It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
ChrisGamer300: Okay people you know what to do ! it's time to raise hell and bother GOG until they fix this, flow their support and private messages with demands to fix it and don't go easy on them.

There have been issues with every fucking release lately, i mean delay it if you must but atleast do it right from the get go and not the easy way every time.
Danielx64: Well I already sent 2 support requests in, one saying that I can't play the DLC and another asking if the DLC has DRM in it lol.
I hope the support will see your ticket within a reasonable time frame. One employee said in this very thread that it is indeed drm free and that they will update the eula, i don't think he lied but it's yet another oversight which in itself creates more issues when so many users are already jumpy about Galaxy 2.0 and DRM.
Danielx64: Well I already sent 2 support requests in, one saying that I can't play the DLC and another asking if the DLC has DRM in it lol.
ChrisGamer300: I hope the support will see your ticket within a reasonable time frame. One employee said in this very thread that it is indeed drm free and that they will update the eula, i don't think he lied but it's yet another oversight which in itself creates more issues when so many users are already jumpy about Galaxy 2.0 and DRM.
Someone (link below) gone into the trouble of doing some testing and Galaxy 2.0 is needed to be running (and logged in) for the DLC to work, base game is fine though.

Link: https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_mankind_divided/game_is_missing_the_outfitweapon_dlcs/post40
ChrisGamer300: I hope the support will see your ticket within a reasonable time frame. One employee said in this very thread that it is indeed drm free and that they will update the eula, i don't think he lied but it's yet another oversight which in itself creates more issues when so many users are already jumpy about Galaxy 2.0 and DRM.
Danielx64: Someone (link below) gone into the trouble of doing some testing and Galaxy 2.0 is needed to be running (and logged in) for the DLC to work, base game is fine though.

Link: https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_mankind_divided/game_is_missing_the_outfitweapon_dlcs/post40
Thanks and yes this is weird and the reason why think it's an oversight, implement drm for a tiny DLC is just odd.
Still no official answer. That is not a good thing.
When you do a big mistake like this you should at least post a message where you say that you are aware of the problem and that you will solve it asap.
If you just ignore your community, people will just get angry.

This is not a little thing... gog (a drm-free store) sold a drm game on the store.
Usually I have patience for holidays and weekends. But in this case, at the cost of repaying everyone and turning everything off until Monday, everything must be corrected in no time.

They must refund all those who have purchased the game.
Remove Deus Ex MD from the store.
Eliminate the DRM and repost the game with the same active promotion (this last part... take your time).

I would add that the problem is even more serious since the game was highly anticipated.

And for the next time before publishing they have to test the game without galaxy gog.

I pay to buy games on gog and for the certainty that everything I buy is without drm. I must already pay attention to multiplayer games (which have drm, although they shouldn't). I already have to bear with regional prices. And also all that advertising on gog galaxy.

If I have to pay attention and use clients at least to download the game... Epic and Steam and Humble Bundle and many others are already a good alternative. Hell, 90% of Epic free gift games are drm-free after download.

I loved gog when I discovered it in 2013. There were far fewer games, but no clients, no regional prices and it was just a great simple concept.
I loved it even when they started the "fair price" thing, with bonus... it was still a drm-free store.
I still tried to love it when they created gog galaxy the "optional client" for steam users... I even tried to find a good side to it... cloud saves.
I still trusted gog even when they started to say "drm-free only for single player games"...
I still tried to trust gog even when they screw up multiple times with drm on multiple games that I didn't buy... I thought, they are small games that they have not controlled because they are not important releases for them...

But how can you screw up Deus Ex MD? An original Denuvo game where you, of course, need to be extra careful?
WTF Gog!

Just fix this Right NOW
This is not a joke, I will not accept a similar error again and I will not accept it this time if it is not corrected immediately.

I don't even care if you use a crack to correct this thing. I don't even care if you use a crack for all your games. If it works I don't care how you bypass/clean drm. I just want to be sure that I can use a game that I bought without internet connection in a pc without any clients in the next 1000 years. If a game is not drm-free you should not sell it!

I'm more pissed about the fact that you sold me the game with drm than everything else. If only HR had arrived I would have cheered anyway, if there hadn't been the dlc for Deus Ex MD I wouldn't have cared....
But you sold a game with drm, and that's disgusting.
Gog 2013 would have seriously disgusted Gog 2020.

PS. And if I find out that you did it on purpose, I swear I won't make a purchase anymore. I will keep my account with all your purchases (minus Deus Ex MD which I will get refunded) but I will stop shopping.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by LiefLayer
emter_pl: Both Deus Ex games are DRM-free. We're working on updating the EULA text accordingly.
Danielx64: What about the DLC for MD? Words are that it requires internet access.
Scroll up to my post I fully break down how and why it has DRM and how GOG can fix it. The DLC has DRM it's been verfied all over the net. They released a game with DRM baked into the DLC unlock method that was said to not have any DRM, promised to not have DRM on the game page.

