It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

D.Keys: May you confirm what's the latest version; GOG Galaxy or site download? That's probably the next game Im going to buy, and I wish to make a good buy.
mrkgnao: GOG version is 1.0.0.18 from June 2017 (both galaxy and offline installer).

Here is one update that seems to have been released on Steam later than that:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/367500/announcements/detail/2793786163352183360
This is sad. Looks like a game breaking bug too.
Thank you all for the info!
high rated
I haven't reached the point of boicotting the platform but, let me just say that I'm getting really fed up about the crap that is happening in the latest years.

Also there is something that is puzzling me: how late came the announcement of the pre-order locked behind online, since the pre-orders started?

This is imho a very concerning thing, as it makes pre-order even more dangerous than what they are already.

D.Keys: Hello,
I heard somewhere (maybe in this thread even, can't remember.) that some games are updated to the last version using GOG Galaxy installer.

Also, I don't care, personally, about HD textures, so, what does those updates do to the game in practice outside of graphical improvements? Any balancing, improvements in engine for new pcs, etc?
Aren't there any other ways of updating this game, if the update is an important one, like a community patch or something?

May you confirm what's the latest version; GOG Galaxy or site download? That's probably the next game Im going to buy, and I wish to make a good buy.

As said before, I don't care much about multiplayer and the pawns system if you can do it solo, even if it is a little 'grindy'.

Thank you.
As mrkgnao already pointed out, the updates fixed various things along improved graphic.
I also personally despite receiving the 2nd citizen treatment despite pouring the same money or more into GOG releases compared to the cheaper steam ones, only to be slapped too for doing so.
Post edited January 28, 2021 by Kyousuke.
Kyousuke.: I haven't reached the point of boicotting the platform but, let me just say that I'm getting really fed up about the crap that is happening in the latest years.
You can only get fed up so much before you reach a point where you cannot take it any longer.
GOG is falling to shit.
I advice you to reevaluate your presence strategies on this platform as well as take care of offline installers' purchases full backup asap.

Kyousuke.: Also there is something that is puzzling me: how late came the announcement of the pre-order locked behind online, since the pre-orders started?

This is imho a very concerning thing, as it makes pre-order even more dangerous than what they are already.
I won't answer your quest regarding timing because I don't know and frankly have no time to aggressively backtrack and research atm.
But if by any chance info about some exclusive pre-order content (being part of purchase at the time when pre-orders are still available, ergo doesn't matter if it's extra, if it's part of purchase it has to be properly announced within legal boundaries) being locked behind pick-shitty-feature-name is being released some time AFTER pre-orders started (and not IMMEDIATELLY upon their appearance) then it's kind of literally illegal in some countries' legal systems.
GOG is really stepping on thin ice here constantly pretending nobody sees this.
What are they trying to become - new HumbleBundle? (TLDR, HumbleBundle TOS quite literally violates EU law and they already blocked access for MANY people just because they were reselling or even just merely activating their legally obtained there keys on not-their-primary Steam accounts, both of which are legal in EU, and so it cannot be prohibited by any form of TOS, furthermore any platform restricting access to all purchased content for such customer is literally engaging in illegal act, and it's only a matter of time before the platform gets group sued to oblivion)

edit: fixed some formatting issue
Post edited January 28, 2021 by B1tF1ghter
B1tF1ghter: You can only get fed up so much before you reach a point where you cannot take it any longer.
GOG is falling to shit.
I advice you to reevaluate your presence strategies on this platform as well as take care of offline installers' purchases full backup asap.
Yeah I know. It's just that as things stand, GOG is still the "best" place when it comes to drm-free and offline installers, especially if we consider updated builds (while we do get the 2nd citizen treatment on some releases, it's not as bad as on other platform less known/used than GOG).

As for backup, I do them regularly, so yeah.

B1tF1ghter: I won't answer your quest regarding timing because I don't know and frankly have no time to aggressively backtrack and research atm.
But if by any chance info about some exclusive pre-order content (being part of purchase at the time when pre-orders are still available, ergo doesn't matter if it's extra, if it's part of purchase it has to be properly announced within legal boundaries) being locked behind pick-shitty-feature-name is being released some time AFTER pre-orders started (and not IMMEDIATELLY upon their appearance) then it's kind of literally illegal in some countries' legal systems.
This is what I was aiming for: I'm specifically checking if this crap was made as soon as pre-order started or after that, which would compromise everything much more.

B1tF1ghter: GOG is really stepping on thin ice here constantly pretending nobody sees this.
What are they trying to become - new HumbleBundle? (TLDR, HumbleBundle TOS quite literally violates EU law and they already blocked access for MANY people just because they were reselling or even just merely activating their legally obtained there keys on not-their-primary Steam accounts, both of which are legal in EU, and so it cannot be prohibited by any form of TOS, furthermore any platform restricting access to all purchased content for such customer is literally engaging in illegal act, and it's only a matter of time before the platform gets group sued to oblivion)

I'm not sure anymore if GOG is either outright ignoring these issues hoping for them to fade away, think of us as just a minority, or if they are thinking on something else too.

