It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
Your move, CIG.
Not taking the refund as I actually enjoy the game for what it is, and not what was promised.

I do appreciate the offer of a refund and GoG's excellent attitude.
Thanks for existing.
Thank you gog for fixing, what seems to be, someone else's screw up. Shows us you really do care and and restores, at least a little, my shaken confidence for buying new games here instead of steam. I would suggest extending the refund deadline to 2 weeks though. Not everyone has the time to be here everyday. I personally don't have time for MP anyway, and none of my friends play NMS, so I'm gonna stick with it for now. And as much as I understand limited resources being an indie studio and all that, it's a bit of a dick move on HG part to delay it by, worst case scenario, 5 months. It also doesn't bode well for future updates for the game on gog... I would be ok with waiting a little longer to get the full experience. But cutting out one of the key features with no reasonable time-frame of implementing it for a group of loyal customers? I had the game on pre-order. I've stick with it through thick and thin. First time I am truly feeling cheated. I wish HG could learn a thing or two about proper communication and owning up to their mistakes from gog.
eversonic: Not taking the refund as I actually enjoy the game for what it is, and not what was promised.

I do appreciate the offer of a refund and GoG's excellent attitude.
Thanks for existing.
I also echo this sentiment.. You are a fantastic stand-up company. We don't have the full story and Hello Games seems to be committed to bring all the features here that Steam/Xbox/PS4. What we were given is all that i could ask for... we received the patch same day with everything it provides minus 4 player co-op. And we have a good faith offering of HG to work with GOG to get it going.

I also see we have beta-patch access to the next hotfix, HG is already trying to fix the mistake. So again, thank you for the generosity you have shown, but i'll pass on your offer.
I am glad GoG is offering a refund. I don't plan on taking it and after consideration, won't get the steam version just to get a multiplayer none of my fellow NMS players are playing.
GOG.com: ...
Nevertheless I hope you'll ultimately be able to get Hello Games to add in the multiplayer (they don't flake out like Vlambleer or others might), and (big picture) create something as easy to use as Steamworks apparently is for multiplayer.
Flammablezeus: I'd expect them to follow Australian Consumer Law and give me a proper refund. Not just "GoG credits."
chenopod: I am not from Australia, so I don't know your laws. Does Australian law say they have to give you a proper refund if a product is outside of the "30-Day Money Back Guarantee" period?
--If it does, then gog should follow the law
--If it does not, then they are going beyond what is required
Yes. Even Steam has been complying on this lately and even has a whole post about it on the front of the store page here. Stores that advertise "no refunds" aren't exempt at all. It's just a way to trick customers into thinking they have no rights.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Flammablezeus
low rated
GOG.com: We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
I don't want a GOG Wallet refund. I want a $ refund to my bank account. Because I don't plan on buying anything else on GOG ever again.

EDIT: I was mad when I posted the above, because after not even having NMS installed for 2 years I see the news of this update.
So I install and update NMS on GOG hoping to finally be able to play with some of my friends. Guess what, still no multiplayer. So yeah... I'm getting a refund from GOG.

I understand it's not GOG's fault if a developer doesn't deliver on what they advertise. So I am not mad at GOG. And thank you again for accepting my refund request.

And fo those of you saying that multiplayer was never advertised for NMS... go eat a bag of dicks.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by HMPinto
Ehh, I'm perfectly fine with No Man's Sky as is. I'm not a multiplayer gamer as is and I knew what I was getting into before I bought the game, flaws and all.

But hey, I've got no problem with being offered any other small bit of compensation for not having full access to this long delayed bit of the game immediately. |3
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Noishkel
I do not own the game but it's a very generous offer, thank you GOG !
GOG is showing what they're made of here. They are under no obligation to do anything like this, but they are, anyway. Well played!

We know that HG suffered some losses with the flooding in their factory and we probably under odious T&Cs from Sony to deliver on that day regardless. So when the final game was released, it was a total fustercluck and people got angry because it was nothing like the demos shown earlier.

However, somtimes I think that half f the blame has to lie with the consumer. People are so easily swayed by hype that they spend money they can ill afford on stuff before the jury is in on whether it's actually any good or not.

IMHO, people should be more careful with their money... Unless they are loaded, natch.

Sure the game was hyped to heaven and back but you could have all waited a day or two until the initial reviews were in.. Jayzus... If you spend money on something that doesn't exist yet, don't be surprised if something goes pearshaped on the way in.

TL;DR

while it's obvious HG are to blame becuase they did not deliver, half the problem was people preordering stuff before it was actually released and THEN complaining when it was shite.
Good on GOG for reaffirming my customer loyalty.

Now I just wait for all the gaming media personalities to completely ignore this act of good faith. (>_>)
Excellent. Every time they've updated this game I've had to do a complete reinstall to get it work. I was very disappointed that GoG denied my request for refund previously when I contacted you about these issues. I'll gladly take advantage now.
chenopod: I am not from Australia, so I don't know your laws. Does Australian law say they have to give you a proper refund if a product is outside of the "30-Day Money Back Guarantee" period?
--If it does, then gog should follow the law
--If it does not, then they are going beyond what is required
Flammablezeus: Yes. Even Steam has been complying on this lately and even has a whole post about it on the front of the store page here. Stores that advertise "no refunds" aren't exempt at all. It's just a way to trick customers into thinking they have no rights.
So, Australian law requires cash refunds for all products for unlimited amounts of time regardless of the terms you agree to when you purchase? You can buy a game, play it for two years, and then return it for a cash refund and the company is required by law to honor the refund?
--I should move to Australia. That is cool.
Flammablezeus: Yes. Even Steam has been complying on this lately and even has a whole post about it on the front of the store page here. Stores that advertise "no refunds" aren't exempt at all. It's just a way to trick customers into thinking they have no rights.
chenopod: So, Australian law requires cash refunds for all products for unlimited amounts of time regardless of the terms you agree to when you purchase? You can buy a game, play it for two years, and then return it for a cash refund and the company is required by law to honor the refund?
--I should move to Australia. That is cool.
If it's not as advertised, yeah. I haven't been playing the game for two years though. I played it a bit at launch and after seeing how much was missing I decided to be patient and give Hello Games the benefit of the doubt and a chance to fix their game.