It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: ..............

!!! fake giveaway!!!
Not in.

But fake +1 for the fake giveaway!
Even better, let's make an actual giveaway thread and then disguise it as a sign up thread for Mafia game #7000 or something. None of those lame non-mafia-players will get anything, mbwahahaha.
SirPrimalform: Even better, let's make an actual giveaway thread and then disguise it as a sign up thread for Mafia game #7000 or something. None of those lame non-mafia-players will get anything, mbwahahaha.
We disguised it as an admin thread.
ZFR: I see now.

Isn't Mafia underpowered? They get 2 out of 10 and on top of that Town has 1 Vig.
Additionally to what SirPrimalform and bler144 said, mafia has 24/7 scum chat in all of these setups.
And they play them with very short Day phases (12-36hrs max), so town doesn't have all that much time to figure things out in a relatively reliable way.

flubbucket: I, HypersomniacLive, being a smart feller and a fart smeller do hereby insert myself into the moderator queue by way of brute force.

Reading is soooo easy.
Well, that was a waste.

*takes points back*

But +1 for the smarty-farty word play, made me smile.
yogsloth: ~ ping ~
In case you are allowed to talk about it - I checked out the setup used in the Championship, and saw that Trackers have also the Strongman modifier.

I haven't read any of the games that took place so far, so I was wondering - is it correct to assume that if town rolls the role, said modifier is of no use? And does it mean that when a mafia player gets the role, they can act as the Tracker and execute the factional kill with the modifier during the same Night? Or are these used during different Nights?

If you can't answer, are these details explained somewhere I could read up?

Also, do you know when your game's up?
HypersomniacLive: In case you are allowed to talk about it - I checked out the setup used in the Championship, and saw that Trackers have also the Strongman modifier.

I haven't read any of the games that took place so far, so I was wondering - is it correct to assume that if town rolls the role, said modifier is of no use?
I haven't looked at the setup, but if there's a RB or jailer "strongman tracker" would still presumably be able to roll out.
HypersomniacLive: In case you are allowed to talk about it - I checked out the setup used in the Championship, and saw that Trackers have also the Strongman modifier.

I haven't read any of the games that took place so far, so I was wondering - is it correct to assume that if town rolls the role, said modifier is of no use? And does it mean that when a mafia player gets the role, they can act as the Tracker and execute the factional kill with the modifier during the same Night? Or are these used during different Nights?

If you can't answer, are these details explained somewhere I could read up?

Also, do you know when your game's up?
Hi HSL!

Yeah, a townie with a "strongman" modifier is what I like to call "as useful as tits on a mule". I haven't really followed any of the other champs games thus far, but I'm expecting a cluster(bleep) with all the ridiculous permutations of possible roles... AND the fact that the flips will be role-less!

On MU , the factional kill is always a separate action from a role action, so one mafioso can go two places at once if he wants to.

There's a reasonable enough primer inside the launch posts of each qualifier game.

And mine starts on Monday!!!

So if you guys want to spectate or talk about it, you'll have to open up a QT thread to do it, because of course I go into information blackout for as long as the game is active, whether I'm alive or dead.

As a teaser, just so you fellas know, my game is regarded as ridiculously stacked, as there are quite a few top players in it all at once. I expect to be middle-of-the-pack at best in terms of basic ability in this bunch.

Pray for me that i roll wolf, ahahahhah!
yogsloth: ...........

I'm always praying for you.
yogsloth: ...........

flubbucket: I'm always praying for you.
it's not working
flubbucket: I'm always praying for you.
yogsloth: it's not working
You don't know what he's praying for. Maybe it is.
yogsloth: it's not working
ZFR: You don't know what he's praying for. Maybe it is.
I suppose that might explain the scabies
yogsloth: Hi HSL!

[...]

And mine starts on Monday!!!

[...]

Hey yogsloth, thanks for the reply, and the heads up.

And after doing a bit more reading on the setup, and checking the summary of the completed games, I'm definitely keeping all my digits crossed you roll mafia, and win.

We'll be rooting for you. Best of luck, though I'm sure you're going to do fine.

bler144: I haven't looked at the setup, but if there's a RB or jailer "strongman tracker" would still presumably be able to roll out.
Initially, I too thought this might be the case/intent, but I did some more checking/reading on the setup, and the Strongman modifier applies only to mafia kills, and was added for better balance (there were complains that the initial setup was too town-sided).
For those interested in following yogsloth's progress in the Championship Game on MU:

You can find the game here.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by TheGOGfather
TheGOGfather: A quicktopic can be found here.
Pro-tip: A QT isn't private if the link is posted publicaly. ;)
TheGOGfather: A quicktopic can be found here.
Bookwyrm627: Pro-tip: A QT isn't private if the link is posted publicaly. ;)
They publicly posted the QT on MU as well