It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
mqstout: tldr: things are mostly fine outside of some corporate structure shenanigans
That's not an accurate TLDR. Rather, that's just a citation of the official PR speak fluff sugarcoated spin-doctored story.
Post edited December 29, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Another odd case here. Feels like it falls into the bug/unintentional/bad coding territory.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/house_flipper_is_not_drm_free
Post edited January 08, 2022 by mqstout
mqstout: Another odd case here. Feels like it falls into the bug/unintentional/bad coding territory.
Thanks for the link, but since the offline installer isn't affected, I think this is a Galaxy bug. Not a hidden DRM. Still, it has to be fixed of course, for the people who use Galaxy and still want to be able to play offline.
mqstout: Another odd case here. Feels like it falls into the bug/unintentional/bad coding territory.
I just sent an email to support@empyrean.games mentioning this issue. Email address was found in this Twitter post.

Edit: got an automated reply saying they're using another support system now. Pasting the email to the ticket page now.
Post edited January 08, 2022 by _Auster_
_Auster_: I just sent an email to support@empyrean.games mentioning this issue. Email address was found in this Twitter post.

Edit: got an automated reply saying they're using another support system now. Pasting the email to the ticket page now.
Thank you for following up on this.
Kajko i Kokosz

https://www.gog.com/game/kajko_i_kokosz

Getting delisted tomorrow.
CD version crashes as soon as I start a new game, so I can't check it.
FDD version has password DRM, where you need to type words from the manual to start the game (and the manual doesn't seem to be included in the GOG version).

Edit:
Turns out the CD version works. Probably something I was doing was causing problems.
And the CD version doesn't ask for a password, so I guess only the FDD version has this limitation.
Post edited January 12, 2022 by _Auster_
_Auster_: FDD version has password DRM, where you need to type words from the manual to start the game (and the manual doesn't seem to be included in the GOG version).
GOG has lots of these and have been modified so any answer is accepted to continue.
Hey I found one that slipped through the cracks, Realpolitiks II. While the game itself is playable, it appears the ability to create your own content is locked behind Galaxy.

See here: https://www.gog.com/forum/realpolitiks/mods/post2 , subsequent posts in the topic reveal users asking how to access the mod editor offline, with no response and obviously none seems to be forthcoming at this point.

In other words, it seems the "optional" client reveals itself to DRM-gate content yet again.
rjbuffchix: In other words, it seems the "optional" client reveals itself to DRM-gate content yet again.
Ah yes, the evil mandatory client, forcing peoples to use it to launch the mod editor...

...or said peoples could have noticed that, when they installed the game, a shortcut was created in the start menu called "Mod Editor" and that said shortcut was, surprise, launching the mod editor without needing Galaxy. (which can also be launched by simply adding -ModEditor as parameter when calling the game EXE)
rjbuffchix: In other words, it seems the "optional" client reveals itself to DRM-gate content yet again.
Gersen: Ah yes, the evil mandatory client, forcing peoples to use it to launch the mod editor...

...or said peoples could have noticed that, when they installed the game, a shortcut was created in the start menu called "Mod Editor" and that said shortcut was, surprise, launching the mod editor without needing Galaxy. (which can also be launched by simply adding -ModEditor as parameter when calling the game EXE)
You act as though this was at all evident, lol. Not all of us use the start menu, and particularly for people that rename their installed games or have a lot of games, it is not a very reasonable method. That said, I retract my earlier comment and can confirm the mod editor works using the parameter method you mentioned. Thank you very much for that!! It is still unusual for there not to be a "Mod Editor" option available within the installed folder...far as I can tell, using the parameter trick is the only way to access it for offline users.

Edit: I hope you don't mind, but I went into the individual game forum to post this trick and gave you credit for it.
Post edited January 22, 2022 by rjbuffchix
rjbuffchix: You act as though this was at all evident, lol.
My tone was more because you immediately jumped to the conclusion that Galaxy was made mandatory without checking whenever or not there was actually another way to access the mod editor that didn't requires it. Especially as in this case, it was not anything hidden or some crazy work around but something created by default when the game was installed.

rjbuffchix: Not all of us use the start menu, and particularly for people that rename their installed games or have a lot of games, it is not a very reasonable method.
Well it is the default method under Windows, If peoples don't want to use it, fine, it is their choice but then they cannot blame Gog or the devs if they are not aware of extra parameters that might have been present in said shortcuts.
high rated
There seems to be a workaround. But it shouldn't be the task of users to circumvent DRM on GOG games, the DRM shouldn't be there in the first place. So I'll mention this in the list, until GOG fixes it.

Edit: I first saw only the notice in the linked thread. But if the mod editor can be started from the start menu, all is well. It doesn't require galaxy then. So off the list it comes again.

Thank you both for your input, but please stay civil.
Post edited January 22, 2022 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: There seems to be a workaround. But it shouldn't be the task of users to circumvent DRM on GOG games, the DRM shouldn't be there in the first place. So I'll mention this in the list, until GOG fixes it.
You have a shortcut created by default by the offline installers allowing you to access the mod editor if you call that a "work around" then you can add all the games on Gog catalogue as they all requires a "work around", as in double clicking on the game icon, to be launched without Galaxy.
Post edited January 23, 2022 by Gersen
Lifthrasil: There seems to be a workaround. But it shouldn't be the task of users to circumvent DRM on GOG games, the DRM shouldn't be there in the first place. So I'll mention this in the list, until GOG fixes it.
Gersen: What?

You have a shortcut created by default by the offline installers allowing you to access the mod editor if you call that a "work around" then you can add all the games on Gog catalogue as they all requires a "work around", as in double clicking on the game icon, to be launched without Galaxy.
As I explained above, I first saw only the report of the dependency, not your reply. I'm on mobile and didn't refresh before hitting send.
low rated
rjbuffchix: You act as though this was at all evident, lol.
Gersen: My tone was more because you immediately jumped to the conclusion that Galaxy was made mandatory without checking whenever or not there was actually another way to access the mod editor that didn't requires it. Especially as in this case, it was not anything hidden or some crazy work around but something created by default when the game was installed.
I did check by looking at the forums, which is what inspired me to post about it in the first place. True, that I did not check the start menu; as indicated, I don't use that for any game and in any other game I have any content is obviously available in the game folder itself. Given how Galaxy functions as a DRM gate on several games here, my inference was more an educated guess than a blind lashing out, but you are correct that my guess ended up being wrong in this case, thankfully too as I would much rather be wrong and be able to access content than right and have the content locked away from me.
Gersen: You have a shortcut created by default by the offline installers allowing you to access the mod editor if you call that a "work around" then you can add all the games on Gog catalogue as they all requires a "work around", as in double clicking on the game icon, to be launched without Galaxy.
Said shortcut is not created by default in the installation folder as far as I can tell, only in the start menu. Where is the content itself actually "hiding" in the installation folder? I don't think it belongs on the list given the workaround but just noting there is literally no other game in my library where I have had to add a parameter to a shortcut in order to access content that didn't seem accessible otherwise. Maybe we could ask a user who owns more games if any other such examples exist...there are people here with a couple thousand games...and I would bet in nearly every case they don't use the start menu either, lol.
Post edited January 23, 2022 by rjbuffchix