It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
SStoj: So store credit is not lawful, I want my money back in the form I paid it, PayPal refund.
timppu: Then I guess you need to reject this refund offer from GOG (ie. not take it), and try to raise your refund issue separately. You should probably also hire an Australian lawyer.

Maybe more games should be region-locked from Australians so we would have less of these kind of issues?
Really? Maybe developers should be able to be held responsible for falsely advertising their games rather than having the storefront take the brunt of it.
Holy smokes, they actually did it. I got the full $60 back as store credit. All that remains in my library is the orphaned preorder ship DLC.

It's not total penance for GOG turning down Mushihimesama, but it's a start!

The ironic thing is, I'm probably going to spend the credit on the dumpster fire port of Ys VIII.
First I've come to GoG mostly for one or two oldies.
Then I started to buy a (very few) games here no to be entirely tied to Steam.
I am starting to think I may be actually buying quite more games here. I think this is excellent customer care.
timppu: Then I guess you need to reject this refund offer from GOG (ie. not take it), and try to raise your refund issue separately. You should probably also hire an Australian lawyer.

Maybe more games should be region-locked from Australians so we would have less of these kind of issues?
Flammablezeus: Really? Maybe developers should be able to be held responsible for falsely advertising their games rather than having the storefront take the brunt of it.
Not sure if SStoj was going to demand a full refund (in Australian Djingos) directly from the publisher, or the storefront (GOG.com).
Thanks GOG.

I bought NMS for single player - I never play multiplayer games. In fact, I was annoyed that there was no way of telling the game not to go online (since I didn't want to download data from other people's games). It should always be an option to play fully offline. In my case I installed TinyWall, which blocks all outbound traffic apart from a few whitelisted items (browser, email etc) - the way that I had always (falsely) assumed Windows Firewall worked. It was NMS that led em to discover that Windows Firewall blocks no outbound traffic, which is why it's so rubbish. Anyway, with TinyWall, NMS could no longer contact the outside world or download crud.

And then I found that I disliked the game. The UI is awful (particularly the way sometimes you tap a key, sometimes have to hold it, for no obvious reason). The game was boring for me. It was nothing like the exciting trailer.

I won't be claiming this refund offer for two reasons. 1. I don't want to see GOG out of pocket. 2. It would look like I am refunding because I am upset with delayed multiplayer, when in reality I won't ever be using multiplayer anyway. So I'll keep the game, and probably give it another go one day (it lasted two days on my last install, only one day on the first - maybe it will break three days on the third?) So even though I am going to keep the game I still applaud GOG being generous about it for those that do have interest in it as a multiplayer game.

As an aside, funny fact - for the first time ever, I bought nothing in the Steam Summer Sale this year. Yet I spent more than ever in GOG's. DRM-free has become more and more important to me, and I now find it hard to buy any game with even limited DRM unless it is almost free, yet I buy games from GOG at full price in some cases. DRM-free is why I love GOG. I may dislike some of GOG's moves, and I don't use Galaxy or profiles at all, but I'm still switching to GOG being my only source of new games. Keep up the good work.
Thought about it, but it's on Hello Games to make things right - GOG doesn't deserve to lose money on this. I guess I'll see how that "multiplayer later in the year" turns out.
This is the right move. Good show.
Brave move GOG, you should refrain from working with Hello games, they lied more times than they put out games. GOG shall always be my first choice when buying games
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Zyenu
Zyenu: Brave move GOG, you should refrain from working with Hello games, they lied more times than they put out games. GOG shall always be my first choice when buying games
This is a good reply i agree with that 100% .

Anyway there is a simple way for the players who complained about the game:

dont buy games > 25 euros or USD
buy games at an average price of 9.99 to 16.99 , this way the damage done will reduce a lot, also be carefull from what developer/publisher you buy, and i am refering to the games, the people that create the game , not GOG cause GOG cant helpt it if developers/publisher mess things up.

So hats off to GOG for the nice offer and ? to nasty publishers who don't deliver :D
Without having a horse in this race (I'm not really interested in NMS), and after only having read the first 50 comments, I will offer my two cents:

People should be grateful, that GOG is compensating them for a game, at all, that most already have for quite some time, and probably even don't play anymore.

