It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Green_Hilltop: Just curious, do you "skip read" some things, since there has been a lot of text? I'm asking because we've been talking about Babark melting the stone altar on the previous page several times, so I was surprised to read you thought he was trying to melt one of the sarcophagi. Either way, I don't think it's a good thing - if the mechanism is a trap, melting it might trigger it anyway, and if not, we're just ridding ourselves the opportunity to find out its secret and potentially another passage or a secret cache.
Not always, but I've been travelling this week, so mostly on a phone jumping back and forth between meetings and such. So the game hasn't been a top priority.

Assuming we didn't just blow ourselves up, in which case it would be moot, I'll probably be more attentive come the weekend.
Lemmus: If Cicatrix (Southern side tunnel) can slip past the ghouls while they're engaged she'll check the left-hand door for obvious traps then continue down the tunnel. If not, she'll ready her whistle but hold off on using it until necessary, readying her blade for battle.
gogtrial34987: I'd imagine you're still way back at the doors, with the main party and the ghouls still "a good distance ahead of [you]".

(Also please post more? You just skipped out on an entire turn.)
Maybe she can catch up with us, we've only advanced for a turn since we left the room, and not at a very fast pace.
However, I hope our rearguard isn't so poorly guarded so that she can slip all the way to my position, or I'll have a few words with the rest of you...
Green_Hilltop: Doc didn't know in his update, so I pinged you in case you missed it. :)
Oh but he knew,
better than me as a matter of fact.

And I bet he knows exactly where all the mages with fireball are :p
Green_Hilltop: Doc didn't know in his update, so I pinged you in case you missed it. :)
CervelloYM: Oh but he knew,
better than me as a matter of fact.

And I bet he knows exactly where all the mages with fireball are :p
Ah okay then! He edited his post, originally he had written he doesn't know which room you're in and that's why he wasn't describing what you had found. :D
gogtrial34987: (Also please post more? You just skipped out on an entire turn.)
Sorry, I've had a busy week and it's really hard to plan around Doc's posting schedule. No complaints about Doc, I'm sure that running this is a nightmare, but the lack of a schedule makes things difficult on my end.

Mostly I assumed that I had been spending that turn catching up. I'm not actually trying to join the party, though. Doc is aware of RP elements which I haven't broadcast.

Lone_Scout: I hope our rearguard isn't so poorly guarded so that she can slip all the way to my position, or I'll have a few words with the rest of you...
Corollary to Cicatrix's RP, this is why there's an if/then statement. My assumption was that you're all crowding into a side room and boiling out to deal with the ghouls. My hope is that I can avoid the whole business and move on. I'm not here for loot.
gogtrial34987: (Also please post more? You just skipped out on an entire turn.)
Lemmus: Sorry, I've had a busy week and it's really hard to plan around Doc's posting schedule. No complaints about Doc, I'm sure that running this is a nightmare, but the lack of a schedule makes things difficult on my end.

Mostly I assumed that I had been spending that turn catching up. I'm not actually trying to join the party, though. Doc is aware of RP elements which I haven't broadcast.

Lone_Scout: I hope our rearguard isn't so poorly guarded so that she can slip all the way to my position, or I'll have a few words with the rest of you...
Lemmus: Corollary to Cicatrix's RP, this is why there's an if/then statement. My assumption was that you're all crowding into a side room and boiling out to deal with the ghouls. My hope is that I can avoid the whole business and move on. I'm not here for loot.
No problem with your RP. I think you're doing it fine. Everyone of us is playing different characters with their own personality and goals (and maybe some hidden intentions...)
In my case, Says Beldarion is a ruthless and quick-tempered (yet charismatic) mercenary Warrior from some distant land. Right now, he is pressing to move on and put some distance between our party and whatever is coming from the central chamber -no one in our party knows anything about poor Snookums' demise- so he is getting upset by pointless retreats that only draw us closer to the lurking danger behind, and seeing your character overtake us will surely anger him and be regarded as a clear menace and a serious flaw in our defence. Surely a drow ranger is stealthy enough to get to our backs unnoticed, but getting past us in such a narrow space and not provoking any reaction... that's another story.
Post edited October 12, 2019 by Lone_Scout
Lemmus: My assumption was that you're all crowding into a side room and boiling out to deal with the ghouls. My hope is that I can avoid the whole business and move on. I'm not here for loot.
No, we're in the side tunnel, me, aslain and beldarion on one side, kip and dunward on the other. As the tunnel is two people wide, and we're always moving in two-abreast formation (as you should've observed from back there) ;), your only chance of sneaking past us would be if/when we enter that next door after dealing with the ghouls.
Alternatively, you just reached/passed a side corridor which connects with the main tunnel (as should be obvious to everyone who was in the central chamber and sees the corridor), which is six people wide, so should offer some better chances of moving past the main group (also because most of those are currently in rooms away from the main tunnel, not that you or I have any knowledge about that.)
Post edited October 13, 2019 by gogtrial34987
** TURN 6 **

Southern main tunnel:

Where peoples actions clash I will roll dice to see which action comes first.

