It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fear, disgust, horror and panic. These strong emotions are an essential part of who we are. And while some try to avoid them at all cost, we know that gamers with strong nerves are absolutely thrilled to experience them while playing!

For the latter, we’ve prepared something special. Are you ready for your blood to freeze? For your hair to curl and your skin riddled with goosebumps? Regarding your answer, prepare for it, because Scorn - an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry and one of the most anticipated games of 2022 is available now on GOG.

But you didn’t expect us to stop there, did you? Alongside Scorn, we are launching our special Gore Weekend sale packed with more than 60 titles (and that’s not counting DLC, Bundles and various editions) that will keep you up all night during this weekend. This promotion lasts until October 17th, 10 PM UTC.

Before you deep dive into the ocean of fear and horror of those titles, let’s explore what is the cause of the terror we feel while playing them. We’ve chosen 7 themes that can be found in the Gore Weekend that we believe are truly frightening.

1. F.E.A.R and its paranormal activities

We fear what we do not understand. Sometimes it is not a blood splash and flesh ripping images that makes us want to crawl under the bed and hide. Often it is more this tingling sense of unseen danger, feeling that we can be hurt but can’t quite comprehend how and by what. Great examples of that can be experienced in cult series of first-person horror shooters F.E.A.R - most notably original F.E.A.R and [url=https://www.gog.com/game/fear_2_project_origin_reborn]F.E.A.R 2.[/url]

Paranormal and mysterious massacres, supernatural menaces, secret experiments, dark pasts and a sense of constant, hidden danger breathing on our necks - it's all there, and it's absolutely awesome! F.E.A.R became a sensation not without a reason, and now you can remind yourself or experience for the first time why with a special -85% discount on F.E.A.R Platinum and -75% on F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin + Reborn.

2. Amnesia: The Dark Descent and falling into madness

The last remaining memories fade away into darkness. Your mind is a mess and only a feeling of being hunted remains. You must escape. Awake... You stumble through the narrow corridors as the distant cry is heard. It is getting closer. Explore... A sound of dragging feet? Or is your mind playing tricks on you? Experience... Something emerges out of the darkness. It's approaching. Fast. Survive... Did all of it happen? Or was it just my twisted imagination?

Slowly losing your mind while being trapped in an unknown hostile environment sounds like one of the worst nightmares… or one of the best horror game experiences if we are talking about Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

A true phenomenon of a game, where as you explore the eerie pathways, you'll take part in the main character’s most troubled memories. The horror doesn't just come from the outside, but from the inside as well. This first person survival horror launches you into a disturbing odyssey, exploring dark corners of the human psyche. A game about immersion, discovery, and living through a nightmare and an experience that will chill you to the core. Can’t go wrong with that, especially on a -80% sale.

3. Outlast series with mental asylums and murdering cults

If abandoned asylum, brimming with deranged patients and the mutilated corpses of the staff that previously worked there, aren’t places that scares you, we truly don’t know what does. But if you throw a schizoaffective priest and a bizarre, enormous creature roaming the place into the mix, you got yourself an original Outlast game! And if that's not enough how about investigating the murder of a young pregnant woman and discovering that a self-proclaimed prophet is hunting another woman thinking that she is about to born the antichrist? Now that my friends would be the terrifying story of the sequel [url=https://www.gog.com/game/outlast_2]Outlast 2[/url]. Jump in the skin of journalists experiencing all of this, as all available entries in this first-person survival horror series are now -85%.

4. POSTAL and being a murderous psychopath

Now this one has a little twist, because WE are the ones that should be feared. It all started with The Dude and his incredible quest to buy some milk. Then, hilarity ensued. Fighting cops, setting people aflame, desecrating everything and everyone and unleashing overall mindless mayhem is POSTAL’s bread and butter.

Both POSTAL 2 and POSTAL 4: No Regerts are satirical, outrageous and comedic open world (or semi-open in the case of the POSTAL 2) first person shooters where being a murderous jackass with obvious serious mental problems is its core. And while these games are insanely fun to play, we had to put them on the list because imagine being one of those poor NPCs. There’s no doubt that a person as crazy as the main character is very scary.

5. Dying Light with terrifying nights full of zombies

Fear of the dark is no joke and probably one of the most encountered in human psychology. In the dark, our visual sense vanishes, and we are unable to detect who or what is around us. And what’s one of the most common horror themes in pop culture? That’s right, brain-eating, limbless, rotting zombies.

When you combine those two the results can be absolutely horrifying and a great example of that is the Night Time mechanism in Dying Light. The whole world of this action survival game set in a post-apocalyptic city devastated by a mysterious virus and flesh-hungry zombies is dark and keeps you on the edge. But it’s the Night Time that really gives us the creeps.

