It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
high rated
i_hope_you_rot: What's so special about that fucking multiplayer feature ?
Wait, there's fucking in the multiplayer? I was led to believe it's more conventional.
i_hope_you_rot: What's so special about that fucking multiplayer feature ?
fucking single-player causes blindness and hairy palms.
I'd laugh my ass off if gog turned round to those demanding a refund be done NOW!!!!! rather than simply requesting one while waiting patiently and simply said "sorry no refunds for whiny children until you get over yourself"

Did they have to offer refunds? No

Are they going to take a financial hit by doing this? Small hit but yes.
paladin181: Wait, there's fucking in the multiplayer? I was led to believe it's more conventional.
tinyE: fucking single-player causes blindness and hairy palms.
* laughs*
Thanks for this chance GOG, very generous move
@GoG Mad love for the semi-refunds! I being one of the more vocal proponents really want to thank you for letting us escape(kind-of) this messed up situation. Fuck Hello Games for this shit. <3 GoG <3

Expect more of my $$$.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by uchigatana203
Awesome.
I wouldn't refund it, I don't think is fair to you, but it's very generous either way.
Thank you.
Could you guys tell us if there's going to crossplay with Steam? If nobody at GOG knows then you could ask HelloGames about that? Pretty sure they should be able to answer that much.

Also what's the DRM status in this game exactly because as far I can see, the game isn't DRM-free since online features require GOG Galaxy whilst logged into an account that owns No Man's Sky. I don't know what you guys call that but I would call that DRM-freeless. And does the multiplayer portion going to require GOG Galaxy connected to an account with the game purcahsed?

It's nice of you to offe a refund but I'm telling you right now that there's almost certainly going to be another shit storm once multiplayer is implemented but people find out that it's not going to be DRM-free.

So as it stands I'm considering getting a refund not just for the delay but for the fact that the game isn't DRM-free.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by paukku
geo2087: Well I paid with my card (more specifically with PayPal), so I would expect the refund to be sent there, not in their own back yard. The point of this refund everyone asked for is for us to move over to Steam, using the same money. What use would money in my GOG wallet be if I don't expect to buy anything else from them?!
You can use the wallet funds to buy the GOG version, show your proof of purchase to Hello Games, and ask them for a free Steam key. Easy!
Post edited July 25, 2018 by timppu
low rated
While its nice to see GOG step up and offer refunds ( really its HG responsibility and they should be offering free steam keys to us) I'm very disappointed to see that its funds back to wallet only.

The problem with this is that due to recent events ( postal 2 tweet and then its dumb apology) and poor NMS communication I had decided not to use GOG any more. So getting funds in a wallet for a service I no longer wish to use is quite ironic.

Its especially galling since i'll have to actually spend more money to go and buy this on Steam now, though luckily they have it on sale.

I debated whether or not to go for the refund, but in the end I decided to bite the bullet for simple fact that I no longer have any faith in either HG or GOG to fully support NMS in the future. We never got the Atlas MP so i'm not convinced we'll get the proper MP either and who knows what features in the future we might also miss.

Its a real shame that this turn of events have in my eyes seriously hurt both what used to be a great game store and a game developer ( even more than their stupid hype machine cost them at launch). There should have been far better communication on both sides and HG should have ensured feature parity from the get go for GOG.
paukku: It's nice of you to offe a refund but I'm telling you right now that there's almost certainly going to be another shit storm once multiplayer is implemented but people find out that it's not going to be DRM-free.
No there won't because most people don't consider it DRM. GOG's DRM Free stance has primarly always applied to single player. Before Galaxy, many games required cd keys or third party accounts ot play online.

This is nothing new. A lot of games require Galaxy now to play online. Before that, they simply release without MP on GOG if they released at all. Developers are to depended on API's & infastructure offered by Steamwoks to create their own, GOG's only response was to offer something similar.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by BKGaming
I do not own the game, but that's really a customer friendly way to solve this problem. Well done, GOG!

I still hope that Hello Games will deliver the multiplayer mode as promised and maybe even implement it so that it is usable on a LAN too. ;)
Post edited July 25, 2018 by eiii
noisecrime: The problem with this is that due to recent events ( postal 2 tweet and then its dumb apology) and poor NMS communication I had decided not to use GOG any more. So getting funds in a wallet for a service I no longer wish to use is quite ironic.
It is quite pragmatic and logical. Since you say you are not going to buy anything from GOG anymore even if you got a full refund (not GOG wallet funds)... then it doesn't really matter to GOG how they refund to you, does it? After all, either way you have decided to boycott GOG from here to eternity, and beyond.

I guess it makes more sense for GOG to try to please other people who are going to buy GOG games also in the future, doesn't it? You are not their core audience, sorry!

As for me, this makes me even more convinced GOG are the so-called good guys who'll bend backwards for their customers and listen to them, so I might even buy NMS for a full price, right here right now! No questions asked and strings attached, going in commando! Good thing I don't care about the multiplayer part.

EDIT: Aaand... done! I didn't even realize it was on sale, so I didn't even have to pay the full price as I promised. I had it wishlisted on GOG, and now I am a proud owner of NMS, finally.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by timppu
Okay, now I'm definitely moving over 100% to GOG. I bought the game on Steam, but I should've bought it here. I wouldn't have requested a refund anyway, but GOG deserves my money a lot more.

However, I do not understand what the fuss is about. There is no MP when the update was released, it's only delayed, right? So it'll still get MP later this year. Why would you go through all that effort to get a refund here, be disappointed that you only get wallet funds, then pay for the game again on Steam just for MP and spend the wallet funds on another game? You pay twice the money (albeit discounted) for something that will still be available here, but just later.

Why does no-one seem to remember that patience is a virtue?