It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm really not familiar with the Phil Fish person, but, for all the drama seeking and statements making implied in this thread, why is the Fez removal not accompanied with some strongly worded, unambiguous statement somewhere ?

Isn't that how the character is supposed to proceed, when he means to make a point ?
low rated
liquidsnakehpks: We all know why this is getting removed and let me tell you this is not the last of this , gog made a huge mistake putting out that apology and calling out the group as hate , wait and see more of the drama unfold , of course we gog members will never get a official word from gog unlike resetera and reddit.....
What's wrong with your brain? Seriously, go have an fMRI or something.

If Fez is indeed getting removed because of the erroneous tweet in support of a hate group, then of course the lesson is that GOG needs to make a louder statement of supporting social justice -- make a donation to UCLA, hire a customer relations person who's conversant in social justice issues to vet public communications, etc.

(This is not to say GOG *should* actually go ahead and do it, just to point out your post's logic is literally underpants gnomes. Go get checked.)
high rated
liquidsnakehpks: We all know why this is getting removed and let me tell you this is not the last of this , gog made a huge mistake putting out that apology and calling out the group as hate , wait and see more of the drama unfold , of course we gog members will never get a official word from gog unlike resetera and reddit.....
Starmaker: What's wrong with your brain? Seriously, go have an fMRI or something.
Is this really necessary? Don't you know other ways to express concepts without using insults?
Wasn't a "what you are saying sounds really absurd to me" just enough to convey the message?

You should really calm down. You can't be THAT aggressive every time for things of nearly no importance.
HiPhish: EDIT: Besides, I doubt he was making much from GOG sales either, the game has been in so many Humble Bundles that anyone who wanted it already has it. I have like five or so copies even though I didn't want to have it at all.
It's on rank 336 of GOG's bestselling games and among the top 50 when it comes to bestselling indie games. So I would say it sold quite well over the years.
While Phil Fish would be crazy enough to pull such a stunt I am not convinced he has anything to do with it, didn't he cut all ties with gaming and Fez devs years ago ?

Also I am not convinced that it's related to the Postal incident; usually with those type of silly virtue signaling stunt the "signaling" part is the most important and you would have devs/publishers bragging about it on Twitter by now; so I suspect it's probably being removed for some unrelated others reasons.
What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FEZ and gog.com always belonged together. It has been here for like 5 or so years already!

Its a brilliant game, too. A true benchmark of what Indie games can be.

It makes no sense to remove it now to be honest.

EDIT: This game really is good, I recommend buying it even at full price. Watch a youtube playthrough for 10 minutes if you aren't sure.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by Dray2k
We can still buy it DRM-free at itch.io
...and on Humble.

Though I guess it's possible that they've just not notified us of its removal.
Darvond: It isn't clear what occurred, especially considering Fez is being pulled from Steam as well.
RWarehall: Is it? Source? I wouldn't be surprised is Phil Fish as on record complaining about the cuts both Steam and GoG take, but I see nothing on Steam about it.
Wouldn't surprise me if he pulled it from sale everywhere because of a tweet. This is the same guy who wished he could destroy all videogames everywhere. He seems to harbor a lot of hate for humanity in general, a true misanthropist.
It's any good?

Anyway, good to know.
But... the PC port is literally the best version of the game? And the developer (NOT talking about Phill Fish) was super responsive to bug reports and polishing up the port, giving me the impression that he was a nice dude.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by Franpa
Linko90: Hello everybody,
Per request from the Polytron Corporation, FEZ will be unavailable for sale on GOG.COM starting on July 25, 4 PM UTC. If you own FEZ on GOG.COM by that date, you'll retain access to it in your library.
fronzelneekburm: I'm getting downvoted over this, so some serious talk now: I'd like some kind of statement from someone at Polytron. I'd like some conclisive confirmation, that this game is in fact NOT getting pulled over a fairly innocuous tweet gog made on an entirely unrelated game, a tweet that gog has both taken down and apologised for.

Am I reading too much into this? Or are the people at Polytron really THAT incredibly petty?
You know, that's a VERY good question. Fish is exactly the kind of person who would do that if news of the removed tweet reached him.
low rated
AgentBJ09: -
It would be nice if you could talk about a different topic. You're behaving like a broken record.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
By the way peeps, didn't Fish leave Polytron? Can he really have a say about it? I'm not sure.
Enebias: By the way peeps, didn't Fish leave Polytron? Can he really have a say about it? I'm not sure.
He owns Polytron Corporation. He stated that it was for sale but there were no indications he ever sold it. He still owns it as far as anybody can tell.