It is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth no less.
Kyousuke.: As for backup, I do them regularly, so yeah.
Good. Now go do a backup of a backup (a mirror preferably) ;)
Not joking. Any backup can become useless any time for stupid reasons. With currently available media it's only a matter of how long till that happens (I'm assuming you don't employ magnetic tapes nor experimental currently-BS-price-point storage facilitators).
Also, protip, and this is really important, ALWAYS run checksums on files when backing them up AND include checksums' files on same backup media, for detecting file breakage (even a bit flip can happen from unfortunate placement of neutrino route, no joke).

B1tF1ghter: You can only get fed up so much before you reach a point where you cannot take it any longer.
GOG is falling to shit.
Kyousuke.: Yeah I know. It's just that as things stand, GOG is still the "best" place when it comes to drm-free and offline installers, especially if we consider updated builds (while we do get the 2nd citizen treatment on some releases, it's not as bad as on other platform less known/used than GOG).
Yeah, I don't know, maybe if you care about broad catalouge then MAYBE GOG is ok-ish.
It's standards are actively decaying and this is THE TIME to pull out.
There are many small (very small) DRM-free distribution platforms, some of which close to nobody knows about, that are far better than GOG in many aspects yet they have small catalouge so they are very niche in terms of user interest specifications.
There is also Playism (but they offer close to nothing but japanese indie games, since that's what the platform was created for).

B1tF1ghter: GOG is really stepping on thin ice here constantly pretending nobody sees this.

Kyousuke.: I'm not sure anymore if GOG is either outright ignoring these issues hoping for them to fade away, think of us as just a minority, or if they are thinking on something else too.

It is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth no less.
It's funny how sometimes we conduct in-between thread conversations and sometimes I catch myself posting a response in one only to see your relevant question elsewhere few minutes later :P
For the sake of deduplication I'm just going to link what I said just now:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post827
(tho you might have already seen it judging by your new post made when I was composing THIS one :D)
high rated
Carcassonne Tiles & Tactics has a mini-expansion The Abbot that is free, but only after you've created an account and registered with the publisher for multiplayer. This is single-player usable content hidden behind multiplayer account and online activation.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by mqstout
mqstout: Carcassonne Tiles & Tactics has a mini-expansion The Abbot that is free, but only after you've created an account and registered with the publisher for multiplayer. This is single-player usable content hidden behind multiplayer account and online activation.
Thanks for the update.
looks like Journey to the savage planet has drmed dlc
Orkhepaj: looks like Journey to the savage planet has drmed dlc
Thank you for the notice.

Is that only for multiplayer, as the product page of the DLC says? Or is it also for single-player game, as the reviews state? Does someone know?

I'll put it on the list for now. But if it's only multiplayer, please correct me.
Orkhepaj: looks like Journey to the savage planet has drmed dlc
Lifthrasil: Thank you for the notice.

Is that only for multiplayer, as the product page of the DLC says? Or is it also for single-player game, as the reviews state? Does someone know?

I'll put it on the list for now. But if it's only multiplayer, please correct me.
one reviewer wrote it is for the dlc , installing it needs galaxy , hope someone can confirm this
so probably dont put it on the list yet
Post edited February 02, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Lifthrasil: Thank you for the notice.

Orkhepaj: one reviewer wrote it is for the dlc , installing it needs galaxy , hope someone can confirm this
so probably dont put it on the list yet
Feuerbusch even wrote, on the DLC page, that it requires Always Online. However, both Feuerbusch and Kraco have their private messages set to only friends. So I can't ask them for details.

@all: if anyone knows details about the Journey to the Savage Planet - Hot Garbage DLC, please let me know.
Lifthrasil: @all: if anyone knows details about the Journey to the Savage Planet - Hot Garbage DLC, please let me know.
If you look in the game release thread it has been mentioned multiple times that it works offline.

wolfsite

An update:

I got to the point in the game were the DLC is officially opened up and without Galaxy running I was able to enter the DLC mission so there is no DRM or online component needed for the DLC.
Lifthrasil: @all: if anyone knows details about the Journey to the Savage Planet - Hot Garbage DLC, please let me know.
Gersen: If you look in the game release thread it has been mentioned multiple times that it works offline.

wolfsite

An update:

I got to the point in the game were the DLC is officially opened up and without Galaxy running I was able to enter the DLC mission so there is no DRM or online component needed for the DLC.
Gersen:
Thank you! In that case it seems to be a bug (or a remnant of DRM, that hasn't been completely removed and acts up in some cases). I'll keep an eye on it, but won't put it on the list for now.
high rated
Good news, you can remove Wasteland 3 from the list, InExile along GOG Support Staff have solved the problem and now all the content of the Pre Order Bonus is fully accesible offline!!! They removed all the DRM!!!!
KetobaK: Good news, you can remove Wasteland 3 from the list, InExile along GOG Support Staff have solved the problem and now all the content of the Pre Order Bonus is fully accesible offline!!! They removed all the DRM!!!!
That is great news!