It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: snip
RW, what was the town tell you saw from JMich?

Sage103082: I have mentioned that Jmich has questions things that also made my eyebrows raise. I have Jmich leaning town right now.
Is there anything about JMich that says "town" to you besides him apparently having some of the same thoughts you've had?
Bookwyrm627: RW, what was the town tell you saw from JMich?
I thought his reasoning was very similar to last game. I hate relying too much on tone reading, but his comment about possibly being wrong like last game felt genuine. I also thought his eyebrow raising at the word "Cultist" is consistent to his normal town reads. All this was enough for me to day 1 town clear him.

All that said, it's a new day. We have some results now, so I have a few more "tools" at my disposal to make reads. Right now, I find JMich's explanation today to be rather underwhelming, especially given my post yesterday where I talked about how I seem to recall that I also thought of them as cultists in the first game but also the fact that I pointed out specifically that WE HAVE THE PMs IN THE OP.

To merely say, "for the same reasons" seems short-sighted to me.

Let me ask you something, the wording you use "town tell", do you think there is something I specifically should have picked up? Is there something I should have picked up that you had "dropped" to keep me off of your case?
Re-reading, seems I remember the order of events wrong...but tsk tsk Bookwyrm...not cool...not cool...
Bookwyrm627: Is there anything about JMich that says "town" to you besides him apparently having some of the same thoughts you've had?
Jmich has posted a total of 10 times this game. 9 in DAY 1

1. Wonders how long rvs will last and mentions its usual chaos. (I disagree with his opinion on rvs and have express it.)
2. Finds rvs a bit distracting and that things can be brushed off with claiming rvs. (again my opinion differs. I feel that we learn things and there is the possibility of a slip.)
3. Quotes bookwyrms comment about being the last one to die he wins. Asks if its a claim at NS. (This something that raised my eyebrow too.)
4. posts a link about a I being in team.
5. Points to activity picking up and being good. But is unsure how he feels about the cult mentions especially since no one told him it was a cult game, and he should be the cult leader. (This seems off to me but I am not sure if it because I am not used to Jmich joking or if there is more to this then just a joke)
6. Answering my question on his thoughts so far? : Says he thought the previous game had cult in the description but it doesn't on another look. Feels the mention of cultist is a slip, but then says we all recall how good his hunches were last game. (To me it feels like he is making a reason why cultist might have been said. But then its not there so its more a slip but wait it we shouldnt trust me because of last game. Also like he nulls his own post and feelings on the possible of a slip.)
7. quotes bookwyrm post about not caring at all who dies as long as he is the last one standing fitting his win condition. Thanks him then votes him(bookwyrm) Then mentions his monitor is dead but he should manage just fine. (I dont like bookwyrms post either.)
8. quotes bookwyrms post on if a townie is the only one alive then townie wins. Jmich posts this in response.: "What if said "townie" is the last one to die? Would said "townie" also win or not? Post 28 if you're confused." (The post 28 mentions cultist.)
9. Says his vote is placed and hes waiting to see what happens. says wyrm explanations sound like excuses but if anyone else wants to explain why not hes open to hearing.

DAY 2
10. votes for Bookwyrm for reasons from last day but willing to change it for me or cristi for speed of voting.

So in re-reading Jmich there are the two things that stood out to him that he questions that also stood out to me and I questioned as well. However, going back over and re-reading I am not sure Jmich if town or not. There really is not a ton that Jmich has contributed and he has not really giving his opinions and thoughts on the game. He is keeping his post brief and few and far between.
Sage103082: snip
I'll say this about JMich...this is among the most talkative I remember of him this early in a game. He's notorious for not saying much early, hence making him "inscrutable".
Sage103082: snip
RWarehall: I'll say this about JMich...this is among the most talkative I remember of him this early in a game. He's notorious for not saying much early, hence making him "inscrutable".
The trouble is that in a 9-player game, we don't really have the luxury of players waiting until later days to contribute. In larger games, this is not as big of a deal. It is here as it was in the last game.

RWarehall: Let me ask you something, the wording you use "town tell", do you think there is something I specifically should have picked up? Is there something I should have picked up that you had "dropped" to keep me off of your case?
The wording of this seems odd. Were you ever 'on' Bookwyrm's case?

I like the case that Sage made on Gamma. Not posting his 'lost' post looks scummier the longer it continues. If you had a case, it shouldn't be that hard to recreate it.

@gamma - we are still waiting for that post.

We could be in a MYLO situation. 6 players, with a likely 2-player scum team. If we mis-lynch, we likely lose apart from well played night actions. We lost some amount of NA with trent. We can rule out an existing 3 person scum team - otherwise, the game should be over, right? A 3 player team also seems scum-heavy in a 9 player setting. We don't know drealmer's alignment. I think scum-drealmer would have been more involved. My guess is that drealmer was town. If he was scum, we are in a better position, but I don't think we should bank on that.

@JMich - You said your vote on Bookwyrm is the same as yesterday. For clarity, would you please restate why you are voting him?

@Lift - this is a holiday weekend in the US, not sure if it will have much bearing on the game. Currently, I am around for most of it. But if a friend gets a yen to head to the lake, that could change.
No, I was never really on his case. But you know Bookwyrm and some of his games...

