It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Steam has so many because developers design their games around Steam. Most of them probably feel like they have to.
SpikedWallMan: As far as I know, Steam's "exclusives" are Valve's own games.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No they aren't. Steam has tons and tons of exclusives that were not made by Valve, infinitely more than EGS has ever had.

SpikedWallMan: Epic's exclusivity deals are restricting access to games which actually leads to worse options for customers. So I'm not at all a fan of Epic mostly for that reason.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Steam's many exclusive games are also very bad for consumers, and also worse for consumers than EGS' exclusives, because Steam has way more exclusive games.

So it's a double standard to see EGS as being bad for having exclusives, yet a turn a blind eye to and/or think it's totally fine for many games to be exclusive to Steam instead (although that is exactly what most Steam fans do).
I might be wrong but doesn't Steam has that many exclusives because the devs/publishers decided to release there only, while EGS has exclusives because they pay for them?

For example, Sekiro is Steam exclusive, but it has no Denuvo nor other DRM protection (besides Steam DRM), so couldn't Activision back in the day have released it here in GOG? And why isn't it here or on EGS 2 years later?

It seems to me that Steam was the only store to release on for many devs/publishers. GOG has existed for a long time, but the devs/publishers either don't care or only release years after. But again, I might be wrong because I'm not privy to the possible dealings done in the backstage.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: No they aren't. Steam has tons and tons of exclusives that were not made by Valve, infinitely more than EGS has ever had.

Steam's many exclusive games are also very bad for consumers, and also worse for consumers than EGS' exclusives, because Steam has way more exclusive games.

So it's a double standard to see EGS as being bad for having exclusives, yet a turn a blind eye to and/or think it's totally fine for many games to be exclusive to Steam instead (although that is exactly what most Steam fans do).
bluethief: I might be wrong but doesn't Steam has that many exclusives because the devs/publishers decided to release there only, while EGS has exclusives because they pay for them?

For example, Sekiro is Steam exclusive, but it has no Denuvo nor other DRM protection (besides Steam DRM), so couldn't Activision back in the day have released it here in GOG? And why isn't it here or on EGS 2 years later?

It seems to me that Steam was the only store to release on for many devs/publishers. GOG has existed for a long time, but the devs/publishers either don't care or only release years after. But again, I might be wrong because I'm not privy to the possible dealings done in the backstage.
Nope, it's a proper exclusivity contract. No clue whether they get money from it, as I haven't talked to developers/publishers but Steam might just abuse their market position.
I'm hyped for that Steam sales data.
SpikedWallMan: As far as I know, Steam's "exclusives" are Valve's own games.
I have not heard about this. All of the games exclusively released on Steam seem to be a free choice made by the devs. Is there a published list of games that are exclusive to Steam because Valve actually paid money to a dev in exchange for NOT releasing their game on another platform?

bluethief: I might be wrong but doesn't Steam has that many exclusives because the devs/publishers decided to release there only, while EGS has exclusives because they pay for them?

Lucumo: Nope, it's a proper exclusivity contract. No clue whether they get money from it, as I haven't talked to developers/publishers but Steam might just abuse their market position.
Google seems to be failing me. Do you have a source on that Sekiro exclusivity contract?
Post edited May 06, 2021 by SpikedWallMan
SpikedWallMan: I have not heard about this. All of the games exclusively released on Steam seem to be a free choice made by the devs. Is there a published list of games that are exclusive to Steam because Valve actually paid money to a dev in exchange for NOT releasing their game on another platform?

Lucumo: Nope, it's a proper exclusivity contract. No clue whether they get money from it, as I haven't talked to developers/publishers but Steam might just abuse their market position.
SpikedWallMan: Google seems to be failing me. Do you have a source on that Sekiro exclusivity contract?
Hm? Oh, I just didn't delete the non-relevant paragraphs. My "nope" directly refers to the first question (and as you can see, the money part is relevant to the first paragraph only as well).
low rated
I stand wit EGS because of Valve banning me.. Gabe banned me too many times at the whim of rager game devs.. I literally had one of them say "That's felunee shit!!" about a thread I made after which they banned like automatons without questioning it. The fact you murder people in teh game is "felunee" too but that's lost on this rager dev.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/epic-thinks-egs-could-make-up-35-50-of-the-pc-gaming-market-by-2024/

Under the aggressive scenario, Epic thinks the EGS could be responsible for anywhere from 35 to 50 percent of the PC gaming market by 2024, depending on Steam's reaction. That would be a huge success, considering estimates currently place Steam at roughly 75 percent of that market.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I think EGS is probably being very overly optimistic with those projections. I hope they come true though.

What do you think?

Does EGS actually have a chance to gain that much market share, that quickly?
Not a chances, most of Epic users are just there for Fortnite and the free games, as soon as they drop the freebies, Epic Store users will drop even more.
low rated
Crevurre: I stand wit EGS because of Valve banning me.. Gabe banned me too many times at the whim of rager game devs.. I literally had one of them say "That's felunee shit!!" about a thread I made after which they banned like automatons without questioning it. The fact you murder people in teh game is "felunee" too but that's lost on this rager dev.
glad epic has no forum mods
Post edited May 06, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Crevurre: I stand wit EGS because of Valve banning me.. Gabe banned me too many times at the whim of rager game devs.. I literally had one of them say "That's felunee shit!!" about a thread I made after which they banned like automatons without questioning it. The fact you murder people in teh game is "felunee" too but that's lost on this rager dev.
But what is the alternative? Do you know how many games are on Steam? Valve is never gonna pay millions of dollars to have their own employees moderate their game forums, so the only alternative is getting the game's devs to do it.
low rated
Crosmando: But what is the alternative? Do you know how many games are on Steam? Valve is never gonna pay millions of dollars to have their own employees moderate their game forums, so the only alternative is getting the game's devs to do it.
maybe dont moderate at all ?:O
What's a "felunee"? Felony?
Any forum that bans Crevurre is doing something right.
Crosmando: But what is the alternative? Do you know how many games are on Steam? Valve is never gonna pay millions of dollars to have their own employees moderate their game forums, so the only alternative is getting the game's devs to do it.
Orkhepaj: maybe dont moderate at all ?:O
Maybe if you want every second forum to become /pol/.
Orkhepaj: maybe dont moderate at all ?:O
If Steam has no moderation, and you post something that people don't like, you're going to discover just how many lovers your mom has had or is about to have.
Post edited May 06, 2021 by DoomSooth