It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The now free game Hue works without issue. No parameters needed. Tested on win 10.
All 3 freebies this week run on an epic-client-free pc (win10):

- Lifeless Planet
- The Escapists 2 (surprising, since the first escapists didnt work client free)
- Killing Floor 2 (\binaries\win64\KFgame.exe). Didnt try the KFserver.exe. Most online stuff doesnt seem to work obviously (servers, shop), but tried 2 maps in solo play offline and they load fine.
Post edited July 10, 2020 by darkangelz
Torchlight 2 is freebie from 16-23 July. It can be played by running Torchlight2.exe. However, in my system, an error message popped up "Torchlight2.exe - Ordinal Not Found" before the game is running. The body of message is

"The ordinal 3906 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\ssleay32.dll."

I haven't got the time to playtest after and probably there will be error when playing. What should I do to fix it?
Attachments:
avachel71: Torchlight 2 is freebie from 16-23 July. It can be played by running Torchlight2.exe. However, in my system, an error message popped up "Torchlight2.exe - Ordinal Not Found" before the game is running. The body of message is

"The ordinal 3906 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\ssleay32.dll."

I haven't got the time to playtest after and probably there will be error when playing. What should I do to fix it?
Even though your ordinal number is different, saw this on Reddit about someone w/ ssleay32.dll issues:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HeroesofNewerth/comments/d9oolz/honexe_ordinal_not_found_the_ordinal_4540_could/

Try disabling GeForce Experience's overlay while running TL2.

Why not give that a shot?

Hope it works. Good luck.
Post edited July 17, 2020 by MysterD
So, anybody having issues with the Epic version of Journey lately? As of the latest update, it's still DRM-free, but it seems like you literally can't save your progress anymore, and it ignores any save data that you already had. I had backed up the launch version of the game, so that's good, but what the crap?

The config file doesn't save to the \Documents\Journey folder anymore, either; it saves to a Steam folder in AppData now. Again, this is the Epic store version.
pedrovay2003: So, anybody having issues with the Epic version of Journey lately? As of the latest update, it's still DRM-free, but it seems like you literally can't save your progress anymore, and it ignores any save data that you already had. I had backed up the launch version of the game, so that's good, but what the crap?

The config file doesn't save to the \Documents\Journey folder anymore, either; it saves to a Steam folder in AppData now. Again, this is the Epic store version.
I don't think I have that game to test but it's a common issue on the Steam Games you can play without the Steam Client list. Eg, the Steam version of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Goat Simulator, Ittle Dew, The Sexy Brutale and several others will appear to play normally but will not save at all. My guess is that the games are hard-coded for cloud saves but have half-broken code that causes no saves at all if the client is not running (which isn't the same as client faking cloud saves when running in offline mode as they would be coded to expect). It's possible that the Epic Client has the same issue, or perhaps that broken "fallback" code in the Steam version is just copied / pasted for Epic version.

I've added a note to the list explaining the issue but if someone test could confirm / test or maybe knows a workaround that would be great. And thanks pedrovay2003 for retesting stuff like this. As with many games removed from the Steam list (eg, Dex and more recently Superhot), nothing on either Epic / Steam list is guaranteed to remain that way, so retesting after patching is an important but often overlooked and under-appreciated job.
pedrovay2003: So, anybody having issues with the Epic version of Journey lately? As of the latest update, it's still DRM-free, but it seems like you literally can't save your progress anymore, and it ignores any save data that you already had. I had backed up the launch version of the game, so that's good, but what the crap?

AB2012: I don't think I have that game to test but it's a common issue on the Steam Games you can play without the Steam Client list. Eg, the Steam version of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Goat Simulator, Ittle Dew, The Sexy Brutale and several others will appear to play normally but will not save at all. My guess is that the games are hard-coded for cloud saves but have half-broken code that causes no saves at all if the client is not running (which isn't the same as client faking cloud saves when running in offline mode as they would be coded to expect). It's possible that the Epic Client has the same issue, or perhaps that broken "fallback" code in the Steam version is just copied / pasted for Epic version.

