It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crimson-X: So does this mean that you can load your save game outside of the launcher after saving it first through the launcher?
I'm not entirely sure. It could be a similar thing to what's observed with some games on the DRM-Free Steam list like Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, where you can start and "play" the game without the launcher, but can't actually save anything due to no launcher running = no local save fallback when cloud saves fail when it's not running?
The new DLC for The Outer Worlds requires that the game is run through the launcher. Just running the exe gives you only the base game.
Erim_Keene: The new DLC for The Outer Worlds requires that the game is run through the launcher. Just running the exe gives you only the base game.
Thanks for reporting on this; I almost bought the game, but I'll wait for the Steam release. It seems like Epic Store games are only really safe if there's no DLC (I got really lucky with Control working in full outside of the client, but I've been burned by games like 20XX, which is the same situation as The Outer Worlds).
Stick it to the Man runs without the client.

I didn't test Watchdogs 2 because ubisoft, it will require uplay.

Football Manager 2020 requires the client, even with the client it requires an invsion of privacy policy to be agreed (it asks for your birthdate to apparently serve in-game ads).
drinnen: Football Manager 2020 requires the client, even with the client it requires an invsion of privacy policy to be agreed (it asks for your birthdate to apparently serve in-game ads).
It still has Denuvo on top of all of that, too.
Wowfunhappy: Anyone happen to test The Unfinished Swan, per-chance?
Crimson-X: I would also like to know.

Also has anyone tested New Super Lucky's Tale?
I can now confirm The Unfinished Swan is completely DRM Free on EGS! :)
Post edited September 22, 2020 by Wowfunhappy
high rated
Rocket League, which is now free to play, is not only completely DRM-free, but any existing save data that you might have from Steam is fully compatible, you just need to rename the files. The game even saves in separate files depending on whether you launch the game through the Epic client or outside of it, so being DRM-free was completely intentional. I'm thrilled, since I'm a huge fan of the game. :D
pedrovay2003: Rocket League, which is now free to play, is not only completely DRM-free, but any existing save data that you might have from Steam is fully compatible, you just need to rename the files. The game even saves in separate files depending on whether you launch the game through the Epic client or outside of it, so being DRM-free was completely intentional. I'm thrilled, since I'm a huge fan of the game. :D
Serious? I always thought the PC version would was a service dependent version due to the multiplayer nature of the game. That's a nice find!
pedrovay2003: Rocket League, which is now free to play, is not only completely DRM-free, but any existing save data that you might have from Steam is fully compatible, you just need to rename the files. The game even saves in separate files depending on whether you launch the game through the Epic client or outside of it, so being DRM-free was completely intentional. I'm thrilled, since I'm a huge fan of the game. :D
Exceed20XX: Serious? I always thought the PC version would was a service dependent version due to the multiplayer nature of the game. That's a nice find!
Yup, single player, split-screen, and (I'm assuming) LAN all work without an account or the launcher running. :D
pedrovay2003: Yup, single player, split-screen, and (I'm assuming) LAN all work without an account or the launcher running. :D
I wasn't going to add online multi-player games for obvious reasons, but if Rocket League really does have an option to run locally over a LAN without any client or online connection, that's rather interesting. Is this the case? I haven't played it myself to test.
Exceed20XX: Serious? I always thought the PC version would was a service dependent version due to the multiplayer nature of the game. That's a nice find!
pedrovay2003: Yup, single player, split-screen, and (I'm assuming) LAN all work without an account or the launcher running. :D
Thanks for this!!!
Never played the game but downloading right now, because Epic may eventually take this feature out.

AB2012: I wasn't going to add online multi-player games for obvious reasons, but if Rocket League really does have an option to run locally over a LAN without any client or online connection, that's rather interesting. Is this the case? I haven't played it myself to test.
If no one's able to test it, I may give it a go after downloading (only tomorow though).
Post edited September 25, 2020 by Dark_art_
Does it change save location when you're not using service/account? Also do you know if there's any way for us to name our profiles offline? When I tested the game offline it had me as Player 1 or just a simply blank field.
The game Surviving the Aftermath (Paradox Entertainment) runs fine without Epic.
Tested on Windows 10 64 bit by copying it to a machine without epic installed. No tricks necessary.
Saving works fine and as a bonus you can just copy over a savegame and continue on a different system.
Exceed20XX: Does it change save location when you're not using service/account? Also do you know if there's any way for us to name our profiles offline? When I tested the game offline it had me as Player 1 or just a simply blank field.
I haven't found a way to customize the name, profile border, or profile banner while running the game outside of the launcher, no. Weird choices, but at least everything else works.

As far as the save data goes, it puts the save data in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\SaveDataEpic\DBE_Production, and they're called SaveData.save, SaveData_1.save, SaveData_2.save, etc.
AB2012: I wasn't going to add online multi-player games for obvious reasons, but if Rocket League really does have an option to run locally over a LAN without any client or online connection, that's rather interesting. Is this the case? I haven't played it myself to test.
I'm sorry, I completely missed your question. Yes, I can absolutely confirm that Rocket League has always worked great offline, and that fact holds true with the Epic version, as well.