It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: Don't depend on scum to do your work for you. They have a better chance of hitting a mason than of hitting scum.
ZFR: Yeah, I read up on it and from what I've seen no-lynch is almost never a good solution.
On reflection, about the only time it is a good solution is when it is a clear game winner (or at least clearly the way to forestall a game loss, like if this game comes down to 1v1v1).

Hunter65536: About second part, wanted to link to carrioncrow’s post so dedo could look at his avatar as well. It was a gif iirc but I’m on an iPad so couldn’t check meself.
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. I got ninja'd by 4 different people in that 6 minutes, too. It feels very, very odd to have this much activity at this time of day. Usually I'd just be talking to myself if I were posting now (or responding to posts from last night).

-----

I will not be voting for Adalia today, unless he manages to do something outrageously scummy.
Hunter65536: I’d agree with first statement, I think this setup gives incentive to scum hunt as well (with some sincerity rather than putting up an act) given that there’s 2 teams at play. About second part, wanted to link to carrioncrow’s post so dedo could look at his avatar as well. It was a gif iirc but I’m on an iPad so couldn’t check meself.
Yeah, that's part of it too. Both scum teams will be actively hunting for the other (as even if they do ignore each other at first they will need to identify and kill the other team at some point) which means it should be slightly easier for them to blend in with town then usual.

But I'm going to go with my gut and place an actual vote;

Vote mchack

He's the one currently setting my spidey sense tingling. I have reservations about a few other players, but nothing major yet so I'm just keeping an eye on them.
adaliabooks: ...
Krypsyn is voting who ever has the most votes. He's not all over the place in any way, in fact he's probably the most consistent person in the game so far. As I said earlier this is the kind of thing I'd expect from him regardless of alignment.
ah thanks for that (no thanks to bookwyrm who wanted me to work for it - I'm on sick leave you know!)
anyway, can't really say it's a townie thing to do, as in what if "everyone" did it that way? scum would have an easy time controlling the vote since they know exactly who not to vote for and the rest is fair game.
on the other hand it would be quite telling if "everyone" did it and then someone deviates from that practice (for instance because the scumbuddy is the princess for once) so I guess it goes both ways.
Bookwyrm627: I will not be voting for Adalia today, unless he manages to do something outrageously scummy.
There's still time, we've only just started ;)

mchack: ah thanks for that (no thanks to bookwyrm who wanted me to work for it - I'm on sick leave you know!)
anyway, can't really say it's a townie thing to do, as in what if "everyone" did it that way? scum would have an easy time controlling the vote since they know exactly who not to vote for and the rest is fair game.
on the other hand it would be quite telling if "everyone" did it and then someone deviates from that practice (for instance because the scumbuddy is the princess for once) so I guess it goes both ways.
Just be glad he's not posting only in video links...
If he persists for more than 1 day then I'd definitely vote him, but on day 1 I'll let him have his fun as at least it keeps the game moving.
trentonlf: [...] I'll ask in another way since he is not a long lost child of yours that you are trying to connect with, why is he getting your looks? [...]
Is flubbucket getting yours? If so, what for?

mchack: [...] HSL is sick, else I'd be suspecting him of holding back. [...]
Because the game progress and current state is chock-full of things that should have gotten my attention and comments, eh?

adaliabooks: [...] Oh your posts are entertaining, I just find them a little scummy. It is mostly just gut feeling so far, but there is not a lot else to go on day 1. [...]
[emphasis added]

Can you point to something specific about his posts that reads scummy?

adaliabooks: [...] Krypsyn is voting who ever has the most votes. He's not all over the place in any way, [...]
Is he? I agree that he's not all over the place, but is he really just merely voting whoever has the most votes?

ZFR: [...] Going completely random means there is 4/11 chance of making a good lynch, but 4/11 of making a bad lynch and 3/11 of making a really really bad lynch. [...]
Not sure I follow, why out of 11?

ZFR: [...] Vote: adaliabooks
Reason(s)?

