It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter can be played without launcher from:

TheVanishingofEthanCarter\Binaries\Win32\AstronautsGame-Win32-Shipping.exe
or
TheVanishingofEthanCarter\Binaries\Win64\AstronautsGame-Win64-Shipping.exe
or
TheVanishingofEthanCarter\Binaries\Launcher.exe

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux can be launched directly from executable (EthanCarter.exe)

Edit: It seems easiest to just launch The Vanishing of Ethan Carter from TheVanishingofEthanCarter\Binaries\Launcher.exe. It automatically launches AstronautsGame-Win64-Shipping.exe for me, and probably 32-bit executable if you're on 32-bit Windows. You also get some more advanced graphics options there than in-game.
Post edited December 20, 2021 by (ø,ø)
Loop Hero can be launched directly from executable.
Post edited December 20, 2021 by (ø,ø)
pedrovay2003: Okay, so, the question that I think we all have on our minds: Is anyone picking up the Final Fantasy VII Remake? It doesn't have Denuvo, but I'm dying to know if it's DRM-free.
coates32: I can confirm that FF7 Remake does require the Epic Games client to even start up. This is even after using the "EpicPortal" commandline.
An update to this: Epic's servers had problems earlier today, and nobody could launch FFVII Remake offline, so this is yet another online-only, single-player game from Square Enix on the PC.
low rated
Hello AB2012 & pedrovay2003
I just found this list

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Epic_Games_Store

Are you aware of it? Is it trustable? How does it compare to your spreadsheet?

Please let take the opportunity to thank you for this great effort and wish you Merry Christmas :)
coates32: I can confirm that FF7 Remake does require the Epic Games client to even start up. This is even after using the "EpicPortal" commandline.
pedrovay2003: An update to this: Epic's servers had problems earlier today, and nobody could launch FFVII Remake offline, so this is yet another online-only, single-player game from Square Enix on the PC.
Thanks for letting me know. Wow Square messed up on this one.
high rated
Today's freebie Vampyr runs without the launcher.
Thanks everyone, I've caught up.

tag+: Hello AB2012 & pedrovay2003. I just found this list

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Epic_Games_Store

Are you aware of it? Is it trustable? How does it compare to your spreadsheet?
Yes I'm aware of it. PCGW is an excellent resource and I actually have an account over there and have contributed almost 300 entries. As for how they compare, there are some entries from there that I've added here and vice-versa, I know this list is referenced in several DRM-Free on Epic entries which I don't mind at all.
low rated
AB2012: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Epic_Games_Store
Yes I'm aware of it. PCGW is an excellent resource and I actually have an account over there and have contributed almost 300 entries. As for how they compare, there are some entries from there that I've added here and vice-versa, I know this list is referenced in several DRM-Free on Epic entries which I don't mind at all.
Thank you AB2012. Happy holidays to all the contributors & thank you all! Collaboration rocks!
high rated
Pathfinder Kingmaker runs drm-free with -EpicPortal.
high rated
Prey will launch and save without the client out of the box. And yes, the Epic freebie also comes with the Mooncrash DLC, which also launches and saves without the client out of the box.
Grargar: Prey will launch and save without the client out of the box. And yes, the Epic freebie also comes with the Mooncrash DLC, which also launches and saves without the client out of the box.
can second this...tried it with wine-ge and is working as expected...no need for "-EpicPortal" or any args....
just follow the pcgaming wiki article to skip those pesky intro videos....
Mages of Mystralia can be launched directly from the executable.
On a side note, Mages of Mystralia is yet another EGS game that automatically switches to your OS language with no option to manually change it. If anyone knows the command line arguement to switch languages, I'd love to hear it so I don't have to switch OS languages every time. I tried -culture=en, -language=en and -locale=en and none of those worked...
Exsurgent: On a side note, Mages of Mystralia is yet another EGS game that automatically switches to your OS language with no option to manually change it. If anyone knows the command line arguement to switch languages, I'd love to hear it so I don't have to switch OS languages every time. I tried -culture=en, -language=en and -locale=en and none of those worked...
i couldn't find the parameter, but insteed to change your OS language every time, you could do the following

create a second windows user with appropriate permissions.
login as this user and configure the locale to the language you want.
(if the user has a blank password, you will need to allow blank passwords with secpol.msc)
then create a batch file in the game directory like this:

runas /savcred /user:YourSecondUser "%~dp0Build.exe"

now you can create a shortcut to this batch file on your desktop and run your game.
Post edited December 28, 2021 by Gognarok
Hi. I tested today's free game "Moving out".

With the command "-AUTH_PASSWORD=0 -EpicPortal" the game starts and you can play. But unfortunately, once you start the game again. The save is not kept.
Post edited December 28, 2021 by angelblue