It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A replacement has been asked in game #51. Looking for volunteers.
For the Greater Good of course.
I hear that Bler wanted in on this party.
JMich: A replacement has been asked in game #51. Looking for volunteers.
For the Greater Good of course.
requested to be cosidered as a replacement via chat, for the greater good. (watched the movie as preparation, too ;)
mchack: requested to be cosidered as a replacement via chat, for the greater good. (watched the movie as preparation, too ;)
Woo-hoo-hoo. I mean, The Greater Good.
Bookwyrm627: I hear that Bler wanted in on this party.
I do regret not being in on this party, but case in point as to why I can't, I'm not even seeing your message for over 24 hours.

Life's a bit insane atm.
I'll be the living statute - making posts in the thread that don't say anything.
I am so sorry I had to drop out of the game. It was not fair to the players and game to stay in. I did not have the time to get on and read everyday. I am missing out on a fun game, from what I can see in my skim a few min ago. Life has to come first some time. We are moving Oct 27th. So things have been so busy with packing and getting organized. I am very sorry again. I hope I didnt hurt the game. =(
I have restrained myself from posting: Im sorry in the game. I hope everyone sees it here
Post edited September 26, 2017 by Sage103082
Sage103082: I am so sorry I had to drop out of the game. It was not fair to the players and game to stay in. I did not have the time to get on and read everyday. I am missing out on a fun game, from what I can see in my skim a few min ago. Life has to come first some time. We are moving Oct 27th. So things have been so busy with packing and getting organized. I am very sorry again. I hope I didnt hurt the game. =(
I have restrained myself from posting: Im sorry in the game. I hope everyone sees it here
Don't worry about it, you're fine. As you say, life comes first. If you can't afford the extra time/attention to devote to the game, then you did the right thing in subbing out.

Jumping topics: you're moving? Didn't you just recently move, or am I mixing that up with someone else? If you don't mind sharing, where are you off to?
Bookwyrm627: Jumping topics: you're moving? Didn't you just recently move, or am I mixing that up with someone else? If you don't mind sharing, where are you off to?
Yep I moved from Jersey to PA (hour and twenty min drive from where i was in nj) about a year ago and now we decided we want out of the town and more in the mountains so we put our house up for sale and it sold in the first week. Thankfully we found a home that fits exactly what we want. The people buying our place want to close on oct 27th. So a month from now ill be in a new house away from people. =) and the house we are buying only adds about 20 more min to my commute to jersey.
I worked with a guy who wanted to retire to the mountains up there. He said it was beautiful and remote.

Don't worry about the game, they have me.....the single most valuable asset in any mafia game. (or maybe it's asshole??)

Be well Kitten Tamer. See you next game.
Sage103082: ~A bunch of stuff one shouldn't ever worry about ~
There is no need for apologies, deal with the more important things now and you'll have enough time to play later. We're not going anywhere. I hope your new place brings you everything you want from it and then some. All the best and keep us posted on how it's going!
Don't sweat it, Sage103082; while it's fun playing with you and we're sad you had to step down, life always has to come first, not just some times. Be well, and do what you have to do.
As evidenced by the ongoing game, Day 1 doldrums are still a concern for many around here. So, I was daydreaming (again) about potential fixes. Let me know if you think this is too draconian (which may or may not be my goal :P).

I figure each Day will have a random, but escalating, chance of ending without prior notice (so no waiting until the last minute to vote). A formula for said randomized deadline probability might be as follows: (x-1)/6; where x is the number of real life days since the Day started. This would result in a Day of maximum length 7 (adjust to taste). In the event a Day end is called for, the hour could just be picked semi-randomly (based, primarily, on whenever the heck the moderator feels like it). Unless there was a majority vote to end the Day (voting for No Lynch would count here), then a player would be chosen at random to be lynched (AKA mod-killed).

There would be no posting or activity requirements at all. The players decide on a lynch, or have it decided for them at random. Play or die, essentially; I don't think any other regulation should be necessary.

What do you guys think? I think it might liven up the game a bit, and make people take action a little more early and often (for later Days, as well as the first). But, maybe I am mistaken, and perhaps this is a solution in need of a problem? Maybe it is too harsh, too potentially unbalancing, or too easily abused/exploited?

Note: I think ideas similar to this may have been tried, with limited success. I know the semi-random ending of Days was tried at least once (but, I think that had a little prior notice, in some form). I am not sure on the randomized mod-kill part though.
Krypsyn: There would be no posting or activity requirements at all. The players decide on a lynch, or have it decided for them at random. Play or die, essentially; I don't think any other regulation should be necessary.

What do you guys think? I think it might liven up the game a bit, and make people take action a little more early and often (for later Days, as well as the first). But, maybe I am mistaken, and perhaps this is a solution in need of a problem? Maybe it is too harsh, too potentially unbalancing, or too easily abused/exploited?

Note: I think ideas similar to this may have been tried, with limited success. I know the semi-random ending of Days was tried at least once (but, I think that had a little prior notice, in some form). I am not sure on the randomized mod-kill part though.
I think it has merit, but my preferred method is actually to do away with the connection between night actions and days.

Put NAs on a cycle. Say Scum get 1 NK every 7 days (like a cooldown) but Doctors can protect someone every day. Cops can only use their action say every 10 - 14 days (as I believe it's an overpowered ability).

That way town can dawdle all they want (and scum may actually try to keep the game slow) but the longer they wait to make lynches the more NKs will pile up.

But anything that forces people to act is a good thing in my book.
adaliabooks: Put NAs on a cycle. Say Scum get 1 NK every 7 days (like a cooldown) but Doctors can protect someone every day. Cops can only use their action say every 10 - 14 days (as I believe it's an overpowered ability).
Now, that sounds really cool. It adds some real-time strategy to the mix, which would suggest a bit more consistent player participation. It would require a bit more management on the part of the moderator, perhaps, but I don't think it would be too bad.

adaliabooks: But anything that forces people to act is a good thing in my book.
Days that would go for weeks, with the only real action occurring in the final 24 odd hours, always drove me nuts. Ways to turn up the heat, and add a little pressure, always appeal to me.