It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've made the comment before, but some of the difference is culture rather than quality. You get a range of player styles/strengths on any site, but GoG definitely has a unique culture compared to the other sites I've watched.

Second - While we have a number of talented players, I don't think we consistently hone skill here, and would argue we don't have anyone on the level of say, Whiskey, particularly if looking at both raw talent combined with refined technique.
Post edited June 08, 2017 by bler144
And it just occurred to me that since the Zone is still active, we could have another take of this setup sometime in the future.

bler144: I've made the comment before, but some of the difference is culture rather than quality. You get a range of player styles/strengths on any site, but GoG definitely has a unique culture compared to the other sites I've watched.

Second - While we have a number of talented players, I don't think we consistently hone skill here, and would argue we don't have anyone on the level of say, Whiskey, particularly if looking at both raw talent combined with refined technique.
I have to agree on the unique culture. Following RWarehall's MU Championship game, I've noticed a lot of differences that got me thinking about our games here, as well as my personal approach of the game.

Got me curious - who's Whiskey, and were do they play?
HypersomniacLive: And it just occurred to me that since the Zone is still active, we could have another take of this setup sometime in the future.

bler144: I've made the comment before, but some of the difference is culture rather than quality. You get a range of player styles/strengths on any site, but GoG definitely has a unique culture compared to the other sites I've watched.

HypersomniacLive: I have to agree on the unique culture. Following RWarehall's MU Championship game, I've noticed a lot of differences that got me thinking about our games here, as well as my personal approach of the game.

Got me curious - who's Whiskey, and were do they play?
You can usually find Whiskey at the bar with Rum and Coke ;-)
trentonlf: You can usually find Whiskey at the bar with Rum and Coke ;-)
Or possibly In the Jar...
Post edited June 08, 2017 by adaliabooks
With flubbucket, too much you hang out.
Sage103082: I had a ninja power that was my one saving grace being alone. I was untrackable.
Lifthrasil: But you could still have been discovered by the Gunsmith ... if you hadn't killed him in Night 1!
Yeppers lol trent was the best pick. But if gamma tried to track me he wouldnt have seen anything. Being the only scum I had to use the untrackable instead of the they couldnt see I had a gun.
Sage103082: I had a ninja power that was my one saving grace being alone. I was untrackable.

And thank you all! I had so much fun with this game and cristi played an awesome game and so deserves the win. And I think everyone players a great game.
Bookwyrm627: *poke* Hey! I answered your question, so your turn to answer mine! If I'd named Cristi as the role recipient, do you think you would have shot her instead of me?
Opps sorry I missed your questions I have only had brief time on today.
What do you mean? If crisit got your role like the vig shot? I thought she did get that and hence her killing gamma. Or do you mean if I got the vig shot would I have killed you with it or crisit? I am not sure of your question bc it would have been the same as I only got one kill and I knew you suspected me more then her hence why I picked you to kill.
HypersomniacLive: And it just occurred to me that since the Zone is still active, we could have another take of this setup sometime in the future.
I would love love love to play another zone game. I do love the setup of roles and abilities but sadly I think that all would have to be changed a bit as not have everyone knowing off the bat how it all works and being able to use it scum wise to have to much of a step up.
Post edited June 09, 2017 by Sage103082
Sage103082: What do you mean? If crisit got your role like the vig shot? I thought she did get that and hence her killing gamma. Or do you mean if I got the vig shot would I have killed you with it or crisit? I am not sure of your question bc it would have been the same as I only got one kill and I knew you suspected me more then her hence why I picked you to kill.
Your last sentence answers the question. :)

In game, I didn't state who I actually gave the vig shot to. I was curious if you hearing who it went to would have changed your target preference (maybe to kill the PR) or not, and it seems the answer is "no, I still would have killed you".
Sage103082: [...] What do you mean? If crisit got your role like the vig shot? I thought she did get that and hence her killing gamma. Or do you mean if I got the vig shot would I have killed you with it or crisit? I am not sure of your question bc it would have been the same as I only got one kill and I knew you suspected me more then her hence why I picked you to kill. [...]
Bookwyrm627 had mentioned that he passed the vig-shot on to someone but withheld their name. He's asking you now if you'd have killed cristigale instead of him, if you knew that cristigale had the vig-shot.