I've added a note to the list explaining the issue but if someone test could confirm / test or maybe knows a workaround that would be great. And thanks pedrovay2003 for retesting stuff like this. As with many games removed from the Steam list (eg, Dex and more recently Superhot), nothing on either Epic / Steam list is guaranteed to remain that way, so retesting after patching is an important but often overlooked and under-appreciated job.
No problem, I never mind re-checking. Also, for the record, Journey isn't letting me save anymore even when I *do* run it through the Epic client. It's completely borked. I had a backup of the launch day version of the game, and it still works perfectly fine, it's anything that's updated that doesn't work.
Post edited July 21, 2020 by pedrovay2003

I have Journey but only recently loaded it up. I can check and see where the save file goes to.

Crimson-X: I have Journey but only recently loaded it up. I can check and see where the save file goes to.
If you figure anything out, I'd love to know. From what I can tell, as of an update in April, you literally cannot save your progress anymore; no save data is even created.
Crimson-X: I have Journey but only recently loaded it up. I can check and see where the save file goes to.
pedrovay2003: If you figure anything out, I'd love to know. From what I can tell, as of an update in April, you literally cannot save your progress anymore; no save data is even created.
Ok went to load up the game and it downloaded an updat (last time I played was on the 13th). When I left off I had started the second level of the game. It loaded up my previous save just fine. I even closed out of the game, shut down Epic Launcher, loaded game back up and it still worked fine. Started me right back at my previous save.

I checked the save location in Documents and there sure is a Journey folder with 2 files dated the 13th. Checked around in Appdata and saw no Steam folders anywhere for Journey.

I dunno if it's just an isolated issue for you or perhaps there was a problem and this was a newer update that fixed the issue. All I can say is it's definelty working just fine as it should.
Post edited July 22, 2020 by Crimson-X
pedrovay2003: If you figure anything out, I'd love to know. From what I can tell, as of an update in April, you literally cannot save your progress anymore; no save data is even created.
Crimson-X: Ok went to load up the game and it downloaded an updat (last time I played was on the 13th). When I left off I had started the second level of the game. It loaded up my previous save just fine. I even closed out of the game, shut down Epic Launcher, loaded game back up and it still worked fine. Started me right back at my previous save.

I checked the save location in Documents and there sure is a Journey folder with 2 files dated the 13th. Checked around in Appdata and saw no Steam folders anywhere for Journey.

I dunno if it's just an isolated issue for you or perhaps there was a problem and this was a newer update that fixed the issue. All I can say is it's definelty working just fine as it should.
That's super weird. My copy is fully updated, and I just tried it again today; I finally got it to save and load WITH the Epic launcher, but as soon as I launched it outside of the launcher, nothing worked anymore. The game ran, but progress was not-existent.
Crimson-X: Ok went to load up the game and it downloaded an updat (last time I played was on the 13th). When I left off I had started the second level of the game. It loaded up my previous save just fine. I even closed out of the game, shut down Epic Launcher, loaded game back up and it still worked fine. Started me right back at my previous save.

pedrovay2003: That's super weird. My copy is fully updated, and I just tried it again today; I finally got it to save and load WITH the Epic launcher, but as soon as I launched it outside of the launcher, nothing worked anymore. The game ran, but progress was not-existent.
Dunno what to tell you. I'll check once again when I get home tonight to make sure it's still working for me.
high rated
20XX, Barony, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP are all DRM-free; use the -EpicPortal trick for Barony.
Post edited July 31, 2020 by pedrovay2003

Definitely not an isolated issue. One of the latest updates to Journey on Epic changed its save location to that of Steam (literally with Steam as the folder name) and also made it that any of the old saves copied to it would not be recognizable. For new playthroughs, the game saves fine with the launcher but not without it. Tested by me and reported by other users here.
Post edited August 03, 2020 by Roze
Roze: Definitely not an isolated issue. One of the latest updates to Journey on Epic changed its save location to that of Steam (literally with Steam as the folder name) and also made it that any of the old saves copied to it would not be recognizable. For new playthroughs, the game saves fine with the launcher but not without it. Tested by me and reported by other users here.
Thanks for the update. Journey is still currently on the list but with a ? instead of a tick, and a note explaining the save issue. In the longer term though, if multiple people continue to observe the same thing and they don't fix it, then I'll have to move it to the "confirmed DRM" list on the other tab.