It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HSL. Kryspyn risked being wrong calling adalia mutant.

unvote
flubbucket: I will refresh before posting.

I will state unequivocally I have no reason nor evidence for this vote.

However, the whisky has stated this is the course we are to take.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
I know a change of brand is in order in my case. So tell me, does the distillery of your brand use worms?

Bookwyrm627: [...] naming the masons to allow town to look at more than 3 players, [...]
You got only one of the Masons correct in your naming the Masons, yet, instead of re-evaluating, actual scum-hunting and game-solving, you're looking at nobody else but one of those 3 players mchack named, for whom you came up with a convenient alternative scenario to absolve yourself, when your goal (allegedly?) was to allow town to look at more than those.
You see why and how this doesn't quite add up?

trentonlf: ~ ping ~
Would you care to explain that quick hammer on Leonard03?

ZFR: HSL. Kryspyn risked being wrong calling adalia mutant. [...]
I still don't follow given that Krypsyn claimed Cyborg, but perhaps it's best to have this discussion post-game.
gogtrial34987: unvote

I woke up with a thought.

Try it on on for size.
Flub was telling the truth all along.
Flub has a red balloon. Like, y'know, a certain clown in the sewers.
If we wouldn't lynch him on day 1, we would all end up scum (because he was going to recruit us).
On day 2, he was still a good lynch, but not the best anymore (because he'd recruited Hunter).

And wasn't it adalia who made us believe that was flub was doing, was claiming vanilla town?

I need to go look at flub's votes.
I will refresh before posting.

1) I have been telling the truth all along.
2) The rest of your speculation is just that. I was never recruited,nor was I a recruiter.

flubbucket: I will refresh before posting.

I will state unequivocally I have no reason nor evidence for this vote.

However, the whisky has stated this is the course we are to take.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
HypersomniacLive: I know a change of brand is in order in my case. So tell me, does the distillery of your brand use worms?

No. It is made by cherub faced hillbilly children in the rolling hills of Kentucky.

Why didn't you hammer (or vote) Bookwyrm627??
HypersomniacLive: Do you have solid reasons to exclude Bookwyrm627 in scenario F?
Nothing solid. I find it less likely that he'd recruit Hunter instead of adalia doing so, but that's as far as it goes.

Trent, how do you read bookwyrm's #1259?
Bookwyrm627: [...] naming the masons to allow town to look at more than 3 players, [...]
HypersomniacLive: You got only one of the Masons correct in your naming the Masons, yet, instead of re-evaluating, actual scum-hunting and game-solving, you're looking at nobody else but one of those 3 players mchack named, for whom you came up with a convenient alternative scenario to absolve yourself, when your goal (allegedly?) was to allow town to look at more than those.
You see why and how this doesn't quite add up?
I did try to look at others, more than once. No one else showed interest (mchack stayed focused, the other masons kept their heads down, and the people in question were being accused of being possible scum), and the first claimed mason actively fought against my effort to look at a wider range of people.

You can say I haven't considered Trent or Flub, and yet I've gotten in some trouble for pushing for both of their lynches. I stopped pushing for their lynch after Mchack's claim. Considering how Trent has mostly been just following the masons, and Flub has been floating, I don't have much else to say about either of them. Do you?

I'm currently pointing the finger at you because I think you are the best answer to the question "Why did Adalia die on N3?" If Adalia and I were scum buddies on Day 2, then there were enough votes to lynch you if everyone from Day 1 rejoined your wagon and there wouldn't be any reason for me to try and open the field to consider other players (name the masons). If Hunter and Adalia were buddies, then why would Adalia have a conversion on N3, or did a cyborg kill him?
Sorry I was busy yesterday and so my time was very limited for me to be on. Today is much less hectic and I will be around most of the day.

HypersomniacLive: Would you care to explain that quick hammer on Leonard03?
Leonard was on my willing to vote list and he had made his case as to why he wasn't scum earlier in the day and we were getting back into the same routine of running around in circles pointing fingers at each other. The same thing happened on Day 1 as the day was nearing the end and a no lynch happened and I wasn't going to let another no lynch happen so I hammered.

gogtrial34987: Trent, how do you read bookwyrm's #1259?
His post seems genuine to me, I think a scum bookwyrm would have made a stronger push on someone else to deflect attention away from himself. I think I am going to add him to my not voting list today.

