It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone purchased the Platinum Edition of CivVI?
It would be nice to know if all DLCs work without client.
Post edited May 23, 2020 by Pyromancer138
I'm wondering if the Saints Row 3 remaster is DRM'd or not.
TheMonkofDestiny: I'm wondering if the Saints Row 3 remaster is DRM'd or not.
I would love to know the answer to this also.
AB2012: Thanks, I've added Civ 6 (Under S for Sid Meier's...)
This is great news. Now is possible to download the games without installing the launcher?
I might have missed that tidbit somewhere on this thread.
Post edited May 24, 2020 by drxenija
I just want to clarify, but I do need to download the Epic Store launcher first in order to download the games right? Beyond that point, I'll be able to download and play the games without having to login to the launcher? Somehow I can't find a place where I could just simply download my games from the Epic Store website, which leads me to the assumption that I need to download the launcher first as a prerequisite.
Preva: I just want to clarify, but I do need to download the Epic Store launcher first in order to download the games right? Beyond that point, I'll be able to download and play the games without having to login to the launcher? Somehow I can't find a place where I could just simply download my games from the Epic Store website, which leads me to the assumption that I need to download the launcher first as a prerequisite.
Yes, you would need to download the Epic Games launcher client first and download your games from the launcher. It is the same thing with Steam. However some games on the Epic store don't need the launcher to start them, such as The Outer Worlds.
Preva: I just want to clarify, but I do need to download the Epic Store launcher first in order to download the games right? Beyond that point, I'll be able to download and play the games without having to login to the launcher? Somehow I can't find a place where I could just simply download my games from the Epic Store website, which leads me to the assumption that I need to download the launcher first as a prerequisite.
coates32: Yes, you would need to download the Epic Games launcher client first and download your games from the launcher. It is the same thing with Steam. However some games on the Epic store don't need the launcher to start them, such as The Outer Worlds.
Got it. Thanks! One more question, will updates still go through the launcher or will the games receive updates directly from their respective developers?
Post edited May 24, 2020 by Preva
drxenija: This is great news. Now is possible to download the games without installing the launcher?
Unfortunately Epic works more like Steam than GOG in that you need to use the Launcher / Client to get the files for the first time. Once you have those files though, you can copy / zip up the game folder to a backup drive and "reinstalling" in future should be as simple as copying / unzipping the files back and starting the game via its .exe (or making a Start Menu shortcut link). You could also theoretically add that to Galaxy / Steam as a 3rd party game.

Preva: One more question, will updates still go through the launcher or will the games receive updates directly from their respective developers?
It's like Steam - updates are always unfortunately through the Launcher. No way around that.
AB2012: Unfortunately Epic works more like Steam than GOG in that you need to use the Launcher / Client to get the files for the first time. Once you have those files though, you can copy / zip up the game folder to a backup drive and "reinstalling" in future should be as simple as copying / unzipping the files back and starting the game via its .exe (or making a Start Menu shortcut link). You could also theoretically add that to Galaxy / Steam as a 3rd party game.

Preva: One more question, will updates still go through the launcher or will the games receive updates directly from their respective developers?
AB2012: It's like Steam - updates are always unfortunately through the Launcher. No way around that.
Got it. Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it!
Nice list bought a game just cause it is on the list :P
Post edited May 27, 2020 by Orkhepaj
Orkhepaj: Nice list bought a game just cause it is on the list :P
lol - I just read "Just Cause" it is on the list ...
Orkhepaj: Nice list bought a game just cause it is on the list :P
MarkoH01: lol - I just read "Just Cause" it is on the list ...
I wish. Well, didn't have to pay for 4 anyway.

On a side note, quite tempted for Control (+ DLC if DRM-free too) and MechWarrior 5 if that's still indeed DRM-free. I hate to say it but Epic does kind of serve a purpose on a DRM-free crusade when companies aren't going the proper channels they should to begin with (GOG).
MarkoH01: lol - I just read "Just Cause" it is on the list ...
Exceed20XX: I wish. Well, didn't have to pay for 4 anyway.

On a side note, quite tempted for Control (+ DLC if DRM-free too) and MechWarrior 5 if that's still indeed DRM-free. I hate to say it but Epic does kind of serve a purpose on a DRM-free crusade when companies aren't going the proper channels they should to begin with (GOG).
Do you really think so? Epic does not force to use DRM and their client does not have DRM - so far the rest is game of luck and decision of the publishers/devs. I guess they simply don't think about it since they are getting their share from Epic anyway - no matter how often the game is pirated. But that's of course only an assumption. Question is how Epis is really helping DRM-free here?

I bought Control and Season Pass a few days ago and I can confirm that it still runs without client (don't forget to buy seperately so that you can use you $10 coupon twice. The only difference in fies between standard and added DLC (you can uninstall it in Epic launcher) seems to be a 4KB file - can't say yet if the DLC would work and right now I won't find the time to play it long at all but like so many befor me already said, it's likely that it will work.
Exceed20XX: I wish. Well, didn't have to pay for 4 anyway.

MarkoH01: Do you really think so? Epic does not force to use DRM and their client does not have DRM - so far the rest is game of luck and decision of the publishers/devs. I guess they simply don't think about it since they are getting their share from Epic anyway - no matter how often the game is pirated. But that's of course only an assumption. Question is how Epis is really helping DRM-free here?

I bought Control and Season Pass a few days ago and I can confirm that it still runs without client (don't forget to buy seperately so that you can use you $10 coupon twice. The only difference in fies between standard and added DLC (you can uninstall it in Epic launcher) seems to be a 4KB file - can't say yet if the DLC would work and right now I won't find the time to play it long at all but like so many befor me already said, it's likely that it will work.
The DLC is indeed DRM-free, also. I've played through all of it without the Epic client running.
MarkoH01: Do you really think so? Epic does not force to use DRM and their client does not have DRM - so far the rest is game of luck and decision of the publishers/devs. I guess they simply don't think about it since they are getting their share from Epic anyway - no matter how often the game is pirated. But that's of course only an assumption. Question is how Epis is really helping DRM-free here?

pedrovay2003: The DLC is indeed DRM-free, also. I've played through all of it without the Epic client running.
Yay! Thanks for the information.