As of right now we can never, ever, play the DLC for Mankind Divided unless we have downloaded installed and authenticated a Galaxy client.

GOG used a rapper and a protocol called Ghost to intercept the DLC activation calls the game sends to steam. It uses and requires Galaxy to do this. A cracking crew called Plaza found all this out and bypassed it with the most basic anti-Steam DRM techniques. It's trivial to bypass.... So why did GOG force us to use Galaxy is my question.
AB2012: If it were the 1st April, I'd have believed that image was a Photoshopped April Fool's joke. So basically, whilst the Steam version comes with one client check, the GOG version actually comes with two : 1. The Steam client DRM is still there hard-coded into the game but its Steam calls are "interpreted" into 2. Galaxy client calls? It's interesting that even Human Revolution doesn't work without common.dll present which itself appears to be a renamed steam_api.dll, and appears to suffer from the same abnormally long startup times that other recent AAA games we've seen (Dishonored, Bioshock 2 & Infinite, etc) where the DRM-Free "offline" installers sit there pinging something on the network for 10-15s before eventually deciding to start normally whilst the DRM'd Steam client starts up in 2-3s...) And all this is "simpler" than Square Enix just sending out a clean copy?...

Edit: Just tested Deus Ex Human Revolution (both on the same SSD, offline installers, no Galaxy ever installed):-

Steam DX:HR = 3.2s startup time (0.6s client check + 2.6s game startup)

GOG DX:HR = 18.6s startup time (16s making over a dozen pre-game network port scans followed by the same 2.6s actual game startup)

Here's the network log showing it scanning through a whole slew of local ports it shouldn't even be touching:-
https://i.imgur.com/fetPNQE.png

I think this whole thing confirms fears some people have had here with newer AAA games - unlike older pre 2010 AAA where they made the game as a "clean" copy, then used that as a base to add DRM at the last minute for different platforms (Steam, uPlay, retail disc, etc), it seems like MT / DRM mechanics for "Steam only" games are so embedded that there really is no "clean build" to use for a DRM-Free build to send out to GOG years later, they merely send it out with Steam client integration intact but then hack their way around that via replacement steam_api.dll's that consist of some cheap loopback call that mimic a "yes" from the Steam client (little different from how "scene" cracks work), and then on top of that "interpret" then force-feed it through Galaxy, so even for games that don't involve DX:MD style DRM, it's badly implemented enough that it still involves a noticeable startup performance penalty running significantly slower than both DRM'd Steam and illegal scene versions...
Wow. The situation is worser than I thought.

edit: according to the following post, GOG is aware of the problem and working on a fix:
https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_mankind_divided/game_is_missing_the_outfitweapon_dlcs/post105
Post edited May 02, 2020 by russellskanne
high rated
This definitely goes to show the importance of testing games thoroughly on offline "backup" installers, not just Galaxy.

And to begin with, I still do not buy the "logic" that DRM (including Galaxy requirements) is needed for multiplayer games. But there is no way in hell I buy "logic" of DRM being needed in single player games.

An oversight like this simply should not happen. Not on a release this big and significant for the store; these are the caliber of games that make people think "wow, GOG is for real, these are big releases".

Without actually DRM-free games, GOG having big releases is effectively meaningless. As others have stated, if we were ok with DRM, we could just go get games from all the big DRM-loving publishers and stores.

Ideal situation:
DEMD DLCs *and* base game are removed from sale (not discount, sale entirely).
Customers get refunded.
DEMD DLCs are fixed.
DEMD+DLCs are sold here again but are free to those who originally purchased, yes, free.

GOG needs to take a serious stance about forbidding DRM here and imo should work out with Square Enix or just among themselves how to fund the cost of this mistake that causes us to lose even more confidence in the store.
AB2012: I think this whole thing confirms fears some people have had here with newer AAA games - unlike older pre 2010 AAA where they made the game as a "clean" copy, then used that as a base to add DRM at the last minute for different platforms (Steam, uPlay, retail disc, etc), it seems like MT / DRM mechanics for "Steam only" games are so embedded that there really is no "clean build" to use for a DRM-Free build to send out to GOG years later, they merely send it out with Steam client integration intact but then hack their way around that via replacement steam_api.dll's that consist of some cheap loopback call that mimic a "yes" from the Steam client (little different from how "scene" cracks work), and then on top of that "interpret" then force-feed it through Galaxy, so even for games that don't involve DX:MD style DRM, it's badly implemented enough that it still involves a noticeable startup performance penalty running significantly slower than both DRM'd Steam and illegal scene versions...
russellskanne: Wow. The situation is worser than I thought.
Its not that bad, GOG developed a way to intercept every activation call and route to Galaxy. Now they need to get a Galaxy emulator or a one-time emulator dll or file or what-not (you know what I mean if you "know" what I mean) and this will solve everything. And the best part is, that solution exists, there are 8 of them! It eliminates the need for Galaxy, it will activate everything and it works without Galaxy, even reduces the boot time for the EXE launching. GOG just has to implement it. It's honestly not that big of a deal GOG just needs to do it.

