It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I heard THIS is a thing.

So go, visit it and sign up.
You won't regret it. (OK, you most likely will)
All notifications sent.
agentcarr16: ...
Yes, as in biological brothers...
Actually...

agentcarr16: However, during the most recent game, #34, Leonard managed to get a glimpse at my laptop screen while he was sneaking around the house, and he noticed who my partner-in-assassin-ry was. Well, that sorta messed things up, so that's why I ended up NKing him as the simplest solution.
Riiiight, I had to be so sneaky, what with the laptop being on the dining room table in the centre of the house.

adaliabooks: That's not technically true..
You night killed him because in a totally unrelated coincidence Hunter used his Blackmail power to force you to do so (which really nicely tied up a loose end for the mods)
Wait, what? Ok then... I was dead twice over.

agentcarr16: Leonard03 and I are brothers.
trentonlf: I'm going to guess that you are the older one?
How exactly am I supposed to take this?
Also, it's funny because in RL usually people think I'm older.

zeogold: Whoa, now!
Plot twist!
Which one of you has the better sense of style?
agentcarr16: Me. Definitely. Notice the hat.
The mafia game is over, you can stop lying now. :P

bler144: We've hijacked the admin thread a bit, but the takeaway is that, for future games, everybody should at least be aware the two are brothers.

Now...other than hoping neither of them forgets and leaves a laptop open with the QT up in a public space or deliberately tries to hack the other's computer, is there much a mod or other players can do?

Probably not much. If Leonard hadn't of said anything we wouldn't have known, and in this case it would have turned out to not have impacted gameplay in any case because of some huge lucky breaks.
I don't really think there's anything you can do aside form banning one of us from the same game :/
Hopefully our agentcarr will brush up on his, well, agent skills?

flubbucket: I actually played on a site where a really nasty scandal occurred....sort of similar.

A player had an alt and used it to get into the observer thread, regularly. This site would usually post all the game information in the dead thread. Simple matter of carefully playing so as to not raise suspicion.

After almost a year, one of the admins got wise and the jig was up.

I think they learned a lesson.
That's pretty dirty. I hope it's clear that we're not interested in cheating for the win.

drealmer7: very cool you are brothers and both active here! fun fun!

I just hope that in the future if there are any "slips" (oops I walked into the room and saw you had a QC open so you must be scum) that you are both open about such things and do the gamesmanship thing/tell/behave appropriately.

I'm sure that's huge reason for people who play the RVS game to vote either of you every time.
Yes, but I was first!
Pretty sure that won't happen again, but yes we will/would.
Is that a threat? :P
trentonlf: I'm going to guess that you are the older one?
Leonard03: How exactly am I supposed to take this?
As a sincere compliment, because everyone knows younger brothers are the best. It is simply part of our nature.
Bookwyrm627: As a sincere compliment, because everyone knows younger brothers are the best. It is simply part of our nature.
Yes it is ;-)
I am also a younger brother :-)
Post edited January 22, 2016 by trentonlf
Bookwyrm627: As a sincere compliment, because everyone knows younger brothers are the best. It is simply part of our nature.
He's right, you know.
As a fellow younger brother (though the equation is some what complicated by both my parents having more children now), I can confirm this is the case. Younger brothers are definitely the best.
Leonard03: Pretty sure that won't happen again, but yes we will/would.
Is that a threat? :P
Yeah, you both seem quite cool and trustworthy and it worked well the past game and I don't actually have any concerns with either of you. I think the biggest issue that could arise is if you are both on the same scum team and are tempted to actually talk about the game during DAY when you only have night chat, but, really, I'm not concerned about it at all. It must be really fun for the 2 of you, regardless of the alignments and setup. Very cool.

And no, no threats, I don't play RVS (until I do!)
OK, a legitimately Mafia question:

Say I'm preparing a game IRL. I want the standard Town Roles (Doctor and Cop) as well as a 1-shot Town Vigilante and no Mafia Roles.

Will it be balanced if I have the typical 1/4 scum? Or do I need to give the Mafia a role to balance things?

What think people?
agentcarr16: OK, a legitimately Mafia question:

Say I'm preparing a game IRL. I want the standard Town Roles (Doctor and Cop) as well as a 1-shot Town Vigilante and no Mafia Roles.

Will it be balanced if I have the typical 1/4 scum? Or do I need to give the Mafia a role to balance things?

What think people?
Need to give Mafia a strongman (1 or 2 shot) or a roleblocker at least.
agentcarr16: OK, a legitimately Mafia question:

What think people?
trentonlf: Need to give Mafia a strongman (1 or 2 shot) or a roleblocker at least.
I was afraid that might be the case.

Strongman is a really unusual role in RL Mafia. I don't think it would work at all well :-/
Roleblocker might work, but it'd add a level of complexity that I'm trying to stay away from.

Would it be balanced if I removed the Vig?
agentcarr16: Would it be balanced if I removed the Vig?
In my limited experience and knowledge, no. Initially I was thinking cop+jailer. A doc seems imbalanced. I'm assuming scum has night-chat?
Post edited January 22, 2016 by drealmer7
trentonlf: Need to give Mafia a strongman (1 or 2 shot) or a roleblocker at least.
agentcarr16: I was afraid that might be the case.

Strongman is a really unusual role in RL Mafia. I don't think it would work at all well :-/
Roleblocker might work, but it'd add a level of complexity that I'm trying to stay away from.

Would it be balanced if I removed the Vig?
It would be better if there was no vig if you are not giving the Mafia any roles.
agentcarr16: Would it be balanced if I removed the Vig?
drealmer7: In my limited experience and knowledge, no. Initially I was thinking cop+jailer. A doc seems imbalanced. I'm assuming scum has night-chat?
Nope, no night chat. This is IRL, remember? It'll be over in an hour, if that.

trentonlf: It would be better if there was no vig if you are not giving the Mafia any roles.
OK, I'll just remove the Vig then. I'm not sure which of the players, if any, have played before, so I want it simple.
drealmer7: In my limited experience and knowledge, no. Initially I was thinking cop+jailer. A doc seems imbalanced. I'm assuming scum has night-chat?
agentcarr16: Nope, no night chat. This is IRL, remember? It'll be over in an hour, if that.

trentonlf: It would be better if there was no vig if you are not giving the Mafia any roles.
agentcarr16: OK, I'll just remove the Vig then. I'm not sure which of the players, if any, have played before, so I want it simple.
Werewolf is nice and simple. 1 seer, a few werewolves depending on group size.