It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
Randalator: Jesus dude, it's only been 20 hours. Relax.
In theory it should be trivial :)
rjbuffchix: Yes, I want CDPR to remove their one game that requires online connection to play at all, from the DRM-free store since it greatly dilutes the brand of the store by normalizing such behavior. It's actually magnitudes worse than if they let some random developer do such behavior too because this is CDPR's store and the game is a spinoff of their flagship game, at that!
Need I remind you that the first (temporary and with workarounds) introduction of regional pricing was for Witcher 2? And that the full one was for Witcher 3 (even if AoE3 was the first game actually released as such)? GOG dropping principles for CDP's games is rather the rule. (And Cyberpunk's coming...)
rjbuffchix: As for other games with multiplayer DRM, really I am just proposing what is consistent with a DRM-free brand. I admit there are games here where I don't touch the DRMed version of multiplayer here but enjoy the game otherwise. So my points are more, "philosophical" for lack of a better word. The sad thing is how much GOG has already compromised principles to allow so many of these games that now it's like they're "stuck" in this pattern.
Thing is that GOG was DRM-free just for single player from the get go. Didn't have such DRM before Galaxy, of course, but for example needing a key (found under the game's entry in library) happened even for some of the very first releases.
Randalator: Jesus dude, it's only been 20 hours. Relax.
blotunga: In theory it should be trivial :)
Removing DRM completely for a game that obviously still had DRM in it when GOG was given the build is trivial to you?
Alexim: Hey Pyro, I'm not familiar with The Breach mode, could you explain what it is and what are the achievements removed? I'd like to keep track of them in my thread.
It's the game's online multiplayer mode. It was made into a separate free to play game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/555450/Deus_Ex_Breach/

Its achievement list here:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/555450/achievements

is the same for the main game, just without "Breach:" in the descriptors.

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/337000/achievements
MarkoH01: Removing DRM completely for a game that obviously still had DRM in it when GOG was given the build is trivial to you?
I'm sure there are no-drm cracks, but the publisher could simply provide the build without DRM
blotunga: In theory it should be trivial :)
MarkoH01: Removing DRM completely for a game that obviously still had DRM in it when GOG was given the build is trivial to you?
Pirates did this in less than a day.
So it cannot be said that he was completely wrong in the technical part.
Another question is that for sure GOG needs to coordinate all changes with SE (negotiations, legal part, etc.). So it may take (although it may not) longer.
ysperchy: Look, I want Mankind Divided here, I want it DRM-free just as much as you do. But you need to accept the fact that, especially in IT, people fuck up once in a while. There's no hidden agenda, there's no conspiracy to turn GOG into another Steam. It was an oversight of someone, probably working from home with less resources than she/he is used to, and now that they said they're aware of the problem and working on a fix, I seriously can't know what it is that you want from them.
Hi. This wasn't a glitch, is the thing. Someone actively decided it was okay to funnel Scheme DRM through Galaxy DRM to get this to "work." What I want from GOG was already articulated by me earlier in the topic (though I don't know why you're saying you can't know what I want, only to also complain about how I'm saying about what I want). What I want at minimum: pull the game from sale and only put it back once they have a completely clean DRM-free version of it rather than trading one DRM for another. GOG has pulled other games from the store entirely when devs/pubs would not cooperate in providing up-to-date DRM-free games so I don't know why this seems so radical to you.

ysperchy: If you want a game store to be aligned to your specific needs (screw everybody else), then, by all means, start your own. Let us know how that goes. But I assure you that with that absolutist behavior of yours, you won't get far in business.
I'm the customer not the business. I can be as absolutist as I want and moreover I'm holding the business to their own standards articulated on their own websites. Go to FCKDRM.com, and tell me if you think exchanging Scheme DRM for Galaxy DRM counts as "100% DRM-free". Stop bending over to business. Without people like me complaining about the Galaxification of this site, we probably wouldn't even have offline installers anymore.

ysperchy: Listen to what @StingingVelvet said; there is no way in hell, they'll sacrifice their own business pitch for a DLC worth 2 bucks. They didn't do it with their own damn game coming out this year, I'm sure as fuck they won't start with a couple of DLCs that were on the market four years ago...
Listen to what I said in my replies to him too. The concern isn't just the "2 dollar DLC", it's the precedent of loosening standards going forward with DRM instead of providing proper DRM-free games.
Starkrun: I'll defend galaxy... it IS and is NOT DRM.
[...]
Good post. I do not mean to imply Galaxy itself is DRM, that is not the case. However, any Galaxy requirement of any kind is an extra, unnecessary step that at the very least is similar to how DRM works (since DRM is also an extra, unnecessary step that complicates the user's access to the game). In the case of Galaxy being required to access portions of a game, I say that is DRM. I say anyone who reads the standards set out on GOG's "sister site" FCKDRM.com would come to the exact same conclusion. Obviously GOG is not going to come out any say "Galaxy requirements are DRM" but reality, rather than marketing, determines what is true.
Cavalary: Need I remind you that the first (temporary and with workarounds) introduction of regional pricing was for Witcher 2? And that the full one was for Witcher 3 (even if AoE3 was the first game actually released as such)? GOG dropping principles for CDP's games is rather the rule. (And Cyberpunk's coming...)
This may be a controversial opinion but I don't view regional pricing on the level of importance of DRM-free games. I know it was a principle and important to many, though.

