It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

d3adb01t: Is the game worth getting or are their similar enough games out there?
Any of the Paper Mario games.
I know that Fez is a solid game, but it just never connected with me. Still, it is good that some Goggers had fun with it.
fronzelneekburm: I'm getting downvoted over this, so some serious talk now: I'd like some kind of statement from someone at Polytron. I'd like some conclisive confirmation, that this game is in fact NOT getting pulled over a fairly innocuous tweet gog made on an entirely unrelated game, a tweet that gog has both taken down and apologised for.

Am I reading too much into this? Or are the people at Polytron really THAT incredibly petty?
Dude's a absolute mental headcase. He had a reputation of that in various circles in Toronto and Montreal before he started working to make Fez. If you need an example, see his response to a person while at a wedding who was sexually assaulted by another guest. Haven't started on the gamergate stuff, that's a whole new season.

He's also got a long history of being engaged in some very shady funding and astroturfing reward shows to payback some...interesting investors. Who were also judges and funders of his game. (See IGF and inidecade leaks)

Simply put? Guy flips out at nothing, instead of ignoring the past, wallows in it believing it to be the great white whale that will relauch him to indiefame and monies by saying the right things, and screeching at the wrong people(while cutting off sources of income). Hilarious for drama......and that's about it.
Hitchno: -snip-
From having watched the same video that KasperHviid kindly posted on the previous page, parts of this are the conclusion I came to.

A: Yes, he was a head case.

B: A lot of the drama was constructed.

C: He helped himself to fan the flames, thinking it'd stay simple, in spite of his internet celebrity status, I seem to presume.
PoppyAppletree: You'd prefer not to get PhilF over your precious games? :P
Fenixblade33: Got a laugh out of me.

StingingVelvet: I certainly hope it wasn't because of the tweet. That would be rather pathetic, especially since GOG removed it and apologized (plus it was probably some marketing intern that posted it anyway). If they removed the game because of that... good lord, talk about crazy.
Fenixblade33: I think it might well be. Phil Fish was a somewhat notable figure involved during the Gamergate controversy. Maybe he saw the backlash and thought ill of GoG's audience or consumerbase, probably thought there were too many "nasty gamergaters" or something along those lines.
That's my speculation at least. I don't know if that is necessarily the reason but I'm willing to stake money on the fact of it having to do with recent events at the very least.
Edit:
For reference, here's some of Phil Fish's notable actions when he either doesn't like someone's opinions, viewpoints, or feels they don't go far enough in attacking people he doesn't like or just flat out calling gamers and his customers garbage:
https://archive.fo/A4lCq
https://archive.fo/hjXEr
https://archive.fo/510Ma
https://archive.fo/UPiFW
https://archive.fo/RfQJA
And here's something exceptionally sketchy from him:
https://archive.fo/9FYNy
A game developer calling his customer base "not people" & "shit"? With such an unpleasant individual it would not surprise me if gog could be actually happy to not be associated with him anymore.
So did Phil Fish get butthurt on twitter again?
Crosmando: So did Phil Fish get butthurt on twitter again?
It isn't clear what occurred, especially considering Fez is being pulled from Steam as well.
Darvond: It isn't clear what occurred, especially considering Fez is being pulled from Steam as well.
Is it? Source? I wouldn't be surprised is Phil Fish as on record complaining about the cuts both Steam and GoG take, but I see nothing on Steam about it.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by RWarehall
RWarehall: Is it? Source? I wouldn't be surprised is Phil Fish as on record complaining about the cuts both Steam and GoG take, but I see nothing on Steam about it.
Nothing but rumors on the wind, I'm afraid as of yet.
fronzelneekburm: Am I reading too much into this? Or are the people at Polytron really THAT incredibly petty?
Pro(re)gressives often really are THAT petty.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by ReynardFox
yogsloth: Oh, this is the Phil Fish game.

Do I want to spend ten bucks to add this legacy to my collection? For the lulz?
amok: it is actually a very good game
I found it a pleasant, peaceful kind of game (what little I've played of it, apparently it gets tougher later?). The kind of game you can zone out and relax while playing. No regrets about buying it (even though I bought it prior to hearing about the car crash that is Mr. Fish).

But as other people have said, it's not particularly original.
I don't like platformers anyway.
We all know why this is getting removed and let me tell you this is not the last of this , gog made a huge mistake putting out that apology and calling out the group as hate , wait and see more of the drama unfold , of course we gog members will never get a official word from gog unlike resetera and reddit.....
liquidsnakehpks: We all know why this is getting removed and let me tell you this is not the last of this
I doubt it, it's just Fish who is a drama queen. Remember when he stomped his feet and announced that Fez 2 was cancelled because apparently people didn't deserve it? As if he ever had any intention of making a second game.

EDIT: Besides, I doubt he was making much from GOG sales either, the game has been in so many Humble Bundles that anyone who wanted it already has it. I have like five or so copies even though I didn't want to have it at all.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by HiPhish
I bought mine some time ago, and as long as they don't start releasing new patches, maybe for a release on the Nintendo Switch, I'll be happy with my DRM-Free copy. Though it's weird they're removing it, considering it doesn't cost them anything to just keep it on GOG. Could this be a hint at a possible new content patch?
Post edited July 24, 2018 by MadalinStroe