Regarding ZFR and the last couple of comments about him, I'm just going to say this for now - BlueMooner, game #30.
But I'm going to go with my gut and place an actual vote;

Vote mchack

He's the one currently setting my spidey sense tingling. I have reservations about a few other players, but nothing major yet so I'm just keeping an eye on them.
adaliabooks: Well obviously not, but if they were to find another player scummy they may avoid NKing them (both in the hopes of hitting a mason and to keep total scum numbers up in the early game).
So, that means, you won't nk me tonight? :) thx

anyway, since my spidey sense is not tingling for you, you won't get any omgus vote from me. I think you're on my good side for the day (which might be differently tomorrow since scum might convert but I guess we'll see that by the number of nightkills)

tbh, my spidey sense is not tingling at all so I'm going for the good old "kill the use... I mean the ones not contributing enough"

vote sage

whaddup? what's your spideysense doing?
trentonlf: [...] I'll ask in another way since he is not a long lost child of yours that you are trying to connect with, why is he getting your looks? [...]
HypersomniacLive: Is flubbucket getting yours? If so, what for?

mchack: [...] HSL is sick, else I'd be suspecting him of holding back. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Because the game progress and current state is chock-full of things that should have gotten my attention and comments, eh?

adaliabooks: [...] Oh your posts are entertaining, I just find them a little scummy. It is mostly just gut feeling so far, but there is not a lot else to go on day 1. [...]
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

Can you point to something specific about his posts that reads scummy?

adaliabooks: [...] Krypsyn is voting who ever has the most votes. He's not all over the place in any way, [...]
HypersomniacLive: Is he? I agree that he's not all over the place, but is he really just merely voting whoever has the most votes?

ZFR: [...] Going completely random means there is 4/11 chance of making a good lynch, but 4/11 of making a bad lynch and 3/11 of making a really really bad lynch. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow, why out of 11?

ZFR: [...] Vote: adaliabooks
HypersomniacLive: Reason(s)?

Regarding ZFR and the last couple of comments about him, I'm just going to say this for now - BlueMooner, game #30.
My vote on flub was pure RVS. He mentioned that no one had voted him yet and I didn’t want him to feel left out ;-)
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow, why out of 11?
Well, you're not going to vote for yourself.

HypersomniacLive: Reason(s)?
_My first gut feeling. Based on my experience with Resistance, you talk a lot you're scum. Adalia seems to talk a lot. Really nothing solid against him, but:
_No-lynch is worse then lynch. Someone has to be lynched. At this moment for me adaliabooks is as good as any.
HypersomniacLive: Regarding ZFR and the last couple of comments about him, I'm just going to say this for now - BlueMooner, game #30.
heh. I remember that. He was scum and gotten a pass day 1 for being new, right? but iirc he went mia and then even came out, so not much damage done (other than to scum)... also wasn't he scumbuddy with adalia?
Krypsyn is voting who ever has the most votes. He's not all over the place in any way, in fact he's probably the most consistent person in the game so far. As I said earlier this is the kind of thing I'd expect from him regardless of alignment.
mchack: ah thanks for that (no thanks to bookwyrm who wanted me to work for it - I'm on sick leave you know!)
Agree with most of your assessment but that bold part may not necessarily be true since scum would have a vested interest in ensuring that its lynch is either a hacker or other scum team member as it would reduce their own chances of dying by conversion at night. On the other hand a town mislynch is also undesirable(though may not be completely unwanted) to them as it would increase their failure chances at night. So even scum will not know who exactly to not vote for.

@hsl That out of 11 could be that he’s counted himself out since he’s talking from a personal perspective I guess. Seems like a subtle LAMIST.
trentonlf: Why adaliabooks?
He's giving me antsy-scum vibes.

adaliabooks: More posts from everyone would be nice, Leonard has caught my attention with what looks like an omgus (ZFR: oh my god you suck, basically a revenge vote) vote on me for calling him a lurker. But maybe he has some solid reasoning for that, who knows?
It's not OMGUS, but make of it what you will.

Hunter65536: Mine was as adalia had described in post 175. This image with GOG logo on gremlin’s head.
Ah, that's the one I was thinking of.

ZFR: Not Mafia. But we played Resistnace quite a bit back in college.
I actually ran a game of that on here once. It was... interesting. It came to a rather anti-climactic ending when scum double failed the 3rd mission. Strategies are similar, but certainly not the same.

