It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While the game setup is ready (and has been for quite some time), it's the flavor that is half done. I do have the basic framework sketched out, but XCOM 2 is currently taking all my free time, so I would appreciate some help for the final flavor touches.

I can put the sign up thread up, but 1) it's a 12 slot game and 2) I wouldn't be able to start it until at least Wednesday.

So I'll wait to see if there are any other assistant mod applications, put the sign up thread on Tuesday, and probably start the game on Monday. How does that sound to all you?
JMich: snip
What exactly is entailed in this assistant mod business? I'm around a lot so I can help I guess, also with flavor if you want I can probably contribute, but please don't expect a lot of judgement calls from me unless given explicit guidelines.
Brasas: What exactly is entailed in this assistant mod business?
Providing vote counts when needed, prodding inactive people, seeing if an edit was intentional or a double post and maybe answering any questions in the thread. More or less what the mod does as well, though final call is up to the one running the game,

Basic need for an assistant mod is to cover the thread when the one running the game is sleeping and/or afk, though I also want a bit of flavor help.
JMich: snip
I'm fine to help with post counts, prods and flavor. Answering questions on rules will depend on guidelines you provide. Catching a double post is like lightining in a bottle luck... And my being in Europe you'll probably be more interested in someone in the US West Coast...

Whatevs, I volunteer, let me know if you want me at your convenience.
You're probably better off with an American (or Canadian) for timezone stuff, but I'm happy to assist too.
JMich: ...
One question still bugs me, what was all this dodging and mis-direction about your posting restriction about? Vitek explicitely said, he wouldn't enforce your restriction in the signup thread. Why pretend that he would enforce it? Had he added another restriction which he then would enforce?
TheGOGfather: ...
Could you add me to the list of mods again? I'm afraid I'm better at running these games then I am at playing them.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: One question still bugs me, what was all this dodging and mis-direction about your posting restriction about? Vitek explicitely said, he wouldn't enforce your restriction in the signup thread. Why pretend that he would enforce it? Had he added another restriction which he then would enforce?
Discussed in observer thread, post 136.
I did have the posting restriction of having to vote every post (even if it was self imposed), and Vitek would go hard on anyone breaking any of the restrictions (we all have posting restrictions in mafia games, you are aware of that, right?). So no, I wouldn't make a post without voting for someone.
Lifthrasil: One question still bugs me, what was all this dodging and mis-direction about your posting restriction about? Vitek explicitely said, he wouldn't enforce your restriction in the signup thread. Why pretend that he would enforce it? Had he added another restriction which he then would enforce?
JMich: Discussed in observer thread, post 136.
I did have the posting restriction of having to vote every post (even if it was self imposed), and Vitek would go hard on anyone breaking any of the restrictions (we all have posting restrictions in mafia games, you are aware of that, right?). So no, I wouldn't make a post without voting for someone.
I'd wondered if he'd thrown that in your PM. I could see him doing it and then not saying whether he'd enforce it (though I'd figure he wouldn't). You just assume he will, to be safe, and everything is per the sign up thread and no lies are told.

I can assist mod, if no one other American wants to, though I would also enjoy experiencing it first hand. We could always see how sign up goes, and if it fills I'll help cover you. I'm East coast, but we should mostly have it covered.
JMich: Discussed in observer thread, post 136.
I did have the posting restriction of having to vote every post (even if it was self imposed), and Vitek would go hard on anyone breaking any of the restrictions
...um. No. He wouldn't. He explicitly said so, publicly, that he would NOT enforce your restriction. That's what made it appear that you were lying. Because you directly contradicted something the mod said. Thereby you convinced me of your scumminess.
Lifthrasil: ...um. No. He wouldn't. He explicitly said so, publicly, that he would NOT enforce your restriction. That's what made it appear that you were lying. Because you directly contradicted something the mod said. Thereby you convinced me of your scumminess.
I never said he would punish me if I didn't vote in a post. I said he would punish anyone breaking a restriction. Assumptions and all that.

Oh well, I did have fun with said posting restriction though :)
Brasas: Whatevs, I volunteer, let me know if you want me at your convenience.
In order to moderate a Mafia game, you first have to have been a player in at least one game on GOG. (Post 2 in this thread, #1 under Hosting Rules)

Did you play a game and I forgot/missed it? If so, then apologies.

JMich: Assumptions and all that.
Quite. They can lead to Trackers getting quick-hammered in under 4 minutes...
Brasas: Whatevs, I volunteer, let me know if you want me at your convenience.
Krypsyn: In order to moderate a Mafia game, you first have to have been a player in at least one game on GOG. (Post 2 in this thread, #1 under Hosting Rules)

Did you play a game and I forgot/missed it? If so, then apologies.

snip
Heh

How nice... I get the credit for volunteering and don't need to do anything due to a technicality.
I enjoyed the last game a lot and would be happy to participate more if time permits. However, I might miss the next sign-up and if I got it right, it's possible to get notified? Could you add me to the list please?
Dessimu: Could you add me to the list please?
Done.
TheGOGfather: Done.
Thank you!