@Bookwyrm627, I think you do owe me that apology after all. ;-)

Sage103082: [...] I would love love love to play another zone game. I do love the setup of roles and abilities but sadly I think that all would have to be changed a bit as not have everyone knowing off the bat how it all works and being able to use it scum wise to have to much of a step up.
Well, seeing all the changes Lifthrasil made this game from the first one, I think we can rest assured he doesn't lack the vision and skills to come up with a fresh set of roles, possible third-parties, etc.

And ninja'd by Bookwyrm627. Guess I won't get that apology.

EDIT: Correction of verb usage.
Post edited June 09, 2017 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Well, seeing all the changes Lifthrasil did this game from the first one, I think we can rest assured he doesn't lack the vision and skills to come up with a fresh set of roles, possible third-parties, etc.
I'm sure I can think of some more drastic changes, so that it is a semi-closed setup again. If that's what's wanted.
Lifthrasil: I'm sure I can think of some more drastic changes, so that it is a semi-closed setup again. If that's what's wanted.
Well, I was killed N1 in the first one, i.e. didn't really get to play, had to sit this one out, so, if time and circumstances allow, I'd be up for another go in the Zone.
HypersomniacLive: And ninja'd by Bookwyrm627. Guess I won't get that apology.
Oh, you might yet. Much more of people finding me incomprehensible and I'll probably extend it just to cover my bases. Not that you'd understand if I did... ;)
Lifthrasil: But you could still have been discovered by the Gunsmith ... if you hadn't killed him in Night 1!
HypersomniacLive: *cough... cough*

She was, poor trentonlf just didn't get a chance to reveal it.

Thanks Lifthrasil for running this setup again, it was fun to follow, though I'd have preferred if people were more active (following RWarehall's MU Championship game made the contrast even bigger).

Was the scum ninja ability indefinite? I'm not sure how I feel about it if so, it renders the Tracker/Watcher useless/pointless, more so if the Gunsmith is out of the pool early on.

GG Sage103082 and cristigale, you both did a good job flying solo and letting town tear themselves apart. Congrats to cristigale for achieving a third-party victory.

GammaEmerald: [...] Drealmerz7 was wrong about this site. It's not a utopia, it's a train wreck!
HypersomniacLive: I don't understand your definitions of "utopia" and "train wreck", care to share it?

You are probably not going to like this, but you saw how thing turns out for you in your first game here due to your play. Didn't that get you thinking a bit?

GammaEmerald: Whatever, Just know I have the moral high ground here. I found scum super early d2 and was ignored. [...]
HypersomniacLive: I'm sorry to break it to you, but your play and way of arguing didn't exactly help you not to be ignored

Out of curiosity, how old are you? You don't need to state your exact age, saying if you're in your early/mid/late teens/20s/30s/etc. will do fine.
Late teens
Also I think my playstyle just sucks for townread getting. I'm just curious if it'll become less scumread like it did on Mafiascum just by people getting used to it.
GammaEmerald: Late teens
Also I think my playstyle just sucks for townread getting. I'm just curious if it'll become less scumread like it did on Mafiascum just by people getting used to it.
Probably. Happened to others too. "Naah, it's just X's playstyle. His scumminess / lurkiness / lying doesn't HAVE to mean he's scum"

But I still think in the latter case, no excuses should be accepted. Someone caught at lying should be lynched.
And if you don't have a liar to lynch at hand, just lynch a lurker. Lurkers are strongly anti-game, no matter which faction they are in!
HypersomniacLive: Well, seeing all the changes Lifthrasil did this game from the first one, I think we can rest assured he doesn't lack the vision and skills to come up with a fresh set of roles, possible third-parties, etc.
Lifthrasil: I'm sure I can think of some more drastic changes, so that it is a semi-closed setup again. If that's what's wanted.
Great job with the game and thanks for hosting.

HypersomniacLive: With flubbucket, too much you hang out.
Truth you speak.
GammaEmerald: Late teens [...]
I suspected as much, cheers.

GammaEmerald: [...] Also I think my playstyle just sucks for townread getting. I'm just curious if it'll become less scumread like it did on Mafiascum just by people getting used to it.
I assume that, with time, people will take pause (like I did this game), but since it can't be ruled out that you maintain said playstyle to cover when you are scum, I hope you don't expect people to give you a free pass because you've stated that you are aware of how your playstyle reads to others, and understand if it doesn't go (much) further than taking pause.

Lifthrasil: Probably. Happened to others too. "Naah, it's just X's playstyle. His scumminess / lurkiness / lying doesn't HAVE to mean he's scum" [...]
Unless one is Krypsyn.

flubbucket: [...] Truth you speak.
Truth, I always speak.

Because.

I is kind, I is smart, I is important.