Unvote bookwyrm

I just wonder if Adalia died from trying to recruit a Mason or a Cyborg, my guess is a Mason (ZFR). If it is a Cyborg then we are in trouble, but from everything I have gone over the probability is higher that there's only one scum left. Now I'm torn as to who the scum is. I don't think flub was an original scum and the chances are high that he was recruited N1 as he was a safer target than anyone else, but my gut says HSL is the last scum. What do you think?
gogtrial34987: Trent, how do you read bookwyrm's #1259?
trentonlf: His post seems genuine to me, I think a scum bookwyrm would have made a stronger push on someone else to deflect attention away from himself. I think I am going to add him to my not voting list today.

Unvote bookwyrm
Hrm.
I hadn't expected that strong a read.
But I did ask with the intent of trusting experience here.
Which I guess I have here, with you, Bookwyrm and flub all pointing the finger at HSL.
Personally I still lean toward Bookwyrm - but only slightly. And there's a very good chance that if we're wrong about HSL, we can still safely lynch Bookwyrm tomorrow and win.

I don't like voting without HSL having checked in one more time, but I really have to be off for today, and my attendance tomorrow will be scattered at best. Might not even make it before deadline (though I will try, just in case things reverse once more).

So, for better or worse, vote HSL.

I'd appreciate it if you & ZFR can wait with hammering until HSL has had more chance to share any final conclusions, in case we're wrong, though obviously not so long as to risk no-lynch.

trentonlf: ............... I don't think flub was an original scum and the chances are high that he was recruited N1 as he was a safer target than anyone else, but my gut says HSL is the last scum. What do you think?
So you don't think I'm an original scum. However chances are "high" that I was recruited Night One.

Why??

Also, why was I a safer target than anyone else??

Lastly, why are you blaming your gut for this liquidy stance you're kind of not taking??
Trent is my favorite for Cyborg, HSL is my favorite for Mutant, and Flub is my favorite for Neutral Survivor.

I favor HSL over Trent for scum. I have no idea what to think of Flub at this point; everytime I about think I have a handle on him, he changes things up again.
flubbucket: [...] No. It is made by cherub faced hillbilly children in the rolling hills of Kentucky. [...]
Yeah well, I didn't really expect you to fess up.

flubbucket: [...] Why didn't you hammer (or vote) Bookwyrm627??
Now that's an interesting question. I'm trying to solve this so we lynch scum Today. What about you? Were you looking to get Bookwyrm627 lynched without getting your hands dirty, while being able to point a finger at me if he flips town?

Bookwyrm627: I did try to look at others, more than once. No one else showed interest (mchack stayed focused, the other masons kept their heads down, and the people in question were being accused of being possible scum), and the first claimed mason actively fought against my effort to look at a wider range of people. [...]
I'm talking about Today, after the remaining Masons stepped forward. But you didn't, even though, as I already said, your post #1244 scenario arguments don't exclude them.

Bookwyrm627: [...] Considering how Trent has mostly been just following the masons, and Flub has been floating, I don't have much else to say about either of them. Do you? [...]
Now that we know for a fact that neither of them is a Mason, I'm trying to see if and how things may fit, the mostly following the Masons and floating included. You could try and do the same, if you're town.

Bookwyrm627: [...] II'm currently pointing the finger at you because I think you are the best answer to the question "Why did Adalia die on N3?"
Do you? You were inclined to vote me two days ago, as early as post #1226, with a maybe for flubbucket, while trentonlf and ZFR were to follow. No reasons, no arguments. Not for your vote, not for your intended votes, nor for the order of them. You only came up with your alternative scenario after gogtrial34987 presented the case on you, and your initial defence didn't bear any fruits.

Bookwyrm627: [...] If Adalia and I were scum buddies on Day 2, then there were enough votes to lynch you if everyone from Day 1 rejoined your wagon and there wouldn't be any reason for me to try and open the field to consider other players (name the masons). [...]
The thing is that when you came on, adaliabooks was the leading wagon, and nothing (much) was happening - Leonard03's L-1 wagon had already died down, and my wagon didn't start to form until quite late in the Day - and you're not one to sit and wait for things to unfold, so opening the field and putting Leonard03 back at L-3 while sticking to your town-read on me was quite inline, and worked out just fine in the end.

Bookwyrm627: [...] If Hunter and Adalia were buddies, then why would Adalia have a conversion on N3, or did a cyborg kill him?
If adaliabooks died failing a conversion, then he obviously had a shot, which means that in this case, Hunter65536 attempted the N1 conversion, which in turn brings us to mchack's assessment of how things went down N1. Same if you and adaliabooks were the original Mutant team.

If he didn't die that way, then someone must have killed him. Or did he commit suicide?

