It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Due to my rampant Town of Salem playing, this is a setup I'm quite familiar with. However, comparing that to how games go on this here forum, I'd say that this idea would only work if a tight time limit is pushed. We've already seen many a day get the no-lynch due to pure indecision, even if this "day" lasts a week or more. This mechanic would only serve to draw it out even longer by letting even MORE discussion take place unless you give them a day or less to decide.
I think I have it setup so that it will flow and work very nicely. Afterall, I came up with it all as a way to safeguard against days that draw on too long to be enjoyable. The rules I have written will detail it all a lot more and I think lend to people enjoying the unfoldings a lot more than sometimes happens with long days. Again, I think an experienced player/moderator will be able to give me more feedback as to how it will go once they see the big picture.
yogsloth: I can say the one thing I've really appreciated dipping my toe into the mafiauniverse site is the tight deadlines, and players who generally adhere to them. No-lynch is not a thing there.
The deadlines in my game have soft-preset timeframes. They are able to flex to earlier or later depending on certain things happening (like someone having the majority of votes automatically triggering a different "phase of the day", and reversely, if a majority of votes don't go onto any player within a certain amount of time, a "call to vote" phase initiates requiring everyone to vote [and if they don't vote it's considered a vote for no-lynch, which just follows logically: if you don't have someone you think is vote-worthy, then your preference must be to lynch no one] and a majority isn't necessarily necessary for a lynch to happen, like in flub's games[again not set exactly set in stone how it will work yet.])
yogsloth: I'm warning, it takes a while, as the snowball starts small, but then it just starts rolling out of control. If you've got an hour to kill, check this out. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen in Mafia.
Yogsloth linked it to me last night, and it is certainly worth a skim, if nothing else. It has one of the best replies by an Admin I have ever seen; see if you can find it. ;)
drealmer7: Having said all of that. Is there ANYone here that has ANY interest in helping me with my setup/assist modding for me?
I'm co-moderating for you. GOGfather told me so.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by Krypsyn
drealmer7: and a majority isn't necessarily necessary for a lynch to happen, like in flub's games[again not set exactly set in stone how it will work yet.])
I wasn't a huge fan of that feature.

Might have played differently if D1 hadn't featured two in-day deaths, but I went from having 0 votes a few hours prior to deadline to having 2 votes which was enough to go out on by itself. While I'd stopped caring before then anyway, it was a fairly untenable place to play last-minute defense from.

But thinking of it more broadly, imagine a day with 11 ending 3/2/2/2/2. The 3 dies. If they flip town, what do you get from that? [Thus, in theory you'd need a game with a strong investigative component to compensate, but what do you give scum to counter? Etc.]

At the least I think you'd have to have some sort of floor. n/3 round up, perhaps (n=11 requires 4 votes, n=9 requires 3, etc. etc.).

Not to mention you need some way to address the then quite possible 'tie' scenario that's still somehow balanced for the rest of your game. Both die? Neither dies? Haiku post cage match?
Post edited May 19, 2016 by bler144
bler144: ...
yes there is a floor for lynch to be achieved and there are other things that address varying issues with all of that that I have not detailed. No worries, 3/2/2/2/2 will not produce a lynch in my game.

I'm going at the mechanics very communal-logically. It is a group of villagers who all care about each other (supposedly!) and so they are addressing everything that comes up as (I view) a community like them would. At 3/2/2/2/2 they obviously have a LOT more to discuss and come to an a general agreement about. Also know that this is still the part I'm fine-tuning and figuring out more than all of the other parts.
Post edited May 19, 2016 by drealmer7
Krypsyn: I'm co-moderating for you. GOGfather told me so.
Well then, I guess daddy has deemed how it will be (honor thy father.) Krypsyn is co-moderating with me! I'm excited!!! I really hope all of you can get excited about it eventually too.

I actually haven't decided on how to deal with ties yet, but I'm thinking of a tie-breaker mechanic related to one of the roles (your role is TIEBREAKER, if there is a tie, your vote carries more weight and breaks the tie - of course that isn't exactly it as I don't want to reveal roles, but something somewhat similar to something like that, maybe! Of course I know I would have to account for that player not being on a tie-vote, etc., again, that's not exactly how it would be and I'm still working on it anyway.)
Post edited May 19, 2016 by drealmer7
drealmer7: Of course I know I would have to account for that player not being on a tie-vote, etc., again, that's not exactly how it would be and I'm still working on it anyway.)
Also have to account for them being dead. If they're alive they're likely to at least weigh whether to use their ability - thus there's an impact whether it's used or not.

The game/balance potentially changes when the role is out of the equation entirely.
drealmer7: Of course I know I would have to account for that player not being on a tie-vote, etc., again, that's not exactly how it would be and I'm still working on it anyway.)
bler144: Also have to account for them being dead. If they're alive they're likely to at least weigh whether to use their ability - thus there's an impact whether it's used or not.

The game/balance potentially changes when the role is out of the equation entirely.
certainly (:
oh mighty GOGfather, might you search the depths of your knowledge and be able to figure out the line or character limit for posts here on GOG?

or, does anyone else have the capacity to figure that out?

hmmm, maybe I should ask mrkgnao...

mrkgnao says "10000 characters" !!!!

EXCELLENT!!!
Post edited May 25, 2016 by drealmer7
drealmer7: mrkgnao says "10000 characters" !!!!
10 thousand? That's bollocks.

EDIT1:
I mean, I find it hard to believe.

OP here had trouble with too many chars and even though it contains a lot of links I find it is far from 10000. Gotta check it out.

EDIT2:
OK, it seems to be correct.
The OP has 9534 chars right now.

Sorry for ever doubting you, mrkgnao. :-)
Post edited May 25, 2016 by Vitek
*laughs*
Vitek: EDIT2:
OK, it seems to be correct.
The OP has 9534 chars right now.

Sorry for ever doubting you, mrkgnao. :-)
So perhaps we'll need to start another thread containing important information??

Or games list??
TheGOGfather: So perhaps we'll need to start another thread containing important information??

Or games list??
Nah, there are still unused GOGFather's posts on page 1 of this thread with a ton of empty space. We can always use them.
TheGOGfather: So perhaps we'll need to start another thread containing important information??

Or games list??
Vitek: Nah, there are still unused GOGFather's posts on page 1 of this thread with a ton of empty space. We can always use them.
Neat...