My guess would be 6/2/1 Town/scum/neutral, so MyLo seems about right unless Drealmer was scum.
RWarehall: Ah heck, what to make of this. All 3 of my slight scum leans are dead and 2 of them flipped town. Please, tell me what I'm missing...
It's not terribly important at this point...but what gave you a slight scum lean on drealmer?
Mostly his absence. I could swear he promised a post and didn't follow through at some point as well. It's tough to say exactly, but if Drealmer isn't posting much, he's scummy to me, because the Drealmer I know most as Town posts a lot.
I just went back and Drealmer posted more than I thought, guess the impression was from the "I need to catch up" posts. I think part of it was also the push on Bookwyrm, felt too easy. But when I say slight, I mean slight. I had one ping from Trent.

One thing that is slowing down my aggression is I have a new rule for myself. I need 2 scum pings and a re-read before I'm going to call someone scum. Been part of too many mislynches where my read was based on one post, one thing. People are playing very close to the cuff, no 2 pings on anyone yet.
Vote Count

Bookwyrm: 1 - JMich

Not voting: all others
RWarehall: Let me ask you something, the wording you use "town tell", do you think there is something I specifically should have picked up? Is there something I should have picked up that you had "dropped" to keep me off of your case?
On D1 you indicated that you saw something from JMich that indicated to you that JMich was town. You originally said "town slip" as opposed to "town tell"; I don't think there is much difference between the two terms.

No, I don't think JMich has done anything that indicates he's town. He has been reticent, which is usual. However, he's also been almost exclusively focused on one player, and he's committed to voting a LOT easier than he normally seems to do on D1. Him saying his reads aren't great doesn't really do anything to convince me he is town, regardless of whether he was town last game or not. And committing to voting based on usage of the word "cultist"? Bleh. I don't like it.

I didn't drop anything specific to try and mark me as town, beyond my being active and trying to push the Day forward.

RWarehall: Re-reading, seems I remember the order of events wrong...but tsk tsk Bookwyrm...not cool...not cool...
*eyebrow* I have no idea what you are referring to here.

-----

At this point, I'm willing to take Gamma or JMich. For the moment, I'm going to

Vote JMich.
cristigale: @sage - who do you find suspicious?
Sage103082: I find Gamma and Bookwyrm the most suspicious so far. I feel Gamma has not tried contributed very much and what he has seems more like filler and look im posting then actual hunting and trying to figure things out. He has posted a total of 11 times in the game so far. He really has not had anything on his own to add with exception of SK more then NS comment. I dont feel trying to paying close attention to the game at all. We never did get the wall post. When we did a post about his feels of other players he puts everyone pretty much as town but Jmich. This seem to me like trying not to bring any attention to himself by pointing at others and having them look at him a little harder or question him for why he feels the way he does. I am also not a fan of his vote on bookwyrm with out any real explanation to why he is personally feeling that way to vote. It reminds me of well everyone is doing it so why not I can slide in and no one will really notice and since Im not bringing much attention to myself then no one will notice.

Here are his posts.

first 3 are RVS. 4th is saying that Jmich asking Boowyrm about NS claim and Gamma points out he thinks its more serial killer. 5th votes bookwyrm in a joking manor for bookwyrms vote feeling fake. Then in 6th post actually votes for bookwyrm. 7th post claims to have a wall post but lost it and mentions bookwyrm trying to hard. 8th post responding to bookwyrm calling him out for lack of elaborating on his vote and asks trent to read him jmich and wyrm. 9th after being questioned again on his lack of posting what he lost he agrees to post and also calls dess out for trying to see a scum slip in drealmers wording. 10th posts a brief list of his thoughts on players has almost everyone leaning town but jmich and hes agrees with bookwyrms thoughts on Jmich. 11th post he votes bookwym
Um no I believe I voted Dessimu in post 11
Also you can't say I haven't had original thought and have seen my read list.
Your read on me feels fake.
@cristi tbh I tried to make that post again but I don't think I can: nothing really noteworthy was there that I forgot to comment on. Fortunately I am producing content now so you can take solace in that.
Bookwyrm627: On D1 you indicated that you saw something from JMich that indicated to you that JMich was town. You originally said "town slip" as opposed to "town tell"; I don't think there is much difference between the two terms.

No, I don't think JMich has done anything that indicates he's town. He has been reticent, which is usual. However, he's also been almost exclusively focused on one player, and he's committed to voting a LOT easier than he normally seems to do on D1. Him saying his reads aren't great doesn't really do anything to convince me he is town, regardless of whether he was town last game or not. And committing to voting based on usage of the word "cultist"? Bleh. I don't like it.

I didn't drop anything specific to try and mark me as town, beyond my being active and trying to push the Day forward.

RWarehall: Re-reading, seems I remember the order of events wrong...but tsk tsk Bookwyrm...not cool...not cool...
Bookwyrm627: *eyebrow* I have no idea what you are referring to here.

-----

At this point, I'm willing to take Gamma or JMich. For the moment, I'm going to

Vote JMich.
Why are you still willing to vote me? Is the read changed at all since day 1? What are your thoughts on the game given the flips?
Like seriously
I don't get how Sage is reading my posts the way she is. How does she get "all but JMich town" from my reads? There were clearly null, scum, and townreads there, and I stated I read Dessimu as scum.
Bookwyrm627: At this point, I'm willing to take Gamma or JMich. For the moment, I'm going to

Vote JMich.
Do you think that Gamma and JMich are a team?