb: If you want to make commentary about the game thread while the game is in progress, then either do it in the game thread, in the observer thread, or PM it to a mod, whichever is most appropriate.

I speak from some experience: it is easiest to make a habit of keeping to the rule. Trying to figure out what might and what might not affect the game state is hard. Players will read into all sorts of things.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm not mad or anything. I'm trying to help you not make some of the mistakes I've made. I'm not sure if that is coming through the text.
Post edited June 26, 2019 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: Edit: And to be clear, I'm not mad or anything. I'm trying to help you not make some of the mistakes I've made. I'm not sure if that is coming through the text.
At first I thought you were mad, but that's just cause I was confusing you with Bookvvyrm762. That guy's psycho!
Bookwyrm627: Edit: And to be clear, I'm not mad or anything. I'm trying to help you not make some of the mistakes I've made. I'm not sure if that is coming through the text.
JoeSapphire: At first I thought you were mad, but that's just cause I was confusing you with Bookvvyrm762. That guy's psycho!
Agreed. He's like a freaking zombie, too; I keep trying to kill him but he doesn't stay down!
Bookwyrm627: Rule of thumb: If you want to make commentary about the game thread while the game is in progress, then either do it in the game thread, in the observer thread, or PM it to a mod, whichever is most appropriate.

I speak from some experience: it is easiest to make a habit of keeping to the rule. Trying to figure out what might and what might not affect the game state is hard. Players will read into all sorts of things.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm not mad or anything. I'm trying to help you not make some of the mistakes I've made. I'm not sure if that is coming through the text.
It's OK! I understand the rules of Mafia (and the little rules of thumb like this one) are to ensure the games are fair. So don't worry, I didn't take the reminder personally.
Bookwyrm627: Agreed. He's like a freaking zombie, too; I keep trying to kill him but he doesn't stay down!
Have you tried pushing him up? Because you keep trying to push him down, but he pops up; so if you push him up, he might pop down again?
bump please
Post edited June 27, 2019 by Microfish_1
Microfish_1: Have you tried pushing him up? Because you keep trying to push him down, but he pops up; so if you push him up, he might pop down again?
And raise him above his station? No thanks!
Microfish_1: Thank you for the news. Please do not feel bad about me being concerned. I'm concerned because I like you, we're friends, and I care about my friends. :D
(So there. :-P ) I will choose not to worry about you, but I can still care about you without worrying.

I am very glad that things are better to the degree that they are, and I hope that a cause (& thus a long-term fix) can be found soon!
(*^-‘) 乃 and thanks.
BUMP PLEASE! SCREW DINNER :D
Bookwyrm627: Who has two thumbs and breaks mod rules? Not this guy!
Because ZFR cut one of them off, right?
Bookwyrm627: Who has two thumbs and breaks mod rules? Not this guy!
SirPrimalform: Because ZFR cut one of them off, right?
I have been advised that if I know what's good for me, I'll say "No comment".
Bookwyrm627: I have been advised that if I know what's good for me, I'll say "No comment".
And yet you didn't *just* say "No comment". There goes the other one!
New page bug test
Bookwyrm627: I have been advised that if I know what's good for me, I'll say "No comment".
SirPrimalform: And yet you didn't *just* say "No comment". There goes the other one!
No comment! NO COMMENT,

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Post edited July 01, 2019 by Bookwyrm627
Alright, I was thinking about doing it for a while but never brought myself to that end.

I would like to host a game of Secret Hitler.

If anyone's wondering about fitting Rule #1, I played in the second SH game on-site, played the two following Mafia games and I'm playing in the ongoing one.

You can say I pretty much fell in love with social deduction games once I've swapped places with Carr in the second SH game. You can blame zeogold for that too.
PookaMustard: Alright, I was thinking about doing it for a while but never brought myself to that end.

I would like to host a game of Secret Hitler.

If anyone's wondering about fitting Rule #1, I played in the second SH game on-site, played the two following Mafia games and I'm playing in the ongoing one.

You can say I pretty much fell in love with social deduction games once I've swapped places with Carr in the second SH game. You can blame zeogold for that too.
You'll need to join the hosting list (this request should be sufficient for that), so be aware that it may be a month or two before your turn to host comes up (I'm on mobile at the moment, so not sure how long the list is right now).
Bookwyrm627: You'll need to join the hosting list (this request should be sufficient for that), so be aware that it may be a month or two before your turn to host comes up (I'm on mobile at the moment, so not sure how long the list is right now).
Hosting list looks like this

1. ZFR
2. agentcarr16
3. Vitek (flubbucket)
4. Lifthrasil
5. trentonlf
6. JoeSapphire

If it's ZFR's turn, then next would be agentcarr followed by ... until JoeSapphire. I expect five months at that. Hopefully my activity won't tank until then, as...I'm looking for a job right now. But things shouldn't be too bad.