It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
lol
New here. Originally wanted to buy the latest Dark Fall game, but when I saw Barrow Hill and its sequel on sale, I had to have it! Love adventure games! Gonna get through this quarantine one way or another!
Hello all.
I am new to this forum and facing issue while playing Dragon Age Origins on my PC.

I was able to play this game before I installed steam. How I can fix it?
Gog reviews:

I have put up two reviews. both need editing. is the re a way to edit a review. I forgot to add a few things on teh second and had to chop off my first review and so left things out.

can I post a second part to a review?

I see Gog galaxy downloader is still a mess. sheesh! I got Freedom Force several years back and remarked that it sucked, and it is still no better. I have to dl from the alternate sites every time. Otherwise, great site. hate not being able to dl the game to my computer and OWN it or have to keep an internet connection or open a downloader site program like steam.
clarkss12: Hello, new here and wanted to say thanks for the great "old" games. I have been playing "outlaws" and now "Far Cry". Awesome.

I am a 72 year old man relieving my youth....... :) (well not really my youth, but my earlier years).
Nice!!
greengoseven: Gog reviews:

I have put up two reviews. both need editing. is the re a way to edit a review. I forgot to add a few things on teh second and had to chop off my first review and so left things out.

can I post a second part to a review?
Currently, the only way to edit an existing review is contacting Support so a staff member will do it for you:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=account&product=gog
I just got this priv message here:
KtH7u2x92SjDX48c13.04.2020, 17:47
Wanna do something fun? Check this out newsroo()minsider.com / vE4x31

edited so its not a clicable link
obvious scam attempt
Post edited April 18, 2020 by staruszek
chaostheory6682: Yeah, thanks for the info but I am more interested in knowing why GOG suppresses content in the forums that isn't favorable for GOG? Such as people complaining about order issues, technical support, customer relations, and so on? I've seen several posts come up missing recently related to these issues. My opinion of GOG is quickly evaporating to zero. They went from a relatively honest game developer/retro game portal to a dishonest mega-corp relatively quickly didn't they?
Surely you jest.
10 years and 40+ games in. I have found them one of the most decent and honorable companies I've ever done business with. The few times I've had technical probs that the forum couldn't solve, GOG tech support did. I've never had an order fulfilment issue. I haven't seen them take down critical posts unless it was a flame. Well-stated crits usually get a personal response. They will take down posts that violate the TOC (it happened to me, and I learned from it).

Free speech doesn't apply here, nor should it. GOG is trying to run a friendly, supportive board for their customers. They are fine with complaints and disagreements, not so much with flames or trollls or general mean behavior. For that, I salute them.
Post edited April 20, 2020 by rabblevox
See that is kinda the issue with censorship. It hides the truth and allows those doing it to claim anything they want. They aren't just removing trolls and flamers, they are removing, and hiding, content that is critical of their company and their practices, as well as issues that make them look bad. I'm surprised this is even still up. And you shouldn't glorify the company, or mislead people as to what they should expect from from them when it comes down to getting help with issues they may encounter.

A fine example is my recent run in with technical support. I had to wait well over a month for technical help on a simple issue. An issue that could be resolved in an instant yet was completely neccessary for me to even use the platform. That is how bad their system is and how little they seem to care about actually helping their customers. They won't even hire enough people to assist customers in a timely fashion. And when you do get help it is 50/50 if they actually help you at all -- plenty of people try to complain about that and get bullied off of forums for doing so. That is the honest truth here and it has completely changed my opinion of their company.

One thing we can agree on is that the forum can be a helpful place and the people here great. It would seem that the bad actors are company reps who think it is alright to behave in the manner I mentioned. I've seen it happen multiple times over the years, with legitimate posts asking for help or pointing out issues just getting ghosted or axed for no reason other than they weren't favorable. Still there a lot of the time but completely invisible if you did have a direct link to it. Any company that does that can't be, as you say, honorable.

And I think that people have a right to be warned of that, if they do encounter an issue that requires them to have to contact the company, they should expect to get one of the worst experiences of their lives. Hands down. I know, I've experienced it. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your input, and have a nice day.
I want to play Descent the old Origin game. Is there any way of playing any demos on this site? How do I know I won't be ripped off?

Are there any admins here?
Post edited April 20, 2020 by Marcus_Brent
Marcus_Brent: I want to play Descent the old Origin game. Is there any way of playing any demos on this site? How do I know I won't be ripped off?

Are there any admins here?
The store page would state if it was a demo, usually in the title, or if a demo was available (usually). And there are a few of them on the site but not many. And far as whether or not you will get ripped off? That is a matter of perspective, I guess. If you buy a game you will get it, you will be able to download it, but there are no guarantees that it will work well or that the game will be good. And if you have to contact technical support for help, good luck because you will be waiting for several weeks to get anywhere and chances are they will not be able to resolve the issue. The forums are a good place for some answers but that is also hit and miss.

It is worth it to research a game that you want but aren't sure of to make sure that it runs on your operating system and is something you will like. Reviews, although terrible for whether a game will be good or not, are usually very good at informing people about issues with stability and crashing (or not working). They have a return policy in place, also, so look that up and see if it works for you.
i bought a game (setlers 3) it requires a serial number that i cant find anywhere. any ideas?
djwrath69: i bought a game (setlers 3) it requires a serial number that i cant find anywhere. any ideas?
I don't have that particular game but the way it usually works with GOG is:

Go to your library: https://www.gog.com/account

Click on the game, then on "More". A menu drops down, select "Serial keys" or something similar, and voilà, there it is.
Post edited April 26, 2020 by ConsulCaesar
djwrath69: i bought a game (setlers 3) it requires a serial number that i cant find anywhere. any ideas?
Is your game now working after entering the serial number? I enter the code wrong 3 times and now I can enter the right one I must wait 24 hours.
Hi, guys! I really want to know the post of the winner of rtx 2080 cyberpunk 2077. But I can't find him by his nickname...how do I do this?