It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Woah, it shows up just fine. Did GOG fix that bug?
You're right! I always assumed it was a deliberate thing, as a sort of user-driven light spam filter. The idea being that if a post is low rated then it doesn't show new posts, making it less likely to be bumped and more likely to drop off the front page.

I guess it was a bug then... which would mean GOG has actually fixed a forum bug. Should we throw a party or something?
SirPrimalform: I guess it was a bug then... which would mean GOG has actually fixed a forum bug.
Probably by accident.
ZFR: Probably by accident.
Let's not pass up the opportunity to throw a forum party.
ZFR: Woah, it shows up just fine. Did GOG fix that bug?
ZFR: Probably by accident.
A bug that greyed out posts, even if they got new posts, reared its head a few months back - related discussion starting here. The fix that came a few days later introduced this side-effect.
I've been checking out some games on MU, and they regularly run setups like Tracker/Vigilante 9er - 9 players, 2 mafia and 7 town, of which 6 VTs and 1 Tracker or Vigilante.

I think they're nice setups, and they don't require a very large number of people to partake. Which might also help with getting fresh blood sucked in.

Would the mafia peeps here be interested in trying them out sometime?
HypersomniacLive: Would the mafia peeps here be interested in trying them out sometime?
I'm always interested.

The choice between Tracker or Vigilante is done by player or mod?
Post edited June 03, 2019 by ZFR
HypersomniacLive: .................

Would the mafia peeps here be interested in trying them out sometime?
This reads: I, HypersomniacLive, being of tortured mind and body do hereby offer myself as future game moderator.
flubbucket: This reads: I, HypersomniacLive, being of tortured mind and body do hereby offer myself as future game moderator.
Heh.

*transfers some points to flubbucket's reading comprehension skill tree*

There, try again now.

ZFR: I'm always interested.

Actually, I messed up there. They're different/separate open setups, so no choosing by players; sorry about the confusion. Let me try again:
- Tracker 9er: 9 players, 2 mafia and 7 town - 6 VTs and 1 Tracker.
- Vigilante 10er: 10 players, 2 mafia and 8 town - 7 VTs and 1 Vigilante.

They're also running setups like Cop 9er or Cop 13er:
- Cop 9er: 9 players, 2 mafia and 7 town - 6 VTs and 1 (Alignment) Cop.
- Cop 13er: 13 players, 3 mafia goons and 10 town - 9 VTs and 1 (Alignment) Cop.

In these setups, it's up to the mod if the Cop gets a random town result N0, but it's known at game start (possibly even during sign-ups, but I haven't looked into them).
I see now.

HypersomniacLive: - Vigilante 10er: 10 players, 2 mafia and 8 town - 7 VTs and 1 Vigilante.
Isn't Mafia underpowered? They get 2 out of 10 and on top of that Town has 1 Vig.
ZFR: I see now.

Isn't Mafia underpowered? They get 2 out of 10 and on top of that Town has 1 Vig.
To me the rest of the town being Ready Salted seems to make up for it though.
flubbucket: This reads: I, HypersomniacLive, being of tortured mind and body do hereby offer myself as future game moderator.
HypersomniacLive: Heh.

*transfers some points to flubbucket's reading comprehension skill tree*

There, try again now.

ZFR: I'm always interested.

HypersomniacLive: Actually, I messed up there. They're different/separate open setups, so no choosing by players; sorry about the confusion. Let me try again:
- Tracker 9er: 9 players, 2 mafia and 7 town - 6 VTs and 1 Tracker.
- Vigilante 10er: 10 players, 2 mafia and 8 town - 7 VTs and 1 Vigilante.

They're also running setups like Cop 9er or Cop 13er:
- Cop 9er: 9 players, 2 mafia and 7 town - 6 VTs and 1 (Alignment) Cop.
- Cop 13er: 13 players, 3 mafia goons and 10 town - 9 VTs and 1 (Alignment) Cop.

In these setups, it's up to the mod if the Cop gets a random town result N0, but it's known at game start (possibly even during sign-ups, but I haven't looked into them).
I, HypersomniacLive, being a smart feller and a fart smeller do hereby insert myself into the moderator queue by way of brute force.

Reading is soooo easy.
SirPrimalform: I'm not sure that promising naked women was the right approach, tends to breed resentment.
And it's gone. Had a mod edit it out.

I think you're right. It just put the whole thing in bad light. A new user who sees a "low rated" post asking to join something will probably be hesitant to do so.
Post edited June 04, 2019 by ZFR
ZFR: And it's gone. Had a mod edit it out.

I think you're right. It just put the whole thing in bad light. A new user who sees a "low rated" post asking to join something will probably be hesitant to do so.
The original title lives on in the URL, we can look upon it fondly and remember the good times.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by SirPrimalform
ZFR: I see now.

HypersomniacLive: - Vigilante 10er: 10 players, 2 mafia and 8 town - 7 VTs and 1 Vigilante.
ZFR: Isn't Mafia underpowered? They get 2 out of 10 and on top of that Town has 1 Vig.
There's no investigative or protective role, and vig is as likely to harm as help.

It can also be harder in some ways to gauge the interactions of wolves towards each other if there's only 2 towards finding the last wolf. It's a bit more reliant on luck and pure wolf-hunting than looking at wagons and relationships.

They're a little underpowered overall, but town vig is super swingy.

TLDR, it's a lot more balanced than a lot of the setups people run around here ;)
SirPrimalform: I'm not sure that promising naked women was the right approach, tends to breed resentment.
ZFR: And it's gone. Had a mod edit it out.

How can we make a title that attracts as much attention, but doesn't offend sensibilities?.. hmmm...

!!! fake giveaway!!!