It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: Guess I do need to point out the obvious: if a townie is the only one left alive, then that townie wins.
What if said "townie" is the last one to die? Would said "townie" also win or not? Post 28 if you're confused.
As if it wasn't bad enough to walk through a slightly radioactive swamp filled with anomalies, the weather is changing too. The clouds turn back and distant thunder announces a coming thunderstorm. ... Or was that the thunder of a beginning Emission? There are no sirens yet from any of the outposts, and heavy rain starts to fall, but who knows. Each thunder strike makes you start and wonder, if it's the next Emission.

Announcement:
I noticed hardly anything is happening. If you don't have anything to talk about, we can happily shorten the Day to get it done with. In other words, there are a few players making a valiant effort to play. But if the activity dies down completely, there's no point in dragging the Day out and an Emission might strike prematurely with only a short warning period.

But since a sudden end of a shortened Day disadvantages Town, I might also try something else first, which can hit anyone. Since I am a mean, evil mod. For each extended period without significant activity, say, a vote or vote change for example, I'll place a vote for one of the less active players on a random target. Of course, that vote can then be unvoted by the player I voted in lieu of to prevent damage. But for that everyone will have to be attentive and participating to catch errant votes. You have been warned!

Vote count

Bookwyrm: 3 - drealmer, GammaEmerald, JMich
drealmer: 1 - trentonlf
cristigale: 1 - Bookwyrm

not currently voting anymore: cristigale
evil or lazy or timid people who placed no serious vote at all: Sage, Dessimu, RWarehall
with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch and Bookwyrm is at L-2

Suddenly a lightning strikes close to you and Dessimu, who had strayed from the group, is almost hit. The discharge throws him off his feet and he lies in the mud for a while. Motionless and stunned. Or did the lightning actually get him? You quickly run over to him to check.

Dessimu: ...
Dessimu, your last post reads '2 days ago' and you did not announce that you would be away. I checked. Therefore return to the game immediately and stop being stunned! Or Bad Things (TM) will happen!
Put me in the "evil" category, but that is independent of my game alliance.

Jelly?
Bookwyrm627: In all fairness, he was the last one to die, and if I'm the last one to die here, then I win.
Sage103082: shaking my head. Really? I thought you came out swinging about being "a loyalist, etc. etc. etc." and now you seem to imply a NS. Are you going to try to claim everything similar to yogs last game? How is that helpful?
Bookwyrm627: Awful quick jump over to NS. Gotta jump past a number of other things to only get there.
Bookwyrm - In regards to throwing shade at Sage, it's the expectation of what "I" typically means when used in the bold portion. Your more recent post, which seems to have prompted JMich's vote, demonstrates it even more boldly. When you intentionally use the word "I" when referring to a win condition, the initial response (at least mine and apparently at least a few other players) is that "I" refers to a single person....and the associated thought is some sort of singular role (NS or SK).

Given that we are playing a rehash of a game where the lone role was a NS, NS was the first thing that popped to my mind when I first read your post quoted above. Therefore, I understand why others might read that as well. It makes sense that Gamma would think SK. SK is probably the most obvious conclusion apart from the former game's context.

Certainly, 'I' can be interpreted in the ways you just presented, but it's not the typical initial reaction or traditional way of reading it. It's falls more in the gray area of using 'I' in that context. So when you say "awful quick jump to NS" that feels like an intentional attempt to throw shade.

Apart from you, I'm getting more leery about Dessi. He's made several pokes, but no analysis. It's starting to feel like his D1 play in drealmer's game.

None of drealmer, trent, sage, or JMich have pinged me. Trent could be scum trying to throw shade with a Sage/I pairing, but trent seems to misread me, so I don't really have anything there. RWarehall is null. I don't know how to read his play this game. I appreciate him adding at least a small read.

I agree that Gamma should post what he lost, too little to read on him otherwise.

Who do you think is scum?

Oh...and I know's there is more of your stuff I need to respond to...
RWarehall: Jelly...
... fish.
I just notice something.

@trent - if you think we have an all girl scum team, why is your vote still on drealmer?
EBWOP:

@Bookwyrm - who do you think is scum (apart from me)?
cristigale: I just notice something.

@trent - if you think we have an all girl scum team, why is your vote still on drealmer?
My vote on drealmer was more a feeler vote and I have not seen anyone else that I particularly want to move my vite to yet. Just because I think we might have an all girl scum team does not mean I am going to vote hop. I do find interesting that only one of you responded to it though.

@bookwyrm, last time I checked a townie needs another townie alive with them to win if there's still a scum player left alive. If someone is the last townie alive and a scum is still alive then the townie loses. So I'm not sure what you are trying to spin with your thought of winning as a townie if you are the last townie alive. The only way that might work is if a non hostile neutral player was still alive with you.
Bookwyrm627: Guess I do need to point out the obvious: if a townie is the only one left alive, then that townie wins.
JMich: What if said "townie" is the last one to die? Would said "townie" also win or not? Post 28 if you're confused.
Why yes, if a townie is the last one to die, then town (including that townie) wins because all hostile-to-town factions are already dead.