ZFR: I'm wondering if a no-lynch vote is actually good in this particular setup, since there are two scum factions and they may kill each other. However, the chance of scum killing scum is only 1/5 and the chance of both scum factions killing each other is 1/25. But, they also have conversion, which has to be taken into account.

Going to think about it. But from now onwards, my votes are serious. Possibly, or even probably, still random to a point, but serious nonetheless.
adaliabooks: Even with two scum teams possibly killing each other I don't think no lynch is worth it. I'd only ever advocate for it if we had decent investigative roles whose results could really help the game.

As it is scum could well kill two masons N1 if we're really unlucky and we're left with very little.

By lynching we at least have a kill that is under our control and get another chance to hit scum (particularly as the two scum teams may actively try not to kill each other N1 as their chances may be better with 4 scum and 6 town then 2 scum and 8 town, or 3 scum and 7 town).
Completely agree with adaliabooks here.

Bookwyrm627: Don't depend on scum to do your work for you. They have a better chance of hitting a mason than of hitting scum.
ZFR: Yeah, I read up on it and from what I've seen no-lynch is almost never a good solution.

Vote: adaliabooks
Interesting vote.

HypersomniacLive: Regarding ZFR and the last couple of comments about him, I'm just going to say this for now - BlueMooner, game #30.
I seem to vaguely recall something about that game, but please refresh my memory.

mchack: heh. I remember that. He was scum and gotten a pass day 1 for being new, right? but iirc he went mia and then even came out, so not much damage done (other than to scum)... also wasn't he scumbuddy with adalia?
Ahh, it's coming back to me. Didn't he just completely disappear and only showed up after the game was over?
mchack: heh. I remember that. He was scum and gotten a pass day 1 for being new, right? but iirc he went mia and then even came out, so not much damage done (other than to scum)... also wasn't he scumbuddy with adalia?
Leonard03: Ahh, it's coming back to me. Didn't he just completely disappear and only showed up after the game was over?
can be, haven't looked it up. point being, not lynching a new player day 1 hasn't hurt that game, even when it was scum...
Leonard03: Ahh, it's coming back to me. Didn't he just completely disappear and only showed up after the game was over?
mchack: can be, haven't looked it up. point being, not lynching a new player day 1 hasn't hurt that game, even when it was scum...
That kind of implies we should give ZFR a free pass day 1...
ZFR: I'm wondering if a no-lynch vote is actually good in this particular setup, since there are two scum factions and they may kill each other.
I don't see how that's not terrible in our setup - we don't have any form of investigation, so we can't count on new non-death related information to work with Tomorrow and we'll most likely be fewer in numbers (the scum may have increased in addition to that). Also, the non-lynched player is actually increasing scum's chances of hitting correct Tonight since the target pool is diluted by the survivor.

(pre-post edit: I see most of this has been touched on already, but anyway...)

trentonlf: Yes I believe it was. I think Hunter tried to post a pic of it but the formatting is messed up. Have you noticed someone playing more reserved than they usually do on Day 1? They are posting but It’s nothing that is memorable?
The people who seem less active are usually like this on D1, so I can't tell yet. What stood out a bit was mchack's #174. Up until then he was mostly talking funny stuff but after adalia (jokingly?) called him scum mchack reacted with a juicier serious post with reads on players. That's not AI on it's own of course, but it may have been the self-preservation instict kicking in to not stick out. After adalia voted him mchack made sure to not put an OMGUS vote and inform us about it which is also somewhat odd.

Speaking of adalia, he seems to be accumulating a record number of votes most of which are unexplained?!

(pre-post edit: some "explanations" were provided after all, but meh)

@Wyrm, adalia hinted to what I meant. If it's still unclear let me know.
mchack: can be, haven't looked it up. point being, not lynching a new player day 1 hasn't hurt that game, even when it was scum...
Leonard03: That kind of implies we should give ZFR a free pass day 1...
oh, if he claims scum or at least does more serious scummy stuff than rookie mistakes, then of course I'll consider voting him. but not for what he posted up until now.
we do have to keep new players interested and killing them day 1 (the most boring day) is just bad form and will hurt us all in the long run (trying to fill up a 12 player game, even now took breaking fingers and stuff...)