As a namesake feature to Dying Light, Night is a time period ingame which naturally sees city of Harran become very dark, very quiet (regarding ambient noise, not including noises made by the infected) and given the night-only infected that come out in the open, makes all outside areas of the city far more dangerous than the daytime. If you are brave enough you can try your luck and see how long you can survive with a -75% discount on Definitive Edition.

6. Vampyr with guess what…

Vampires! But it’s more complicated that only being a blood-sucking, nocturnal creature that feeds on other people’s body fluids (but it does sound disgusting and scary). In Vampyr you are newly-turned Jonathan Reid. A doctor, who must find a cure to save the city’s flu-ravaged citizens. What’s really terrifying in this RPG horror is the idea of being the bearer of the curse that now consumes the blood of those he vowed to heal. The inner struggle of embracing or fighting the monster within and the weight of living with the consequences of our decisions (not mentioning all the unholy powers that we use).

Whether you decide to save London or doom it, you can now do it with a -80% discount.

7. Scorn with nightmares beyond human comprehension

And it all comes down to this. Scorn design around the idea of being isolated and lost inside a dream-like world filled with different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion within an unsettling environment that is a character itself is absolutely terrifying.

You will experience extreme immersion being aware of the character’s body and movement while interacting with the world in a realistic way. From the uncomfortably crunchy, squishy gore and mist-filled locations, through weapons that snap and squelch with uncomfortable aplomb during use, to the enemies themselves that either lack a face entirely or resemble horrendously massive, shambling phalluses - Scorn’s visual style is delightfully horrible and sleep murdering.

This first-person biopunk survival horror adventure is heavily inspired by the grimly surrealist works of Swiss artist H.R. Giger and Polish dystopian painter Zdzisław Beksiński. And that means the games’ extreme violence, blood and gore (including mutilation and torture) will merge with nightmarish, disturbing, puzzle-like imaginary.

If you truly think you got what it takes to tackle this title, get it now on GOG with -10% discount on both and [url=https://www.gog.com/game/scorn_deluxe_edition]Deluxe Edition. This deal lasts until November 1st, 2 PM UTC.

And if you wanna play it after seeing some of its horrors, check out our Twitch Channel on Sunday, October 16th, 5 PM UTC, where DarkSaber2k will stream Scorn showing its dark beauty.
Tarhiel: BY the way GOG, F.E.A.R 3 when? :)
I would prefer to see the original Prey in here instead .
I think for the moment I'll keep SCORN on my wishlist. I heard the game is not that long and if that's true then I'll wait until the discount for the Deluxe Edition is better.

fronzelneekburm: For the love of Christ, gog, RELEASE LOST IN VIVO HERE THIS HALLOWEEN!

I can say for a fact that it's scarier than 95% of games in this sale. Plus it should be fairly easy to get the dev to agree to releasing here, considering Lost in Vivo is one of those cases where a developer sent in a game for approval and never heard back.
Amen to that.
Al Gore Weekend
Tarhiel: BY the way GOG, F.E.A.R 3 when? :)
DD & Ji Ji: I would prefer to see the original Prey in here instead .
I wouldn´t mind that one either ;)
I know these games will not run on my potato machine , but why they are not on sale ?

Agony
Conarium
Lust from Beyond: M Edition
Succubus
Transient
and
Remothered: Broken Porcelain
Post edited October 14, 2022 by DD & Ji Ji
fronzelneekburm: RELEASE LOST IN VIVO
agreed.

My other Halloween ideas have been

DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark
Remorse: The List
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
Night at the Gates of Hell, Murder House, and other Puppet Combo games
Night Trap - 25th Anniversary Edition

and I'm sure there are others even higher up on the community wishlist but these are what has been stuck in my brain
Post edited October 14, 2022 by tfishell
tfishell: White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
Can't vouch for the other ones as I haven't played them, but White Day is absolutely brilliant! The original game pioneered a lot of Amnesia's gameplay mechanics almost a decade before Amnesia came out (and added a fairly complex choose your own adventure dialogue system that quite drastically impacted the way the story would unfold, something I haven't seen in any of these Amnesia-style horror adventures since). Despite the lukewarm reception, the remake ended up being pretty decent! Would definitely be an instabuy, if it were to show up here. The main reason I didn't bring White Day up is because I figured the Korean dev might be so enamored with their DRM that they simply refuse to release on gog - probably has something to do with the original game being heavily pirated back in the day.
Sale page makes sale unbuyable.

I fail to see what the aversion is to a simple list.
Scorn : as i see from the walkthroughs on youtube the game can be completed under 3 hours .
^ Right, plus forced cutscenes and terrible savepoints...

I'm going to skip Scorn for now until it gets a price reduction.
Postal 1 was Free last time I checked, played Postal 2 and it was Fun! Worth buying!
Decided to replay Metro: Exodus, I remember disliking the gameplay during certain missions as the devs force you to play in a certain way if you want the good ending, but man, everytime someone opens their mouth in that game I want to tape it shut. How did I forget about these unbearable characters? :P