It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Death's Door will work without the Epic Launcher.

It will pop up the firewall to ask for outgoing communications, but that can be sagely ignored.
twifight: It appears that Rise Of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Anniversary is not working without the client.
And, seeing the extensive online integration before even starting gameplay, I doubt it will ever be possible.
(Also, there still is a Steam reference in this Epic version of the game when they hint you to buy game points for real money.)
This isn't surprising, considering what Square Enix did to this trilogy recently.
twifight: It appears that Rise Of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Anniversary is not working without the client.
And, seeing the extensive online integration before even starting gameplay, I doubt it will ever be possible.
(Also, there still is a Steam reference in this Epic version of the game when they hint you to buy game points for real money.)
pedrovay2003: This isn't surprising, considering what Square Enix did to this trilogy recently.
What did they do? At least part 1 is now on GOG and DRM-Free .... soundls like the opposite of "getting worse" to me (still hoping 2 and 3 are coming here too)..
pedrovay2003: This isn't surprising, considering what Square Enix did to this trilogy recently.
MarkoH01: What did they do? At least part 1 is now on GOG and DRM-Free .... soundls like the opposite of "getting worse" to me (still hoping 2 and 3 are coming here too)..
I made a thread about what happened:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rise_and_shadow_of_the_tomb_raider_now_denuvo_free
Edge of Eternity does not work. I opened elevated cmd and cd'ed to the directory containing ..\Epic Games\EdgeOfEternity\EdgeOfEternity.exe and ran the below commands.

> EdgeOfEternity -EpicPortal
> EdgeOfEternity /c=.. -AUTH_LOGIN=unused
> EdgeOfEternity -EpicPortal /c=.. -AUTH_LOGIN=unused
> EdgeOfEternity -AUTH_PASSWORD=0
> EdgeOfEternity -EpicPortal -AUTH_PASSWORD=0
> EdgeOfEternity -AUTH_LOGIN= -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE=
> EdgeOfEternity -EpicPortal -AUTH_LOGIN= -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE=

In all cases (even when running with no cmd switches), it reaches the title screen and has a prompt to press the left mouse button. Upon doing so, the prompt disappears and nothing appears next, no menu to select new game / continue / options.

(I don't see anyone mentioning /c=.. in their posts. If it's not relevant, can it be removed from the original post, so as to not mislead?)
anblan25: Edge of Eternity does not work. I opened elevated cmd and cd'ed to the directory containing ..\Epic Games\EdgeOfEternity\EdgeOfEternity.exe and ran the below commands.

In all cases (even when running with no cmd switches), it reaches the title screen and has a prompt to press the left mouse button. Upon doing so, the prompt disappears and nothing appears next, no menu to select new game / continue / options.

(I don't see anyone mentioning /c=.. in their posts. If it's not relevant, can it be removed from the original post, so as to not mislead?)
You could also try to go offline (or block the game completely in the firewall) and try it again. Does not have to work but this helped me in the case of "A Long Dark".
Post edited November 15, 2021 by MarkoH01
anblan25: Edge of Eternity does not work. I opened elevated cmd and cd'ed to the directory containing ..\Epic Games\EdgeOfEternity\EdgeOfEternity.exe and ran the below commands.

MarkoH01: You could also try to go offline (or block the game completely in the firewall) and try it again. Does not have to work but this helped me in the case of "A Long Dark".
Yep, all my testing is done on an entirely separate machine with no wireless adapter and ethernet cable unplugged and which has never once had any game launchers installed to it.

Are my commands correct by the way? It seems really weird to have 3 auth= switches with no arguments coming after the equals sign.
MarkoH01: You could also try to go offline (or block the game completely in the firewall) and try it again. Does not have to work but this helped me in the case of "A Long Dark".
anblan25: Yep, all my testing is done on an entirely separate machine with no wireless adapter and ethernet cable unplugged and which has never once had any game launchers installed to it.

Are my commands correct by the way? It seems really weird to have 3 auth= switches with no arguments coming after the equals sign.
Yes, your paramters are correct. I had to use them the same way with Speed Brawl.
Post edited November 15, 2021 by MarkoH01
I only recently started playing Axiom Verge 2 (already on the list) and noticed the game has achievements on the EGS. So I renamed my EGS launcher and tried starting the game - it does run and I was able to load my savegame, so I'm assuming it's still DRM-free, but it does open a browser window asking you to login to your Epic account.

Since I can't find any mention of this behaviour for Axiom Verge 2 in the thread thus far, can someone confirm that this is new or has this always been the case? I'm assuming this has to do with achievement integration (if I'm not mistaken, the game was released before the EGS had achievements), in which case it might be worthwile to point out that in this case, the achievements didn't add DRM-like functions to Axiom Verge 2.
Post edited November 17, 2021 by Exsurgent
Both Guild of Dungeoneering and Never Alone can be launched directly from executable and both save just fine.
Okay, so, as of the lastest update, Tetris Effect: Connected is indeed DRM-free now with the -EpicPortal trick (with the .exe in the Binaries folder), with all of the crash triggers completely gone (i.e., you can now activate the Zone, lose the game, and enter Effect Mode without the game crashing anymore). However, *only single player works.* Multiplayer isn't playable at all unless you're logged into an account, so the "Connected" part of Tetris Effect: Connected is essentially non-existent. You're just getting the base Tetris Effect game DRM-free, but it does work.

Just remember to put the game into Offline Mode using the in-game options.
MysterD: Does World War Z's DLC's from GOTY Edition work when not running WWZ with Epic Launcher in the background?
pedrovay2003: It doesn't, only the base game works.
Is that also true for the Aftermath Edition?
low rated
Bit of a logic error no? If you want to play a online game and the game nor computer know what is going on, why expect it to work? Especially after gimping it on purpose. lol

Like getting upset your dog is blind and can't play fetch. I mean how does this make sense to some people??
(awaits the poetry)
Shmacky-McNuts: Bit of a logic error no? If you want to play a online game and the game nor computer know what is going on, why expect it to work? Especially after gimping it on purpose. lol

Like getting upset your dog is blind and can't play fetch. I mean how does this make sense to some people??
(awaits the poetry)
I assume you replied to me, so: You can play through this game in single player with ai bots.
low rated
Shmacky-McNuts: Bit of a logic error no? If you want to play a online game and the game nor computer know what is going on, why expect it to work? Especially after gimping it on purpose. lol

(awaits the poetry)
russellskanne: I assume you replied to me, so: You can play through this game in single player with ai bots.
I was not actually. I was randomly reading a handful of how to messages and wondering where the logic went in trying to get the drm out of the way. I think if I were to try and justify it, I'd say the effort was more entertaining than the game in question. But I am not that bored. So its still kinda nuts.