It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: Yeah, I'll probably start a new topic. Not sure whether I should try add some more features first though..
You can just PM me any bugs for now so as not to completely hijack this thread.
In regards to your post here and the public release, any plans of expanding it to be used outside of in-thread searches?
Posting here, as PM notifications don't work.

And a general question regarding replacements in mafia games.

When someone gets replaced, are they allowed to contact their predecessor and get a briefing/ clarifications? I've seen comments like "your replacement has a lot of explaining to do", and I wonder if a replacement is actually expected to answer/ justify things their predecessor said and did, and if so why if they're not allowed to consult with the player they've replaced.
adaliabooks: Yeah, I'll probably start a new topic. Not sure whether I should try add some more features first though..
You can just PM me any bugs for now so as not to completely hijack this thread.
HypersomniacLive: In regards to your post here and the public release, any plans of expanding it to be used outside of in-thread searches?
Posting here, as PM notifications don't work.
I've certainly been considering it, but I'll have to have a look at how the main forum pages work to figure out how to search on them.. and it's finding the time and inclination to do so, and then fiddle around with the script until it does what I want it to do... :/
adaliabooks: I've certainly been considering it, but I'll have to have a look at how the main forum pages work to figure out how to search on them.. and it's finding the time and inclination to do so, and then fiddle around with the script until it does what I want it to do... :/
Why the sad face? It's something I'd be interested in, but you're certainly not obliged to do, and if you ever decided to do it, no-one would put any time restrains on you.

You've already done us a huge service, and not just for the mafia games - your script works tons better than GOG's native in-thread search, and I'm very grateful for all the hard work you've already put into it. :-)
HypersomniacLive: When someone gets replaced, are they allowed to contact their predecessor and get a briefing/ clarifications? I've seen comments like "your replacement has a lot of explaining to do", and I wonder if a replacement is actually expected to answer/ justify things their predecessor said and did, and if so why if they're not allowed to consult with the player they've replaced.
Not really. They shouldn't and when they are being replaced then they are most of the time not around anyway to be able to. :-)
In most established mafia places, when one asks for replacement (or is forced replaced), they should stop talking about the game at all, both in game thread and PM.
Speaking from my experience, I think this is 3rd time I replaced someone and in the past I never did something like that. Only once I got short PM wishing me luck from previous player but that's it. And the 1 time I replaced out, I haven't even considered contacting player who replaced me.

So replacement can't really fully explain his predecessor's actions. They can try to offer their perspective and they of course know alignement of their predecessor which helps them to understand position they were coming from but they don't really know.
Cheers for the reply, Vitek, that's what I was thinking, but reading such comments got me wondering, hence the inquiry.
HypersomniacLive: Why the sad face? It's something I'd be interested in, but you're certainly not obliged to do, and if you ever decided to do it, no-one would put any time restrains on you.

You've already done us a huge service, and not just for the mafia games - your script works tons better than GOG's native in-thread search, and I'm very grateful for all the hard work you've already put into it. :-)
It's just another one of those things that I want to do but don't ever get around to doing..

I've got some ideas though and will try to put some work into :)
adaliabooks: It's just another one of those things that I want to do but don't ever get around to doing..

I've got some ideas though and will try to put some work into :)
*sits comfortably and waits patiently*
Hi all - still alive , and hopefully RL will settle down a bit now...

Hyper - I think I did send Vitek a 'good luck' message, but that was all - mainly because of the massive mistake i made on day 1
Robbeasy: Hi all - still alive , and hopefully RL will settle down a bit now...

Hyper - I think I did send Vitek a 'good luck' message, but that was all - mainly because of the massive mistake i made on day 1
Of course you're still alive, you left before we could lynch you! ;-P
On a more serious note, good to hear you're coping and that things may ease down.

Do you mean that if you hadn't made that mistake on D1, you wouldn't have sent them a message?
Oy!

That's dangerously close to playing the game out of the game.
sorry!

Yogs you are right, i shall say no more
I'm still town.
flubbucket: I'm still town.
Until you aren't :P
Hope all of you dudes are livin' it up in the Dead Thread! Even TB!
yogsloth: Hope all of you dudes are livin' it up in the Dead Thread! Even TB!
Flub is posting pics with chickens on his head, it's a party :)