It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LordCephy: Also, I can confirm what the other poster said about Overcooked 2 not needing the command switches. It tries to load the website, but that's it. Although using them may stop it from trying to load the website, which I have not tested.
I tried Overcooked! 2 with the different command line switches. None of them prevents the website from popping up, you just have to ignore it.
LordCephy: Also, I can confirm what the other poster said about Overcooked 2 not needing the command switches. It tries to load the website, but that's it. Although using them may stop it from trying to load the website, which I have not tested.
(ø,ø): I tried Overcooked! 2 with the different command line switches. None of them prevents the website from popping up, you just have to ignore it.
Thank you very much! Now, I don't need to check myself. <3
No wonder I can never find this page, you put all the results in a google doc, smfh.
Swissy88: No wonder I can never find this page, you put all the results in a google doc, smfh.
There are multiple reasons for that, the main two being 1. It won't out-grow the GOG forum post limit (ending up a mess if half the list is on post #1 and the rest over-flows onto different pages of the rest of the thread), and 2. The ability to add other people as co-editors helps reduce the workload. Another bonus is people can download the list as an .xlsx, .ods, .csv or .pdf file for offline reference.
Post edited March 01, 2022 by AB2012
LordCephy: Offworld Trading Company
No switches needed
Needs some double check on the steps for making it work, i could never make it run properly offline when it was first gave away, and in its current version i only have a black screen, not even the intro video.
So far the only way i can make it run is through the launcher (or, if launching the exe, letting it launch said launcher by not renaming its path).
LordCephy: Offworld Trading Company
No switches needed
Acidule: Needs some double check on the steps for making it work, i could never make it run properly offline when it was first gave away, and in its current version i only have a black screen, not even the intro video.
So far the only way i can make it run is through the launcher (or, if launching the exe, letting it launch said launcher by not renaming its path).
I can confirm that it stealth launches Epic before running, so it's NOT drm free.
Both Black Widow: Recharged and Centipede: Recharged requires Epic login to launch. They pop up the Epic website, starts playing some logos, then they both get stuck on the loading screen no matter which command line switches are used.
Heads up, the current version of Shadow Tactics (2.2.11F) now requires the EOSSDK-Win32-Shipping.dll file in ShadowTactics\Shadow Tactics_Data\Plugins to be renamed or deleted to allow it to run without the launcher. Save and load still works fine.

As a side note, there's also an EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll file present, but it seems to be ignored by the game (task manager reports the game as 32 bits, so i guess that's why). No need to change that one.
Does anyone know if Immortals Fenyx Rising requires Epic Launcher to run in the background?
lanux128: Does anyone know if Immortals Fenyx Rising requires Epic Launcher to run in the background?
Not sure if it needs Epic launcher running in the backgroud, but all Ubisoft games, except maybe a couple of the older titles, require Ubisoft Connect. Immortals Fenyx Rising also uses both Denuvo and VMProtect DRM, which both can affect the game's performance.
The Ubisoft titles I got don't require Epic Games Launcher to run once you have linked them to your Ubisoft account. Only Uplay/Ubisoft Connect is required.
AHF1349: The Ubisoft titles I got don't require Epic Games Launcher to run once you have linked them to your Ubisoft account. Only Uplay/Ubisoft Connect is required.
True though the main purpose of the thread is to highlight games that can be made to be "DRM-Free" and run 100% offline without any client. Although the title of this thread is "Epic Store games you can play without the Epic Launcher", because this seems to give some people the wrong idea in thinking it's only the Epic Launcher that matters, I later clarified post 1 to read:-

Invalid Games for the list : Any game that requires any client / launcher (including 3rd parties such as uPlay, Origin and Rockstar), asks for login details, needs to connect to the Internet to function post initial-download or any game with 3rd party DRM (Denuvo, Arxan, VMProtect, etc). Online multi-player games will naturally be excluded, so no Fortnite, etc.

So any games that need Steam or Uplay or Rockstar Launcher, etc, won't be added even if they don't need the Epic Launcher specifically.
Post edited March 13, 2022 by AB2012
AHF1349: The Ubisoft titles I got don't require Epic Games Launcher to run once you have linked them to your Ubisoft account. Only Uplay/Ubisoft Connect is required.
all the more reason it stings....
if only uplay wasnt a thing -_-
In Sound Mind runs without the launcher.
low rated
AHF1349: In Sound Mind runs without the launcher.
Nice!

Maybe I need start giving more attention to the Epic freebies in a timely manner going forward.

I mean, IMO today's GOG announcement does not improve its DRM-Free definition nor addresses at all any of their overdue pending items related...

Please don't get me wrong, I am not mad at GOG and/or saying I will quit buying here and wish this store to sink.
No sir, all I am saying is the heavy-duty investigator thing remains over my shoulders unfortunately with their DRM-Free mental gymnastics renewed commitment...

And looking how frequently Epic allows its freebies to be client-less is an incentive to my attention.
Sad times, but the labor of this kind of threads definitely provides relief.
Thank you again AB2012 & the many collaborators