It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: I'm just thinking back to the first mafia games on GOG, almost all of us were newbies and I don't think they had that much trouble filling the game. I do wonder if the way we all run things nowadays is a bit off putting to newbies. They see a 105 page long thread called Mafia Administration and switch off, I can't imagine the the high game numbers help either (i.e. game #59). Putting myself back in my younger self's shoes, I'm sure I wouldn't have joined so carelessly if my first game was game #59 and the admin thread had 105 pages (there was no admin thread back then obviously).

Maybe we should think about missing game numbers out of the signup threads? I know we have instructions and tutorials in the first few posts of the admin thread, but I doubt many potential newbies see that 105 page colossus and think "That looks like a fun game that'll be pretty easy to get into!".
You're right. Maybe we should organise a recruiting campaign every now and then. A thread without even Mafia in the title.
ZFR: You're right. Maybe we should organise a recruiting campaign every now and then. A thread without even Mafia in the title.
The GOGfather needs YOU!

And then as soon as they click, the trap springs!
ZFR: You're right. Maybe we should organise a recruiting campaign every now and then. A thread without even Mafia in the title.
SirPrimalform: The GOGfather needs YOU!

Think about it. If each of the active players brings three of his/her friends on board, we'll be playing 50-player games in no time.
SirPrimalform: The GOGfather needs YOU!

ZFR: Think about it. If each of the active players brings three of his/her friends on board, we'll be playing 50-player games in no time.
Doesn't that require me to have 3 friends?
I think this will work.
Attachments:
Post edited May 27, 2019 by SirPrimalform
ZFR: Think about it. If each of the active players brings three of his/her friends on board, we'll be playing 50-player games in no time.
If I had any friends I wouldn't have wasted my time with all of yous!!

JK

i cri evrytiem...
Bookwyrm627: Doesn't that require me to have 3 friends?
Speaking of 3, the current signup game setup might generate 3 Vigilantes. And a serial killer on top of that. Just saying.
Post edited June 01, 2019 by ZFR
SirPrimalform: I think this will work.
OK. I used it in my recruitment thread.

Made sure not to use Mafia or game number in the title. Wouldn't want to scare off people.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by ZFR
If any mafia peeps missed the free Obduction, let me know, and I'll give you my extra one.
ZFR: OK. I used it in my recruitment thread.

Made sure not to use Mafia or game number in the title. Wouldn't want to scare off people.
Excellent, they'll never suspect a thing until it's too late. It's unwise to turn down the gogfather.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by SirPrimalform
ZFR: OK. I used it in my recruitment thread.

SirPrimalform: Excellent, they'll never suspect a thing until it's too late. It's unwise to turn down the gogfather.
Any minute now...
ZFR: Any minute now...
I'm not sure that promising naked women was the right approach, tends to breed resentment. I think physical threats would have been best.

The bait and switch has lead to your post being low rated, which means it looks like it has no new posts even to someone who has never clicked on it. That won't be doing it any favours. Me and the other Sirs have just tried high rating it to pull it out of the red but it doesn't seem to be enough.

EDIT: And now a spam wave has just appeared I wonder if your thread will get deleted lost amongst them?
Post edited June 02, 2019 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: I'm not sure that promising naked women was the right approach, tends to breed resentment. I think physical threats would have been best.
But... but... I thought we're going with strip Mafia and all that...

SirPrimalform: EDIT: And now a spam wave has just appeared I wonder if your thread will get deleted lost amongst them?
Wow That guy deals in everything. From love potions to quick loans to illuminati and medical supplies.
ZFR: But... but... I thought we're going with strip Mafia and all that...
Totally, I'm just not sure if any of the players who've already signed up are women.
SirPrimalform: which means it looks like it has no new posts even to someone who has never clicked on it.
Woah, it shows up just fine. Did GOG fix that bug?