It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Once again, we travel back in time to play retro games brought to you back thanks to Ziggurat Interactive. Today, two puzzle games await your discovery:

Revelation (-33%) is an arcade-style puzzle game where you spin color-coded interconnected dials inside clockwork locks to match colors and create chain reactions to open each safe.

Zyconix (-33%) is an exciting old-school arcade-style puzzle game with four funky modes where you must match similarly colored blocks to clear them from the play area.

So, prepare to put your skills to the test before the discounts on both titles listed above will end on 9th July 2021, 1 PM UTC.
Not that I don't appreciate old games being released here, but the only thing these two games that I never played back in the day managed to stir in me was a desire to play Volfied. Sadly, it is not on GOG...
Post edited July 02, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
is this like tetris but weird?

anyway, how about we get Blockout next time? :D it's even a Polish game so that would be good https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockout
always happy to see more puzzlers, old or new, though these are on the expensive side.

and speaking of krisalis, laser squad next, please.
Can't say that I'm familiar with those two (only heard "Zyconix" mentioned in retrospectives), but I'll check them out.

Would be great if some of the more recognisable and renowned puzzle games of old (Marble Madness, Columns, Breakout, etc) could make their way on GoG one of these days.
Thank you Gog and Ziggurat. We continue to appreciate your efforts.

When I saw the artwork, for a second I thought Oxyd had been released.
Always great to see some classic game releases.
Nice to see Revelation again.
Glad to see Zyconix, thanks Ziggurat!
It's good to see old classic games getting back :)
high rated
WinterSnowfall: Not that I don't appreciate old games being released here, but the only thing these two games that I never played back in the day managed to stir in me was a desire to play Volfied. Sadly, it is not on GOG...
The best and most feasible way to play Volfied on a PC LEGALLY is through Taito Legends, which I believe is now wholly owned by Square Enix following a series of acquisitions, licences, bankruptcies and expirations.

And I believe Square Enix's official position on the Taito Legends/Taito Memories collections is to pretend that they never exist as they'd rather charge $60 for a single emulated title where possible.

If you have a DVD/BD drive in your PC, I'm sure you could pick up a used copy of Taito Legends somewhere, but they're not cheap.
Post edited July 02, 2021 by _ChaosFox_
_ChaosFox_: The best and most feasible way to play Volfied on a PC LEGALLY is through Taito Legends, which I believe is now wholly owned by Square Enix following a series of acquisitions, licences, bankruptcies and expirations.
Yeah, I was half aware of the sad situation here. Hopefully we'll see it on DRM-free digital stores one day and I'll be the first to buy it... until then, I have an old floppy disk on which the bits have randomly decided to arrange themselves in a binary-compatible way with the original DOS version of the game. How fortunate I am :P.
Post edited July 02, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
XYCat: is this like tetris but weird?
Zykonix makes me think of a Klax clone. I'm not sure how Revelation plays. I don't have any nostalgia about 'em and I don't think they look or sound very good.
Post edited July 02, 2021 by Dogmaus
_ChaosFox_: The best and most feasible way to play Volfied on a PC LEGALLY is through Taito Legends, which I believe is now wholly owned by Square Enix following a series of acquisitions, licences, bankruptcies and expirations.

And I believe Square Enix's official position on the Taito Legends/Taito Memories collections is to pretend that they never exist as they'd rather charge $60 for a single emulated title where possible.

If you have a DVD/BD drive in your PC, I'm sure you could pick up a used copy of Taito Legends somewhere, but they're not cheap.
Taito Legends 1 and 2 were actually developed and published by Empire Interactive (via their budget label Xplosiv), so while Square Enix (as the parent company of Taito) owns the rights to the games featured in the collection, I don't think they own the rights to the collection itself.

And I doubt whoever owns the remains of Empire Interactive could rerelease it either, because the licencing deal for the games was probably time limited.

Anyway, yeah, great collections. Would be very nice to see them rereleased and potentially updated a bit, but like you I suspect they provided a bit too much value for money in the eyes of a modern publisher...
Post edited July 03, 2021 by Zeewolf
GOG.com: with four funky modes
Take that Nintendo!