Per OP:
"You will even sacrifice your life, if necessary, since nothing less than the fate of the world is at stake.
Win condition: you win, when all dangers to the mission (i.e. all hostile non-town factions) are eliminated."

All (interior) threats to the mission will have been killed. Perhaps the last townie dies trying to escape after completing the mission, but town has already won the game if a townie is the last person left standing (regardless of their eventual death).

If you want an in-game reason for the townie to die, then some sort of delayed death (poisoner or something) has affected the townie, but they've successfully killed the last anti-town first (maybe sk and mafia shot each other, leaving a poisoned townie as the sole survivor for one more Day).

cristigale: it's the expectation of what "I" typically means when used in the bold portion. Your more recent post, which seems to have prompted JMich's vote, demonstrates it even more boldly. When you intentionally use the word "I" when referring to a win condition, the initial response (at least mine and apparently at least a few other players) is that "I" refers to a single person....and the associated thought is some sort of singular role (NS or SK).

Given that we are playing a rehash of a game where the lone role was a NS, NS was the first thing that popped to my mind when I first read your post quoted above. Therefore, I understand why others might read that as well. It makes sense that Gamma would think SK. SK is probably the most obvious conclusion apart from the former game's context.

Certainly, 'I' can be interpreted in the ways you just presented, but it's not the typical initial reaction or traditional way of reading it. It's falls more in the gray area of using 'I' in that context. So when you say "awful quick jump to NS" that feels like an intentional attempt to throw shade.
You're right, and I deliberately phrased it to leave that doubt open to prompt people to do...something. To give them something to respond to, which then allows people to respond to not!me. After this post, I'm going to go check something and I'll report my results.

cristigale: Apart from you, I'm getting more leery about Dessi. He's made several pokes, but no analysis. It's starting to feel like his D1 play in drealmer's game.

None of drealmer, trent, sage, or JMich have pinged me. Trent could be scum trying to throw shade with a Sage/I pairing, but trent seems to misread me, so I don't really have anything there. RWarehall is null. I don't know how to read his play this game. I appreciate him adding at least a small read.

I agree that Gamma should post what he lost, too little to read on him otherwise.

Who do you think is scum?

Oh...and I know's there is more of your stuff I need to respond to...
I can't find what I'm look for so I'm just going to respond.

@Bookwyrm - I asked you if your initial vote was serious because something felt off about it. Your reason for voting drealmer the first time felt forced. I should have phrased it as more open ended question, but I was hoping for some sort of an explanation. It felt like you were trying too hard to find a reason to vote (joke or not).

Also I do remember what I said about my scum play in the last game. If I was scum, I would be aware of it.

If you asked something that I haven't addressed, please let me know.

cristigale: I just notice something.

trentonlf: My vote on drealmer was more a feeler vote and I have not seen anyone else that I particularly want to move my vite to yet. Just because I think we might have an all girl scum team does not mean I am going to vote hop. I do find interesting that only one of you responded to it though.
Any idea how much time elapsed between your post and Sage's post? The time stamp currently indicates an hour...I thought it said the same hour when I first looked.
cristigale: I can't find what I'm look for so I'm just going to respond.

@Bookwyrm - I asked you if your initial vote was serious because something felt off about it. Your reason for voting drealmer the first time felt forced. I should have phrased it as more open ended question, but I was hoping for some sort of an explanation. It felt like you were trying too hard to find a reason to vote (joke or not).

Also I do remember what I said about my scum play in the last game. If I was scum, I would be aware of it.

If you asked something that I haven't addressed, please let me know.

trentonlf: My vote on drealmer was more a feeler vote and I have not seen anyone else that I particularly want to move my vite to yet. Just because I think we might have an all girl scum team does not mean I am going to vote hop. I do find interesting that only one of you responded to it though.
cristigale: Any idea how much time elapsed between your post and Sage's post? The time stamp currently indicates an hour...I thought it said the same hour when I first looked.
I don't know exactly how long it was for sure sorry.
cristigale: Apart from you, I'm getting more leery about Dessi. He's made several pokes, but no analysis. It's starting to feel like his D1 play in drealmer's game.
Near as I can tell, his only contribution that doesn't relate to my play is asking Sage if she's town. Literally. Including my play, he's asked me if I'm scum, drealmer if he's scum, and you if you're scum. You should be able to guess how much I think the answers to those questions (and thus the questions themselves) are worth.

If (generic) you squint and reach really, really far, maybe you could make a case for him being NS based on "We take dat fu**ing radioactive stone to it's place, I get my pay and hopefully I never see any of ya ever again." -> He just wants to get paid and doesn't really care about the mission.

