It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gun Metal

I've played a lot of flight games in my time but never had I heard of one where you can transform at will from a walking mech tank to a super sonic jet. Thanks GOG for introducing me to this unknown game. :)
While not a good old game, Fight'n Rage was a really good suprise, enjoyed the heck out of it.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I was super impressed by King's Bounty: The Legend.
Played a few years ago, after some recomendation here in the forum and despite all the cringe dialog (wich I'm sure some jokes have been lost in the translation) still a fun game most of the time.
I think Armored Pricess/Crossworlds is a big improvement over The Legend, between numerous improvements I would dare to say that the ability to hire higher level units earlier in the game makes it a lot more fun (and a ton of ways to cheese it).
Post edited June 05, 2023 by Dark_art_
Quake, I guess, if the Enhanced version counts? Never played it back in the days, got it on GOG a few years ago when it was released here, then read that the music was missing and tried to patch it in again, only to find out I did not really like the game. I always thought it kind of sucked compared to Doom. Then, after playing through HROT recently - which I loved - and looking for more retro FPS fun, I noticed that GOG had added Quake Enhanced to my old Quake purchase. I gave it a try and this way not only did I find out that it was the direct inspiration for HROT and played almost identically, but also that I now liked it, too. Turns out it was just performance issues, lack of music and outdated controls in the old version here on GOG that made me think I could not enjoy Quake. The Enhanced version plays and looks great though (well, apart from the awful, completely pointless, low quality achievement pop-ins that don't fit the style of the game at all - what were they thinking?).
Post edited June 05, 2023 by Leroux
Hey,

Terraria
Diablo + Hellfire
FATE: The Complete Adventure
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Didn't get A Chance to try Them yet, But I wish I will do .

Thanks .
Freedom Planet - While the game was already available on GOG for a while, it wasn't until sometime last year did I get around to buying/playing it. While there are some noticeable inspiration of the Sonic games, it also takes inspiration from other 90s platformers. Additionally, I was surprised by the presence of voice acting.

Trails of Cold Steel 2 - The Kiseki series, along with Persona, revived my interest in JRPGs. Trails of Cold Steel 2 is the latest one finished. I'm currently playing Trails of Zero, since the Crossbell duology were only available recently, and still too early in the game to give an opinion.

System Shock 2 - I was curious about this game, having played Bioshock on PS3, a long time ago. Like Bishock, this is outside what I usually play. Aside from from end-game areas, I enjoyed the game.
McGuuffin: Does Jack Orlando run properly?
It's been a while since I played it, but I don't recall any problems with it.

Of course, the game has dead-ends and other such situations, but those are there by design.
Stasis. I bought it soon after release on the off chance I'd like it. Never installed it until now with the sequel and I love how this game looks and feels.
PixelBoy:
Thank you Pixcel, been wanting to get the game.
tfishell: edit: I'm mainly curious about older games someone took a chance on (maybe had heard the title before but didn't know a lot about and maybe picked up on sale) and ended up really enjoying.

As the title says, I'm just curious what your favorite older (5+ years) games you discovered via GOG in 2022 and 2023. I'll be honest in that I don't play many games myself, but I am playing Tomb Raider Legend for the first time and having a decent time with it. (At a sale price of just $1 I can't complain.)
I enjoyed playing Tomb Raidor Anniversary this year, which is meant to use the same engine. Tomb Raidor Underworld also has the same engine I believe. You really can't go wrong for the prices on sale

I tried to play the original Tomb Raidor 1 and 2 but I couldn't get my head around the tank controls

I also played half of the Tomb Raidor 2012 a couple of years ago, which is really good but a little different
Arcanum
I always was curious about this legendary RPG, so I decided to give it a try (with Unofficial Arcanum Patch).

Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
I have 6 CD version, but Enhanced Edition is so much easier to install, play and enjoy.

Torchlight 2
I have played first Torchlight game, but second one is so much better.

Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun
It was free on GOG, so I tried it and loved it. A must have for "Commandos" game series fans.
I got Titan Quest for free in 2017, but did not try it until 2022. This has been a very good surprise, the best hack'n slash I played since Diablo 2. And one of the very few games I played through completion (of the base game, not including the extra act added by the first expansion).

So in 2023 I decided to try the next hack'n slash by the same developers: Grim Dawn. I am having lots of fun with this one, it is basically a better Titan Quest in an universe similar to the one of Victor Vran.

The only downside is that I lost the will to go back to Torchlight 2 ;)