80 - Eranear - Elf Paladin grabs the large shield. The shield welcomes being in service of a holy warrior. He can see through the shield from the back as if nothing is in front of him. The shield will reflect arrows and other normal missiles back upon the attacker. It also makes you immune to the debilitating effects of attacks from Wights and Ghouls.
He creates a straw and goblet from the old bones.
He enters the room with the Altar in a hurry. You hand Thras the straw.
You go to move the candles *rolls dice* Thras is the quicker to act.

9 - Max, son of Fulvus - Dwarven Thief advises everyone to listen to an experienced thief and leave the room alone.

*rolls dice*
70 - Thras - Dwarven Mage is the first to react around the altar. You are given a straw made out of hollowed bone. He goes to light both candles but on the advice of his comrades lights them one at a time instead. Everyone holds their breath in anticipation... nothing happens.

52 - Roark - Elven Druid calls his giant spider to his side and waits by the portcullis for support.

43 - Svartalf - Dwarven Battlemage shouts at Thras to only light one candle at a time and is listened to.

*rolls dice*
48 - Babargh - Dwarven Cleric goes to cast Melt Stone on the Altar but Thras acts quicker.

28 - Triock Ulagolor - Elven Paladin positions himself near the right sarcophagus, watching the actions of those by the altar with interest, ready for combat.

9 - Max, son of Fulvus - Dwarven Thief moves to the safety of the main tunnel.

43 - Svartalf - Dwarven Battlemage moves back to the doorway of the room to wait and see what happens.

52 - Roark - Elven Druid calls Max to join with him further along the tunnel.

2 - SmartyFartBlart - Human Paladin stands guard by the left sarcophagus ready to smite any undead should they emerge.

48 - Babargh - Dwarven Cleric curses as Thras pulls the goblet towards him and lifts it of the altar before you can finish your spell.

70 - Thras - Dwarven Mage pulls the goblet towards him and lifts it from the altar, being careful not to spill any liquid.
There is a whirring sound and the altar moves back to reveal an open chest underneath.
Triock and SmartyFartBlart step back from the sarcophagi they are guarding as golden beams of light surround them.
The party can no longer sense an unholy presence in the room.

In the chest are visible - a silken cowl, a great mithril two-handed axe, a short bow and a one handed mace.

70 - Thras - Dwarven Mage earns the achievement *Triumph Of The Wreckless*

72 - Darrim - Dwarf Warrior walks to the door at the other end of the corridor and knocks three times.
There is no reply.

41 - Zayd ibn Yasin - Human Ranger moves along the tunnel to join up with the Druid and his spider by the portcullis.

I will explain how the altar was set up now that you have dealt with it. If you had moved either candle it would have opened the respective sarcophagus as several of you suspected. Powerful Mummies were inside but as your party is top heavy with holy power they shouldn't have posed much of a problem.
Lighting the candles was the trigger for the beams of light to kill the mummies in the sarcophagi but it was reliant on the goblet being taken from the altar first.
If you had damaged the altar in any way, the compartment underneath with the open chest would have been permanently sealed.
Post edited October 12, 2019 by Doc0075
Ey, kinda busy so not checking the forum for a while and I missed my turn :(

41 - Zayd ibn Yasin - Human Ranger

He notice that no one answer his call. He sigh, and then moving further down the main tunnel on his own cause he's bored at waiting. His longbow still ready. He then catch up the Elven Druid and the spider by the portcullis.
Well, it was a lucky day !
Who takes what ? Doc said I can't carry a two-handed weapon, so I'm interested either by the one-handed mace or the silken cowl, but who knows if those items are not cursed ? Is someone able to detect cursed items ?
Rip i did not see my action of me picking up the mace and potions.
30 - kyp dwarf ranger
** TURN 6 **

Southern side tunnel:

29 - Og'rialt - Dwarf Brigand takes command of the party and tells them the best tactics to deal with the injured Ghouls.

35 - Aslain Melemir - Elven Thief aims at the still standing ghoul *rolls dice* and blasts its head clean off, the twitching body slumping to the ground.

22 - Kip - Halfling Brigand *rolls dice* decides not to use his sling again for fear of friendly fire.

15 - Says Beldarion - Human Warrior *rolls dice* steps forward to finish of the crawling ghoul, killing it easily. He decides not to use the ghouls rags to make a muzzle as that would be gross.

29 - Og'rialt - Dwarf Brigand checks the corpse for loot *rolls dice* finds nothing of value.

5 - Dunward - Human Mage complains to Says Beldarion that he wanted to try out his new Wand of Silver Darts and this would have been the perfect opportunity.

59 - Cicatrix - Drow Ranger catches up with the group of adventurers but keeps to a safe distance. She watches them approach the door on the left, blade ready for battle.

The party of adventurers approaches the door on the left, bar the Drow hanging back 10 feet, and with Aslain finding no traps, open it.
You are all greeted by the sight of a swirling vortex of many colours. You cannot see through the vortex to what is on the other side. The only options are to either leave the vortex alone, or to step into it and see what happens.
Post edited October 12, 2019 by Doc0075
Roark can hear the shouts of joy from the unwarded room. He mutters a prayer of thanks that none of his companions were killed messing around in there.

Now we can join up and face the cackling beyond the portucullis.
I can tie an arrow with my rope and the other end I tie to a column (assuming there is one... otherwise to the doorknob). Then I can shoot the arrow at the vortex and analyse the results (in the next turn).
Post edited October 12, 2019 by jonridan
Well, Darrim opens the door in front of him.