We don't know the whole story either and may never know. Was GOG pushed to release this now, did they have time to properly implement it all? was this a hail marry to give their own devs time to work on a proper patch? We honestly will never know but.... GOG does know and they are working on a fix. So lets give them time!
Post edited May 02, 2020 by Starkrun
LiefLayer: Still no official answer. That is not a good thing.
I share the indignation, but expecting some kind of official reaction before Monday is pointless.
Starkrun: Its not that bad, GOG developed a way to intercept every activation call and route to Galaxy. Now they need to get a Galaxy emulator [...]
We don't know the whole story either and may never know. Was GOG pushed to release this now, did they have time to properly implement it all? was this a hail marry to give their own devs time to work on a proper patch? We honestly will never know but.... GOG does know and they are working on a fix. So lets give them time!
Too bad they won't also do that with all of the multiplayer modes locked behind Galaxy, to make them, you know, actually free of DRM requirements.
rjbuffchix: Too bad they won't also do that with all of the multiplayer modes locked behind Galaxy, to make them, you know, actually free of DRM requirements.
They cant, no one can... if the devs didn't implement a direct IP connection over TCP/IP then it would never work.. if all they did was the Steamworks multiplayer then you "NEED" Galaxy. if you want direct LAN then ask the devs to add it to the game. All the older games that support that all work without issue. It is the remakes, and Redux games that went to Steam used and Steamworks now require Galaxy to function.

Basically GOG cannot do that, they would need to actually have the game code and add in TCP/IP LAN play multiplayer to the engine of the game. Thats not going to happen, it cant without the uncompiled code and engine available. That would greatly increase the cost of the game and require more staff on GOG's end to do.

But thats very different from this issue here where the DLC, which is not multiplayer, is locked behind DRM in the form of requiring the internet and authentication to a server before it unlocks for the end user.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by Starkrun
I'm not complaining . Checked the system req. of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It will not run on my potato .
rjbuffchix: Too bad they won't also do that with all of the multiplayer modes locked behind Galaxy, to make them, you know, actually free of DRM requirements.
Blame the devs. What we have today is mp client-based or nothing. >:(
Post edited May 02, 2020 by M3troid
Starkrun: [snip]
I see, thanks for the clarification. I guess I saw your phrase "Galaxy emulator" and my mind went to think of conclusions that would be too good to be true. I know it's been discussed already here and elsewhere but it's really heinous how Scheme did so much damage to DRM-free gaming on so many fronts. I think that's why at least some of us are so upset about the DRM in DEMD DLCs. People can try to come in and say "businesses are not your friend" and other tired old chestnuts but businesses generally have branding and mission statements representing certain values. A customer like me who only wants DRM-free, wants GOG to take their brand seriously which in theory results in more success for them too.
M3troid: Blame the devs. What we have today is mp client-based or nothing.
I do, often :)
Post edited May 02, 2020 by rjbuffchix
high rated
Starkrun: They cant, no one can... if the devs didn't implement a direct IP connection over TCP/IP then it would never work.. if all they did was the steamworks multiplayer then you "NEED" Galaxy.
Basically GOG cannot do that, they would need to actually have the game code and add in TCP/IP LAN play multiplayer to the engine of the game. Thats not going to happen, it cant without the uncompiled code and engine available.
This is not true. Even pirates can do this with Steam versions of games.
SmartSteamEmu and Goldberg Steam Emulator allow anyone to play Steam games without Steam and without the Steam matchmaking servers (if there are no other additional DRM in game).
And I'm not even talking about piracy. Pirates are just an example. These two programs can be used on legally purchased versions of games (again, I repeat, if the game does not have other additional DRMs except Steam itself) and see for yourself.
This is what GOG should have done - an Steam API emulator. And then it would be possible to take a Steam version of game, replace steam_api.dll , add an emulator and voila! - we have a working game with a working network mode (LAN, Direct Connect and even matchmaking via trackers). And they could build-in the same API emulator into the Galaxy: then users of the Galaxy would have working MP, and users of offline installers also (there would be a separate standalone emulator).