It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
Riekopo: They shouldn't have released Dungeon Siege without the expansions.
SarahGabriella: So we wait even longer to see them on here? I heard that the expansions are in copyright limbo for some reason. Lets hope GOG can figure it out.
zaMNal: Have a question for people who have played it. Are the "Digital Deluxe Edition" additions of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided worth the price, or would purchase of the base game suffice?
SarahGabriella: Gotta be worth it to you. If its a money issue, get the non Deluxe. I think you can upgrade later anyways.
Deluxe it's only a Bundle of main game and season pass, so you can upgrade later indeed. Steam by the way marks the Deluxe Edition as owned, if you buy main game and season pass separately.
high rated
Riekopo: They shouldn't have released Dungeon Siege without the expansions.
Whilst it would of been nice to have the expansions, you can install them under GOG's version anyway.

The biggest thing for me is that they fixed DSII on Windows 10. The mouse never appeared full screen on the retail and the Steam versions. And also its all DRM free so no more messing about with CDs.
kud13: In the best tradition of Deus Ex, they pick an ending for you.
You mean the "press one of these three buttons to decide the ending no matter what you did before" was also meaningless? For shame! =P
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: You mean the "press one of these three buttons to decide the ending no matter what you did before" was also meaningless? For shame! =P
It's not great, yeah. But the way Invisible War did it, where all endings of the previous game kinda happened but not entirely, was even messier, imo. @_@
Ixamyakxim: Holy fuck! Always wanted to play Dungeon Siege! Played a demo YEARS ago and for whatever reason never picked up the game, always regretted missing it.

And I LOVED Human Revolution on XBox - will absolutely pick up the sequel BUT

QUESTION

Does Mankind Divided pull information from Human Revolution saves? I remember HR being a pretty big game and I remember little of the story (and never quite finished it).

Should I just dive right in to Mankind or is HR worth a replay to influence the story of Mankind / just for the sake of playing it again?

HR is a decent game in itself, though, and Mankind Divided, while great, only offers you one (super-layered and dense) hub to mess around in, so HR might be worth it for the sheer variety.
All games only have 1 canon anyways that goes into any potential sequels and spin offs...Multiple endings are only a thing so your choices feel like they have more meaning.
zaMNal: Have a question for people who have played it. Are the "Digital Deluxe Edition" additions of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided worth the price, or would purchase of the base game suffice?
IMHO Yes, the Stories are really good though not essential for the main story and it's just ~$2.5 more for the DLX-Version.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by dyscode
high rated
twistedpony: I've been wondering for a while why launches have such massive discounts. This obviously isn't something GOG could publicly disclose but does anyone know of marketing theory about this in general?
I think in this case, and similar cases like this when GOG releases something that has long been on Steam already, it is simply because the games have been available in Steam sales for very low prices for so long already.

It was the same with e.g. Spec Ops: The Line, Bioshock games and lots of other games. I recall I bought Spec Ops: The Line like 5+ years ago or so for 5€ (Steam key), so it would have felt a bit odd if GOG release had been with the default 20€ price.

The launch discount was enough to push me to buy the GOG version as well on release, even though I had the game on Steam for years already and have finished it once already (talking about Spec Ops here). A few euros for a totally DRM-free digital installer version was worth it in my books.

If they had released it with a 20€ launch price, I would have been like "Oh, nice to have the game on GOG. Maybe I will get it later at some point at some sale", and then forget about it.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by timppu
zlep: Actually, it almost always does work in this way. Buying a bundled edition marks both the bundled edition, plus all the individual titles as bought.

What you're confusing it with is the other-direction case. If you buy all the individual titles in a bundled edition, GOG doesn't mark the bundled edition as bought, even though the content you own is identical.
JogsterXL: But with games such as The Evil Within bundle or Mafia III Deluxe, they both leave the Season Pass as unmarked, even though it’s included in the bundle.
Yeah, that's why I covered myself with the "almost always" in my comment. ^_^ I have the same problem with Surviving Mars and the Animation Arts Collection.

But there is a consistency to the inconsistency...

What GOG does when you buy a bundled title is to mark all the individual titles in a bundle as bought, but *not* any sub-bundles. So, for instance, Surviving Mars First Colony Ed contains the Deluxe Ed + Season Pass. But each of those are themselves bundles. The Deluxe Ed is really just a bundle of the base game and the Deluxe Upgrade. The Season Pass is a bundle of a whole horde of individually-buyable DLCs. So when I bought the SM First Colony Ed, all the individual parts are marked as owned, but not SM Deluxe Ed or SM Season Pass. The same would apply to the Evil Within and Mafia III Deluxe bundles - the season passes are really sub-bundles of individually-buyable titles, so they're not marked as owned, but the contents of the season passes *are*. By contrast, you can't separately buy parts of the Deus Ex Mankind Divided Season Pass, so it *is* marked as owned (to GOG it's a contained title, not a sub-bundle).

It's annoying, and I wish GOG deal with it differently, but it is predictable once you know what they're doing.
Oooh, what a release! :-) But agreed, adding also those DS expansions would be neat. :-]
Season Pass stories are really good, even though they are disconnected from the main game and have to be launched separately.

I'd go as far as to say that A Criminal Past is the most impressive level Eidos Montreal ever designed.
I forego GOG forums for a day and come back to this. Nice.

Shame about the expansion packs but I finally officially own Dungeon Siege 1 after all these years :D. And for this price, it's a no-brainer.
THANK YOU GOG!!! these games deserves DRM-free. DE:HR is amazing!
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Richard_Sharpe
This is certainly exciting news!!
And the discounts are amazing.

Dungeon Siege is an amazing game and I always wanted to play the sequels.

Deus Ex is one of the best games I have ever played and it's heartwarming to know that the excellent Eidos Montreal sequels are now DRM-free...

Thank you GOG :)
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Sat42
idbeholdME: I forego GOG forums for a day and come back to this. Nice.

Shame about the expansion packs but I finally officially own Dungeon Siege 1 after all these years :D. And for this price, it's a no-brainer.
If its true that theyre in copyright limbo its a real shame. Sucks that this can even happen to games. But im just glad we got the base games on here now. Maybe GOG can pull some strings to get the expansions too.
low rated
I would pay 30 € for Dungeon Siege Collection if it had all DLC-s!
This way, even with 3 € price it is incomplete, amputated; like on steam.
I was hoping that, if and when, this games ever gets here, GOG will get all those DLC-s!.
Soooo, it's still no buy for DS.
What a shame!
Post edited April 30, 2020 by GlorFindel