It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Canuck_Cat: It's an aggressive model, so that's the most optimistic for them.

This would only happen if Valve does absolutely nothing against Epic, which we know isn't true. They're developing single player games and reinvesting efforts back into Steam and Steamworks.

Epic has already said before their BEP was 2027 for EGS in another optimistic scenario.

Either way, rooting for Epic. The more competition there is, the better the options for consumers.
Crevurre: No we want steam to sink. Steam charges more to steam loyalists digitally than the masses who buy packaged and delivered items. Steam also started banning everyone very hard for the last several years, while letting fanboys harass us off theplatform.
So your answer to that is Tencent? Helltothenaw.
Merranvo: Guess what, steam games that don't have denuvo get day-0 releases too. GoG games are all up on torrents / download sites. There is an entire world outside of your head, and most people aren't stupid enough to give a crap about which client they use... they just want to play the game.
Arcadius-8606: I don't get the head reference. I'm referring to their "timed exclusives" not all the the games that already have torrents up.

Merranvo: After all, there are actually people who will buy games on steam that require ubisoft client or origin client or rockstar client. So hilariously enough the only thing that owning the game on steam gives you is the luxury of being able to open an external client using steam. Epic could probably sell their exclusives on steam (requiring the epic client) and people would buy them just because they're "on steam."
Arcadius-8606: I don't get where the Steam part came in as I did not reference them. I don't even use Steam, so no clue where this came from.
You chopped out your quote to hide exactly what you said, typically what happens when someone loses an argument.

Arcadius-8606: The only way I can see this happening if they take some of the best features that consumers want from both GOG and Steam and implement them.

If they allowed DRM-FREE games to be downloaded outside of the client, I would probably pick up some games on there.

If they had bundles and super sales on par or less than Steam and other services, I know many would buy from them.

All of my younger family and friends just go there for free games and keep it moving. Not sure how long they can keep that up but free is free. Not to mention that many of their DRM FREE titles are being exported to torrents day one they go on there. That should give them a hint that ppl want the games but not the client.
You clearly tried claiming that the fact people torrent games on Epic is evidence people don't want to use the client. So all I need to do is prove that people torrent ALL games, regardless of which client they're on to make your argument void.

More so, I proved that steam users (guess what, you DID bring up steam) don't actually care about what client they use, they just want to buy the game "on steam".

Is it a fact that exclusivity is what people are mad about? Yes, GOG users are mad about how many games are exclusive to Steam, Epic users are mad about how many games are exclusive to Steam... Steam users, being able to get any game they want from their store front are mad that is no longer the case. But if they could buy epic exclusive games from their store front and be required to install the epic client (like with ubisoft games) they would be perfectly fine with Epic Exclusivity.

Steam users are all trying to hide what they're really mad about (not being able to buy the game on their storefront) and trying to claim it's some bigger issue. And given that every DRM free game released on Epic comes to GOG after the exclusive period the complaints against Epic hurting GOG (When they're to thank for GoG getting great new DRM free games) is absurd.
Merranvo: You chopped out your quote to hide exactly what you said, typically what happens when someone loses an argument.
I was going by what you quoted of me and again when I meantion Steam is about their features not their games. The best of both GOG and Steam would needed on their part if plan to match what they are trying to reach, IMO.

Merranvo: You clearly tried claiming that the fact people torrent games on Epic is evidence people don't want to use the client. So all I need to do is prove that people torrent ALL games, regardless of which client they're on to make your argument void.

More so, I proved that steam users (guess what, you DID bring up steam) don't actually care about what client they use, they just want to buy the game "on steam".

Is it a fact that exclusivity is what people are mad about? Yes, GOG users are mad about how many games are exclusive to Steam, Epic users are mad about how many games are exclusive to Steam... Steam users, being able to get any game they want from their store front are mad that is no longer the case. But if they could buy epic exclusive games from their store front and be required to install the epic client (like with ubisoft games) they would be perfectly fine with Epic Exclusivity.

Steam users are all trying to hide what they're really mad about (not being able to buy the game on their storefront) and trying to claim it's some bigger issue. And given that every DRM free game released on Epic comes to GOG after the exclusive period the complaints against Epic hurting GOG (When they're to thank for GoG getting great new DRM free games) is absurd.
"If they had bundles and super sales on par or less than Steam and other services, I know many would buy from them."

Here's my thing, I did not mention all of this about Steam outside of the reference to their features, so where are you getting that I'm making issue with what ppl are and are not mad about?
low rated
Gabe backstabbed all of us with his permaban shit. It's now on EGS to make an uncensored game store with community functionality.
Post edited May 09, 2021 by Crevurre
Crevurre: Gabe backstabbed all of us with his permaban shit. It's now on EGS to make an uncensored game store with community functionality.
I have a Steam account since 2004 and I have never ever posted any comments on the Steam forums ever.

The Steam forums are just a anti freedom of speech just all around terrible place to go to talk about video games and stuff.

The gog.com forums are more of a freedom of speech place to talk about video games and stuff (minus political stuff) than Steam is.

All this talk that I have been hearing though that the Epic Games Store might be a place that will be a uncensored freedom of speech place to talk about video games and stuff in the last four days or so is interesting.

Might give gog.com a huge competition in that area.
Tallima: Steam = full-featured client, accessible, easy, large catalog, good sales, simple multiplayer, social
GOG = DRM-Free, game ownership, good discounts, curated catalog, oldies and indies
Fanatical = good prices, shovelware bundles
Humble Bundle = support your cause (archive that), value
Epic = ? Occasional coupons, free games?

I don’t see their identity yet. Certainly not a marketable one. But I have played some great games on their dime. (or at least on a loot-box buying gambler’s dime)
Don't forget Itch.io.
Johnathanamz: I have a Steam account since 2004 and I have never ever posted any comments on the Steam forums ever.

The Steam forums are just a anti freedom of speech just all around terrible place to go to talk about video games and stuff.

The gog.com forums are more of a freedom of speech place to talk about video games and stuff (minus political stuff) than Steam is.

All this talk that I have been hearing though that the Epic Games Store might be a place that will be a uncensored freedom of speech place to talk about video games and stuff in the last four days or so is interesting.

You really thing that EGS, with their huge investment from 10C is going to really let the forums go unmoderated for long?

And even if they do, what kinda hot garbage do you think that'll quickly devolve into? It'll be like one of the worse /chan boards.

Maybe what you and Cruv want is a place like Gab, where people who even manage to get permabanned from Reddit/Neogaf go to moan.
Post edited May 10, 2021 by Darvond
Crevurre: Gabe backstabbed all of us with his permaban shit. It's now on EGS to make an uncensored game store with community functionality.
Johnathanamz: I have a Steam account since 2004 and I have never ever posted any comments on the Steam forums ever.

sounds good

steam moderation is very bad , many game forums are just pr boards and they ban those who say bad things about their garbage scam games , best is how they let fanboys break even the most basic rules