Cavalary: Thing is that GOG was DRM-free just for single player from the get go. Didn't have such DRM before Galaxy, of course, but for example needing a key (found under the game's entry in library) happened even for some of the very first releases.
You're right though I think the better examples there are whatever games required some type of verification or key for multiplayer, or which restricted LAN modes, etc.
MarkoH01: [snip]
Great comment, I really don't have anything to add except one counter: with GOG having such a smaller market share, it may be best served in the long-run to maintain strong branding and make itself stand out in the crowd (for good reasons, of course).
Post edited May 05, 2020 by rjbuffchix
low rated
MarkoH01: so the question remains what it is yopu still expect?
I expect:
1. Remove Deus Ex MD DLC and Deluxe edition from the store. They can readd it when they will remove the drm.
2. Automatically refund all users that bought Deus Ex MD deluxe edition and DLC.

If they could fix it in a day or two I would not expect anything... but since it's already tuesday I expect a fix today or the two point above.
I expected a refund with apoligies on my ticket.

I work from home too right now (I'm a web developer) and I know that it's not exactly the same thing... but it's not that problematic either. You still need to do the job if you work from home... I cannot understand why they cannot answer tickets and refund games from home.

I can understand that it takes more to make a fix and put it online. But the ticket management should take place exactly as in the office, in particular for problems such as refunds.

I don't know how they work in gog, maybe they weren't prepared for work from home... But I still think they should be able to do something like a refund in 48 h.
LiefLayer: 2. Automatically refund all users that bought Deus Ex MD deluxe edition and DLC.
But I don't want a refund! I want to keep the game/DLC and just get the update when it's ready! If YOU want refund, go ahead and request one. Nobody's stoping you.
low rated
Randalator: But I don't want a refund! I want to keep the game/DLC and just get the update when it's ready! If YOU want refund, go ahead and request one. Nobody's stoping you.
I already did it. But if they cannot be fast with refund and I need to wait like 2 weeks or more (+3-4 days for the refund to actually get back to my bank account) that's a problem.
And a fix in 2 weeks or more is too much time.

If they cannot decide who wants a refund and who don't it's better to just make automatic refund (you can just buy the game again like I will when it's drm-free again).
high rated
LiefLayer: If they cannot decide who wants a refund and who don't it's better to just make automatic refund (you can just buy the game again like I will when it's drm-free again).
How about no. I have a card that charges me an international fee that is not refunded to me even if a purchase is returned. Refunding me and making me buy the game again results in a double fee charge for me. So if you're gonna refund something please do it with my consent thank you very much.
high rated
LiefLayer: If they cannot decide who wants a refund and who don't it's better to just make automatic refund (you can just buy the game again like I will when it's drm-free again).
No, that's a horrible idea. I bought the game. It's mine. If GOG took away a game I bought just because of some temporary fluke which is of no immediate consequence to me, I would never shop here again.

The only case when that would ever be acceptable is if they had sold me a game without the consent of the license holder. For every other case it is my decision alone whether I'm okay with waiting for the fix. Not GOG's, not yours.
high rated
LiefLayer: 2. Automatically refund all users that bought Deus Ex MD deluxe edition and DLC.
Randalator: But I don't want a refund! I want to keep the game/DLC and just get the update when it's ready! If YOU want refund, go ahead and request one. Nobody's stoping you.
Ignore guys like that, overblown reaction. The games are DRM free and simply have a minor issue thats gonna be resolved. If anyone gets a refund, they shouldnt buy the damn game again because thats just needlessly complicated.
high rated
SarahGabriella: Ignore guys like that, overblown reaction. The games are DRM free and simply have a minor issue thats gonna be resolved. If anyone gets a refund, they shouldnt buy the damn game again because thats just needlessly complicated.
I also think that GOG has earned our trust here. So far, the guys have fixed all such problems. And it's not a matter of course that such large titles appear here at all. The sales figures are certainly not overwhelming for discerning publishers. So GOG shouldn't get on their nerves too much. :)
high rated
LiefLayer: If they could fix it in a day or two I would not expect anything... but since it's already tuesday I expect a fix today or the two point above.
I expected a refund with apoligies on my ticket.
They just got back form holiday... they have pushed out 34 patches and commits to their database since returning to work... one was the issue with Dungeon Siege 3.. they need time and they have responded via tickets and in "blue chat" they know of the issue and are working on it. it's $2 worth of whoops, i say give them time especially since multiple employees have confirmed its being looked into.