Since you're not cleared in any way and (some) things fit, I find it prudent to keep you in the list of suspects, including the case of being aligned with the Mutant team, while I'm trying to figure things out. Which in turn means that it's not (yet?) a given that you've been, and are, truthful in everything you've said, and are saying.
You're doing the same with me. I'm extending it to all the non-Masons players too, while you are not.

trentonlf: [...] Leonard was on my willing to vote list and he had made his case as to why he wasn't scum earlier in the day [...]
Yes, I know, it's just that you made a point that I didn't post my suspects when I thought I had been lynched, but shortly afterwards you didn't give him a chance to do it. I went back and checked, and he hadn't posted earlier in the Day the thoughts and names he did after the mod declared his lynch and Night-fall. What if he hadn't made that post? Weren't you interested in hearing what he had to say?

trentonlf: [...] I don't think flub was an original scum [...]
What makes you think he wasn't?

trentonlf: [...] the chances are high that he was recruited N1 as he was a safer target than anyone else, [...]
Wouldn't you say the same if it's you who got converted N1?

trentonlf: [...] my gut says HSL is the last scum. What do you think?
I'll tell you what I know - your gut's been wrong since the beginning, and you'll see it soon enough.

gogtrial34987: [...] Flub was telling the truth all along. [...]
Did you look into him?

I was pondering about him being the N1 Convert. You said you have a certain mental model of how adaliabooks operates, but what if he did the opposite of what was expected of him? After all, he did up his scum play noticeably this game. If adaliabooks considered that mchack's focus on 3 specific players and insistence to leave flubbucket alone may be enough to keep him out of immediate lynch-danger D2, his team may have gone with him. And with everything else that transpired on D2 and him floating, nobody really took another look at flubbucket. Krypsyn turned things upside down on D3, and now here we are.

Having said all that, I see that gogtrial34987 put me at L-1. And since I'm going to be quite busy myself tomorrow, we might as well end the Day here.

Vote HypersomniacLive

HypersomniacLive: ..................

Vote HypersomniacLive
Not so fast Captain.

Unvote: HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Vote HypersomniacLive
That was the Hammer. And no amount of unvoting can undo a Hammer!

A while Bookwyrm seems the prime suspect and he is close to being dragged to the investigation... but in the last moment, the crew reconsiders and focuses on HSL.

Finally, Hypersomniac can bear it no longer and shouts: "All right! You want me dead? Then do it! THE MANY will get you all nonetheless and we all will be part of the same mind!" Then he kills himself.

A quick investigation shows, that his brain was infested with these strange, alien worms.

HSL is dead. He was a Mutant.

Suddenly, a voice is heard again. THE voice. SHODAN speaks to you and she says:
"Congratulations, puny... puny humans! You have rid yourself of this disgusting ... gusting... presence. You have also defeated my emissaries, in your stupid i ..i..ignorance. So be it. Live your short life, on your pa...thetic bride, while I take over the uni...verse."

And with that, the voice falls silent again. Can she be trusted? Are you really free of traitors? Some instinct tells you yes. So you renew your barricades, fabricate as much food as the synthesizers will yield and wait. Wait for the rescue, that will surely somehow come. How do they say: hope dies last.

The game is over. Town has won!

And here's the vote tracking file:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-P9KZCBFT3z8k8lMPVfuJiNSvtdfuE2kA1VhMUn5Mmw/edit?usp=sharing

The dead/observer thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/upuHhvkLUTguF

The mason's thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/upuHhvkLUTguF

Cyborgs: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/iVSrCfqWf5QZ

And Mutants (due to technical difficulties, there are two threads):
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/QeLsi2iY72s9L
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dVmFpi2FcdWE

It was quite a wild ride and I'm aware that the setup is quite swingy, as forseen. But the balancing can use some work. Please let me know your feedback and suggestions for improving this experimental setup. (but first, I'm off to bed)
Post edited November 13, 2017 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: ................

It was quite a wild ride and I'm aware that the setup is quite swingy, as forseen. But the balancing can use some work. Please let me know your feedback and suggestions for improving this experimental setup. (but first, I'm off to bed)
I will say without hesitation I enjoyed this setup. I thought it was elegant, simple and yet rife with complexity.

Now some have said I'm a boob easily amused with my fingernail patterns, however I thought this was quite fun.

Thanks Lifthrasil for hosting.
flubbucket: I will say without hesitation I enjoyed this setup. I thought it was elegant, simple and yet rife with complexity.

Now some have said I'm a boob easily amused with my fingernail patterns, however I thought this was quite fun.

Thanks Lifthrasil for hosting.
You are a boob, but boobs are fun to play with :P

I also agree and enjoyed the setup, was a lot of fun.

Thanks Lift for hosting!!

Also, sorry mchack for steering you away from adalia, you had him pegged Day 1!
trentonlf: ......... but boobs are fun to play with :P
TRUTH!!!