People who complain, that they "only" get a refund to their GOG-wallet, should ask themselves what their reason was, to buy the game here on GOG in the first place?

Is this the only game you ever bought here? Are you planning to never buy a game here, again? If so - why?

In case GOG bows to the whiners and complainers (as they unfortunately have done in the past) and offers those who want them, PayPal refunds, etc. "to buy it again at Steam" - they should "only" refund the actual market price.

I believe its prise is 50% off at this time - so give them 50% of their investment back - after all, they still have the DRM-free GOG version on their HDDs - and GOG is in no way oblieged to pay back a single cent.

And it saves GOG a lot of money.

Now...pour your hate over me. XD
low rated
Don't forget, people, Hello Games have already come under investigation for false advertising. Making and reneging on the same promise TWICE is a hell of a ballsy move. Maybe they'll fix it in a year, but that's a whole year the money they took from deceived customers is earning interest. This was a business decision on GOG's part.

Maybe GOG should stop doing business with unscrupulous companies like Hello Games and more business with companies like Degica!
ygat: Although i haven't buy No Man Sky (I don't think I will support Hello Games in future...), it is good to hear publisher could change its policy to help gamer. I would keep supporting gog.com. ^_^
Same here, GOG made a nice offer.
As for nasty publishers: there are too many of them ( Steam has dozens of nasty publishers) and GoG has at least one , this one mentioned here : Hello Games.

I have many games ( casual games) at steam and if more favorite games are at sale at the same time i pick the ones that always replied fast, offered good solutions, so they are on a top 10 list : 1 is the best 10 is okay
Artifex and Alawar are 2 large ones so their games are usually an instant buy if the game is a game i like ofcourse ( never 3d FPP, racers, shooters and things like that)
Anyway i guess everyone has his/hers favorite type of games.

BreOl72: Without having a horse in this race (I'm not really interested in NMS), and after only having read the first 50 comments, I will offer my two cents:

People should be grateful, that GOG is compensating them for a game, at all, that most already have for quite some time, and probably even don't play anymore.

People who complain, that they "only" get a refund to their GOG-wallet, should ask themselves what their reason was, to buy the game here on GOG in the first place?

Is this the only game you ever bought here? Are you planning to never buy a game here, again? If so - why?

In case GOG bows to the whiners and complainers (as they unfortunately have done in the past) and offers those who want them, PayPal refunds, etc. "to buy it again at Steam" - they should "only" refund the actual market price.

I believe its prise is 50% off at this time - so give them 50% of their investment back - after all, they still have the DRM-free GOG version on their HDDs - and GOG is in no way oblieged to pay back a single cent.

And it saves GOG a lot of money.

Now...pour your hate over me. XD
No pouring hate from me: i read it all and totally agree with you....
Post edited July 26, 2018 by gamesfreak64
high rated
GoG you are a class act. I have never heard of a company doing this for their customers so long after a purchase to make them happy. Kudos. This will just make me buy more release day product from GoG if available. :)

I bought NMS at launch for full price here at GoG and I will be keeping it. I am fine without multiplayer and it isn't as an important feature for me. I am still just a bit annoyed though about Hello Games not making it available at the same time here. I do get that they are a small company and are doing their best with all these free updates for this game and for that I can appreciate their efforts, but I do question why they wouldn't have just made the multiplayer, as it is now on Steam, a beta. From what I have heard it is pretty buggy and could still use some work. The thing that annoyed me is not that steam got the multiplayer and GoG didn't. What annoyed me is that they are doing "official" multiplayer events that are excluding their GoG customers. That is just another PR disaster for them to wade through. Nothing says "you don't matter to us even though we took your money" more than planning public events using features you haven't implemented for some of your customers yet.
Even though I don't own this game, mostly due to the controversy around it, Thanks GOG.

It's this type of clean and ethical behaviour which often nudges me to support GOG by purchasing so many games I know I'll never play. I'm proud to be associated with you guys, even if it's just as a consumer.
I don't own No Man's Sky but I ought to admit that things like this make us love you GOG. Soo much! Thanks!