Simply put, the only thing there to read is the utter lack of anything to read.

cristigale: None of drealmer, trent, sage, or JMich have pinged me. Trent could be scum trying to throw shade with a Sage/I pairing, but trent seems to misread me, so I don't really have anything there. RWarehall is null. I don't know how to read his play this game. I appreciate him adding at least a small read.
I've already spoken of JMich being surprisingly willing to vote on what I view as basically nothing. His posts 54 and 82 are him quietly positioning himself to vote me later. He's provided nothing else except asking if I was claiming NS (on Day 1 before anything had really happened) and the actual vote on me. His biggest defense is RW, the guy that says he can only play every 3rd RL day, calling him town.

Trent hasn't expressed anything I haven't already thought, as far as possible scum team. My biggest issue with such a pairing is both (all?) of the scum coming out so fast and together to push on someone. Granted, Sage hasn't actually voted me, so she'd escape notice if one only looked at the wagon votes.

RW has also provided very little with which to make an analysis. He does have something that no one else has, though: an active, verifiable excuse for lurking. He's townread JMich for something which I can't find. Either that's something or its nothing; I can't decide whether it means town!RW is town-reading JMich, scum!RW is adding some cover for scum!JMich, scum!RW is looking for cover by town reading town!JMich, or something else.

Drealmer has decided I'm scum, so that's a free vote for my lynch. I figure nothing short of him cop reading me is going to change his mind if he's town.

cristigale: I agree that Gamma should post what he lost, too little to read on him otherwise.
To me, Gamma is much like JMich, except without any meta for me to look at. They've both voted for weak reasons.

cristigale: Who do you think is scum?
Hard to tell. There's been very little that hasn't been a direct reaction to me, which is going to cloud my judgement. My case on anyone, even you, isn't great. I seriously don't like why you placed your vote, but if not for that you'd be one of the people I'd want to preserve; I'm at the point of "lets kill a lurker, and I don't much care which one". All of my town reads are just as tentative.

Of course, at the rate things are going, it won't be my problem much longer, so I'm not getting too worked up about trying to discern who is scum. The votes are already there for my lynch, so its just a matter of waiting for the deadline warning before I'm dead. Then you guys can do this again on D2, except without anyone trying to start anything.

trentonlf: @bookwyrm, last time I checked a townie needs another townie alive with them to win if there's still a scum player left alive. If someone is the last townie alive and a scum is still alive then the townie loses. So I'm not sure what you are trying to spin with your thought of winning as a townie if you are the last townie alive. The only way that might work is if a non hostile neutral player was still alive with you.
To meet the condition of me being the last person alive, then ALL scum must be dead. If there is any other player besides me alive, then I am not the last person left alive. If it comes down to a single (or more) scum and me, then I'm not going to be the last person left alive. If I'm the last one to die, then the rest of you are already dead, therefore I was the last one left alive, therefore town wins because all scum died before hitting their win condition.
cristigale: @Bookwyrm - I asked you if your initial vote was serious because something felt off about it. Your reason for voting drealmer the first time felt forced. I should have phrased it as more open ended question, but I was hoping for some sort of an explanation. It felt like you were trying too hard to find a reason to vote (joke or not).
"You tell me. Do you think a vote for someone (within the first 40 posts) based on the votee saying "there are no donuts in the Zone" is a serious vote? Better question, can you say that vote is serious and still keep a straight face?"

When I said the above, I thought my answer to your question would be obvious. No, my vote on Drealmer was not serious, because placing a serious vote on someone for saying "there are no donuts in the Zone" is patently absurd. That's not even forced, that's straight up absurd. That someone might take that reason as a serious reason to vote never even crossed my mind. If I wanted a reason to seriously vote Drealmer, all I would have to do is stir him up a little.

If you're asking about the followup vote on Drealmer, which occurred after Lift marked my first vote change as invalid, then I've already explained that too. I re-voted in such a way that there would be no doubt (in my mind, Lift's mind, or anyone else's) about where my vote was placed; I debated whether to bother settling an RVS vote, and my OCD informed me that I would be bugged until I was sure of where my vote lay after the question with the bolded generic unvote (whether it would still be on Sage or whether it would be on no one, depending on how Lift interpreted the unvote example). Drealmer is where I meant to place the RVS vote initially, so I stuck with him.

cristigale: Also I do remember what I said about my scum play in the last game. If I was scum, I would be aware of it.
*shrug* You've stated awareness of it, and you might try to use WIFOM to place the vote and cover yourself.
Bookwyrm627: To meet the condition of me being the last person alive, then ALL scum must be dead. If there is any other player besides me alive, then I am not the last person left alive. If it comes down to a single (or more) scum and me, then I'm not going to be the last person left alive. If I'm the last one to die, then the rest of you are already dead, therefore I was the last one left alive, therefore town wins because all scum died before hitting their win condition.
If you are town it's impossible for you to ever be be last one alive, as in the only player left. There will always be another townie alive with you or a non hostile neutral player. Your logic is flawed stating you can be the last person alive and still win unless you are scum.